Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Releases

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 am

Captain Aktion wrote:Why would you think no one is interested?

This topic went to the second page. I don't know if people were aware if I was still updating during all this time. I am not allow to double post and have to edit a prior post to keep adding which keeps the old date of the post. I only need 1 person to reply every once in awhile in order for me to start a new post. Now that I know people are viewing and someone posted I can continue. Thanks everyone!

============================================================================================================================

I mention some exclusives in the prior post for the Ultra Q 45th Anniversary Gallery Event at Parco Deptment Store Logos Gallery being held from August 24 to September 7. Here is a picture of one of the display cases taken by Shigenobu Ohashi and was uploaded on his Buta no Hana blog dated August 26, 2011. A few of Ohashi-san kaiju figures are also on display at this event.

Some more limited edition exclusives that were made available for sale at the Parco Logos Gallery Event from Bullmark.

=================================================================================================================================

CCP

For Spectreman fans CCP is collabrating with Medicom to release 2 figures thru Medicom Project 1/6 Store to celebrate Spectremans 40th Anniversary. Medicom will be accepting international orders. If you are interested in ordering go here: http://www.bearbrick.com/spman0824/
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby Mugendude26 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

I really like the Orga polystone resin statue that you posted KnM. It looks so realistic and exactly like the suit.
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!
Mugendude26
Samurai

Postby Captain Aktion » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:48 am

^Having recently gotten the Ultra Q series, that last update certainly was interesting to me. Thanks Kaiju, and now we know; I honestly hadn't thought about the no-double posts, I was just watching your updates.
"If this is your God, you have a serious ontological crisis."

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby kaijukurt » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 am

I wonder why companies keep on producing convention or store-exclusive toys? Do they actually earn from them?
Formerly known as kurtzilla
kaijukurt
G-Grasper

Postby Captain Aktion » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 pm

If they sell out of an entire print run, even if a small run, then any company would consider that a profit.
"If this is your God, you have a serious ontological crisis."

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:16 am

ULTRA Q 45th ANNIVERSARY AT PARCO LOGOS GALLERY

In the photo is actress Hiroko Sakurai who played Yuriko Edogawa on Ultra Q with artist Yuji Kaida and Kanegon.

Some of Yuji Kaida artwork that was displayed at the Ultra Q Parcos Logo gallery event.

=================================================================================================================================

TARGET EARTH

Robot Kong. Cost 8,400 yen (approx $105). Approx 9.5 inches in height. Release date October 2011.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby Jomei » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:47 am

lol what is Robot Kong from? Assuming it's not just a different interpretation of Mechanikong.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 am

Jomei wrote:lol what is Robot Kong from? Assuming it's not just a different interpretation of Mechanikong.

Target Earths Robot Kong design is losely based on 2 sources which was the 60's King Kong anime and a Robot Kong and King Kong anatomy manga illustration. Mechani Kong was also based loosely on the Robot Kong from the 60s King Kong anime.

Update: Target Earth has extended it's preorder until September 7th. Target Earth has also renamed the character from Robot Kong to Robot Gorilla. An additional "mad scientist" mini vinyl figure will come with Robot Gorilla.
=========================================================================================================================

BANDAI

The recent release of the limited edition Ultra Q Box Set was also available at the Parco Logos Gallery Event.

Garamon and Peguila

Gomes

=============================================================================================================================

CHARACTER CONTENT PRODUCTION

CCP blog preview of 30 cm Gamera. Expected presales TBA sometime in Fall 2011.

===============================================================================================================================

MONSTER MAKER 28

1966 Godzilla resin kit. Unpainted and unbuilt. Cost 23000 yen (approx $287). Height 30 cm. Release date September 2011. This is MM28 re-issue of their kit originally released in 2006.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby kaijukurt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

A 30 cm Gamera! That's awesome!
Also, I wonder why companies still produce Gamera Figures? (not that I'm complaining, though)
Does it mean Gamera is still a popular/profitable character in Japan?
Formerly known as kurtzilla
kaijukurt
G-Grasper

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:15 am

HAZAWA GUMI

1991 Godzilla. Hazawa Gumi is reissuing their 1991 Godzilla with new colors for the September 25, 2011 Super Festival 57. Cost 4,830 yen (approx $60).

