Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Releases

Post by kaijukurt »

A 30 cm Gamera! That's awesome!
Also, I wonder why companies still produce Gamera Figures? (not that I'm complaining, though)
Does it mean Gamera is still a popular/profitable character in Japan?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

HAZAWA GUMI

1991 Godzilla. Hazawa Gumi is reissuing their 1991 Godzilla with new colors for the September 25, 2011 Super Festival 57. Cost 4,830 yen (approx $60).

===============================================================================================================================

KAIYODO

Legion. Cost 4,300 yen (approx $53). Accessories comes with a flying Gamera and 7 Legion soldiers. November 2011 release date.
Height is approx 4.9 inches and length is approx 7.9 inches.

For additional information and pictures visit Kaiyodo's official site at:
http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/series032/
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Reldn
Yojimbo

Post by Reldn »

I'm loving the Revoltech Legion! That's getting pre-ordered as soon as possible...My wallet hates me so much right now. Also, will the Hazawa Gumi be available in other stores/sites, or is it only an exclusive to the Festival? (and of course Ebay.)

I've only just arrived here at these forums and the poll is closed, but I'm just going to add in that you're definitely not wasting your time. It's awesome seeing all that's new and upcoming out there. So, thank you for making this thread and keeping us up to date!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

That Legion is $53? I might pass on the Bandai then.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Reldn wrote:Also, will the Hazawa Gumi be available in other stores/sites, or is it only an exclusive to the Festival? (and of course Ebay.)

I've only just arrived here at these forums and the poll is closed, but I'm just going to add in that you're definitely not wasting your time. It's awesome seeing all that's new and upcoming out there. So, thank you for making this thread and keeping us up to date!
That version of Hazawa Gumi will be introduce at the upcoming Super Festival toy show. Like always Hazawa Gumi will make them available for sale after the show usually directly from them (they do not sell to international customers). Sometime clawmarktoys get some of the Hazawa Gumi for sale. The price I gave are original cost. A resell from clawmarktoys will cost you more around $100. And thanks I am glad you are enjoying this topic section.
Showa Gyaos wrote:That Legion is $53? I might pass on the Bandai then.
If you wait about 6-12 months most likey Hobby Link Japan will offer them 25-33% off sometimes as high 50%, like they have on all of the Revoltechs.
Jomei wrote:CCP Gamera looks amazing, too. Is it more of a statue or a figure?
More of figure statue. There is probably very little articulation. I have the smaller one next to it. And the arms and tail have very little articulation.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

Seeing Legion's feet really ruins his look for me. If I were to grab this I'd have them hidden by something.
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

Yeah the feet betray its design in this more than any other version of the character I have seen.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

BANDAI

Ultraman (teleporting version). Cost 1,200 yen (approx $15). Clear vinyl and painted. 45th Anniversary Ultraman event limited exclusive sold at the several shows only through out Japan. September 2011 release.

============================================================================================================================

BEMON

2-Headed Bemon. Limited edition of 20. Release date September 2011.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

That Ultraman is pretty cool, I like.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

YAMANAYA

Garamon. Cost 5,775 yen (approx $72). Height 21 cm. Release date late September 2011.

==============================================================================================================================

BULLMARK

Muruchi. Cost 6,300 yen (approx $78). Release date September 2011. Vintage mold reissue.

King Maimai. Cost 6,300 (approx $75). Release date September 2011. Vintage mold reissue.

===============================================================================================================================

MAX TOY COMPANY x KONATSU

Kaiju Negora. Toy collaboration between Mark Nagata and Japanese female artist Konatsu-san. 2nd release of Negora, first time being fully painted. Hyper Hobby exclusive mail order.

Front of the header card designed by Konatsu-san.

Back of the header card designed by Mark Nagata.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Shōbijin
GPN Volunteer

Post by Shōbijin »

So does Negora come as a pack-in with the Hyper Hobby magazine or do you have to fill an order-form inside?

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Shōbijin wrote:So does Negora come as a pack-in with the Hyper Hobby magazine or do you have to fill an order-form inside?
It's a mail order for the Negora.

==============================================================================================================================

ZOLLMEN

Demeking. Hyper Hobby September 2011 issue 10 will be offering a exclusive Zollmen Demeking for mail order.
ImageImage
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

AH! Demeking probably had the least screen time of any Kaiju I know and still gets a figure. : )

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Who is Negora anyway?

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Way cool - I like this guy a lot!
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

MechaGamera wrote:AH! Demeking probably had the least screen time of any Kaiju I know and still gets a figure. : )
Approximately how long was his screen time? Shorter than the Giant Condor's?

Shōbijin
GPN Volunteer

Post by Shōbijin »

Judging from a few reviews of Demeking The Sea Monster the movie itself is mostly a coming-of-age film and Demeking seems to show up only during a 5 minute nightmare scene.

At least it proves once again that you can use Kaiju's for almost any type of story. ;)

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

It is more correctly a film about trying to hold on to the last vestages of youth, not wanting to take that final step to becoming an adult. Demeking does only appear in the nightmare sequence but I got to say I enjoyed it. The film also hints that there is actually a real Demeking heading towards earth by showing a giant meteor moving through space again and again. In fact if I remember right that is the closing shot of the movie. I always think of it as a Japanese Stand By Me with Kaiju nightmares.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MARMIT

Godzilla. Cost 4,200 yen (approx $52). Height 16 cm. Release late December 2011.

Godzilla. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height 23 cm. Release late December 2011.

Neo Kaiju Cyclo. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height 23 cm. Made of clear purple vinyl with glitter inside. Release late December 2011.

Ultra Kaiju Woo. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height 23 cm. Release late December 2011.

Kanegon. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height 26 cm. Release late December 2011.

Bemstar. Cost for a unbuilt/unpainted vinyl 4,200 yen (approx $52). Cost of fully built/painted vinyl 7,350 yen (approx $92). Height 35 cm. Release late December 2011.

================================================================================================================================

SHUHEI HASEGAWA ILLUSTRATION EXHIBIT

Shuhei Hasegawa-san illustration exhibition held in Nagasaki Japan from August 22 to Octorber 23, 2011.

Akamatsu-san of Marmit sculpted a kaiju toy base on Hasegawa-san pen and ink illustrations from his book title "Torigorasu" (english: Trigorath) published in 1978. It has been made available as a limited edition exclusive at the exhibition. Hasegawa-san has a new second planned book base on the return of his his character Trigorath.

Marmit "Trigorath." Cost 5,250 yen ($65). Height 23 cm. Available now at the event.

Trigorath header card illustration by Hasegawa-san.

Some other artwork by Hasegawa-san being displayed at the exhibit.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^I didn't know Marmit were still releasing Parababy figures...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score