Toho monster logos, how to find?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by Goji »

Yeah, that's because Toho's never bothered to make one for the Showa Mechagodzilla. It makes sense why they didn't, but it's still jarring to see the Heisei MG associated with the two 70's films.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Toho monster logos, how to find?

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Goji wrote:Yeah, that's because Toho's never bothered to make one for the Showa Mechagodzilla. It makes sense why they didn't, but it's still jarring to see the Heisei MG associated with the two 70's films.
Especially because it's so jarringly different from the other two. Doesn't look as cool either.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Copyright Icons

Post by kaijukurt »

I'm pretty sure almost everyone here has seen the copyright icons for Toho kaiju which can be seen on the back of DVD's and other merchandising.

Does anyone here have a photo gallery showcasing all of these "kaiju icons"? And why do monsters like Krystalak have an icon but monsters like Obsidiius and the Gargantuas don't? And which icon has your favorite design? (mine's Godzilla, I like how it's influenced by the Marvel Godzilla)

Let's discuss!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Futurian

Re: Godzilla Copyright Icons

Post by 3000 »

Krystalak has an icon? That's news to me :0
Member of TK Since 2006

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

There are quite few things I don't understand about business. One of them is how Krystalak gets a copyright icon but Obsidius doesn't.

Do monsters like Shokirus, Gezora, Ganime, or Dogora have their own icons?
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Dust_pan wrote:There are quite few things I don't understand about business. One of them is how Krystalak gets a copyright icon but Obsidius doesn't.

Do monsters like Shokirus, Gezora, Ganime, or Dogora have their own icons?
I remember that Gezora, Gamine, and Kamoebas get icons. I'm not home now so I can't look on the back of the other cases to see if Dogora and such have icons, but someone else can probably do that.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

3000 wrote:Krystalak has an icon? That's news to me :0
Yep. It's on the back of the Godzilla:Unleashed box (Wii version only, of course).

Dogora does in fact have an icon. I have a bunch saved on my hard drive. I'll see if I can dig them up.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Cody Himes told me that Marvel implemented the use of these icons in their Godzilla comics.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Zilla and the American Godzilla both share the same copyright icon after FW. On the back of the G98 blu-ray cover, I remember it being the same icon but with "Godzilla" written under it for obvious reasons since the American Godzilla is still copy right under "Godzilla".
That's strange. A DVD release of G98 from 2007 or 2008, the Monster Edition, still used the Godzilla icon. Guess Toho had a change of heart.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Gaira and Sanda don't. I looked in the cover of War of the Gargantuans, but there wasn't any logos (just Rodan's, since I have the box set).

My personal favorite icon is King Caesar's. He just looks...awesome. Him and Gigan. 8-)
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It's a shame Frankenstein doesn't have an icon. But he is public domain, so that's not too surprising.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I also noticed that Godzilla used to have another, older icon, sometimes seen in 70's merchandise.
Also, why do Baby, Little,Junior Godzilla, Super MG and Fire Rodan all have their own separate icons? I find them unnecessary.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I am also interested in seeing the full list of icons. There are some icons I have heard exist but I have never actually seen such as the dorats and Little Godzilla.

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

Does Godzillasaurus have an icon?
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

He does.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I remember Kiryu having his own on the STE case, but I never saw it again after that.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Really? I'll have to check. In The Official Godzilla Compendium from '98, I think there was one for Kong. Maybe we can get some scans up here of all the different icons. I've always wanted to see them in one place.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Kiryu does have one, but like Gyaos mentioned, it was only seen on STE, and then mysteriously disappeared. I don't believe Kong actually has one in the compendium, considering he's not a Toho-owned character.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

So I checked the compendium and I didn't see Kong (not really surprised), but I also looked at the icons onthe back of my Save The Earth (X-Box) game case, and I didn't see Kiryu. Can anyone post a pic?

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

I don't have a scan, but I just checked my x-box STE case, and nope. Not there. Only the Heisei MG.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score