===============================================================================================================================

KAIYODO

Legion. Cost 4,300 yen (approx $53). Accessories comes with a flying Gamera and 7 Legion soldiers. November 2011 release date.

Height is approx 4.9 inches and length is approx 7.9 inches.

For additional information and pictures visit Kaiyodo's official site at:
http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/series032/
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby Reldn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:24 am

I'm loving the Revoltech Legion! That's getting pre-ordered as soon as possible...My wallet hates me so much right now. Also, will the Hazawa Gumi be available in other stores/sites, or is it only an exclusive to the Festival? (and of course Ebay.)

I've only just arrived here at these forums and the poll is closed, but I'm just going to add in that you're definitely not wasting your time. It's awesome seeing all that's new and upcoming out there. So, thank you for making this thread and keeping us up to date!
Reldn
Ronin

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 am

That Legion is $53? I might pass on the Bandai then.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Jomei » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:30 am

Awesome Legion.

CCP Gamera looks amazing, too. Is it more of a statue or a figure? My girlfriend is crazy about large scale Gameras, so I might end up in the market for one of these.
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 am

Reldn wrote:Also, will the Hazawa Gumi be available in other stores/sites, or is it only an exclusive to the Festival? (and of course Ebay.)

I've only just arrived here at these forums and the poll is closed, but I'm just going to add in that you're definitely not wasting your time. It's awesome seeing all that's new and upcoming out there. So, thank you for making this thread and keeping us up to date!

That version of Hazawa Gumi will be introduce at the upcoming Super Festival toy show. Like always Hazawa Gumi will make them available for sale after the show usually directly from them (they do not sell to international customers). Sometime clawmarktoys get some of the Hazawa Gumi for sale. The price I gave are original cost. A resell from clawmarktoys will cost you more around $100. And thanks I am glad you are enjoying this topic section.

Showa Gyaos wrote:That Legion is $53? I might pass on the Bandai then.

If you wait about 6-12 months most likey Hobby Link Japan will offer them 25-33% off sometimes as high 50%, like they have on all of the Revoltechs.

Jomei wrote:CCP Gamera looks amazing, too. Is it more of a statue or a figure?

More of figure statue. There is probably very little articulation. I have the smaller one next to it. And the arms and tail have very little articulation.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby StonedHope » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 am

Seeing Legion's feet really ruins his look for me. If I were to grab this I'd have them hidden by something.
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.
StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Postby MechaGamera » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Yeah the feet betray its design in this more than any other version of the character I have seen.
MechaGamera
Samurai

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 pm

I still can't make out how many limbs she's supposed to have.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 pm

BANDAI

Ultraman (teleporting version). Cost 1,200 yen (approx $15). Clear vinyl and painted. 45th Anniversary Ultraman event limited exclusive sold at the several shows only through out Japan. September 2011 release.

============================================================================================================================

BEMON

2-Headed Bemon. Limited edition of 20. Release date September 2011.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby ElijahSky » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:15 pm

That Ultraman is pretty cool, I like.
ElijahSky
Samurai

Postby Kaiju no Mura » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:10 pm

YAMANAYA

Garamon. Cost 5,775 yen (approx $72). Height 21 cm. Release date late September 2011.

==============================================================================================================================

BULLMARK

Muruchi. Cost 6,300 yen (approx $78). Release date September 2011. Vintage mold reissue.

King Maimai. Cost 6,300 (approx $75). Release date September 2011. Vintage mold reissue.

MAX TOY COMPANY x KONATSU

Kaiju Negora. Toy collaboration between Mark Nagata and Japanese female artist Konatsu-san. 2nd release of Negora, first time being fully painted. Hyper Hobby exclusive mail order.

Front of the header card designed by Konatsu-san.

Back of the header card designed by Mark Nagata.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Postby Jomei » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:58 pm

I like the warning label on Negora.

"Warning! Not a child's toy. Adult collectibles. Not for ages 15 and under."
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models