Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Releases

Post by Captain Aktion »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:
GMK Godzilla. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $63.50). Height 23 cm. Shop Limited. Release date late November 2011.

AAAaaannnddd, the best way for me to get this guy? I saw this on their page a few days ago, and, well, I can has? I don't think I can handle using the proxy in Japan type of situation, so what then?
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The Gorosaurus, GMK Goji and Sqalone figures are things I'd consider buying.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

kaijukurt wrote:I love this thread! Keep up the good work!
Thanks
MechaGamera wrote:Made me pre order the Gamera 6 piece blind set.
Good luck on getting the chase.
Captain Aktion wrote:AAAaaannnddd, the best way for me to get this guy? I saw this on their page a few days ago, and, well, I can has? I don't think I can handle using the proxy in Japan type of situation, so what then?
If you do not want to use a proxy. Contact Mike Johnson at Club Tokyo or Chris from Grumble Toys if he hasn't already put it up for pre-order.

==============================================================================================================================

CHIKYU BOUEIGUN

Mecha King Ghidorah Resin Statue. Cost 28,000 yen (approx $342). December 2011 release.

=================================================================================================================================

MUTANT VINYL HARDCORE

Ollie. Nakano Mandarake Store Exclusive. Cost 12,000 yen (approx $146) + S&H. Will ship internationally. This is a limited production and can only be purchase if you win the lottery. Lottery submissions from August 14-16 Japan time.

===============================================================================================================================

ELEGAB

Shuttlegon. Version 11th Release. 4 choices. Lottery only. Lottery submission from August 4-7. Cost for painted 7,800 yen (approx $95) + S&H. Cost for unpainted 5,000 yen (approx $61) + S&H. Planned shipment date August 22.

Shuttlegon Type-A

Shuttlegon Type-B

Shuttlegon Type-C

Shuttlegon Unpainted
========================================================================================================================

MAX TOY COMPANY

Kaiju Dualos. Height 10 inches. Mark Nagata introduced his newest kaiju for sale in July. Made in Japan at the Shimizu-san Vinyl Factory. Mark has been pushing out some stunning hand painted customs he did for sale.

Kaiju Dualos 1-Off custom by Mark using Monster Kolors. Made of clear blue vinyl. Sold for $200.

Kaiju Dualos. Limited production hand painted by Mark. Pre-orders while supplies last from Lulubell Online Store. Cost $150 + S&H.

Kaiju Dualos. This is a Medicom Project 1/6 store exclusive. Japan sales only! Comes with interchangeable parts. Cost 9,000 yen (approx $109). Sales begin August 7.

SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

....I want that Mecha King Ghidorah.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

Sweet set of Dualoses. Duali? Idk, but that MKG makes my mouth water.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

Kaiju No Mura.....I'm a huge Gamera fan and wanted to know if there's a site we can to to see more info on the CCP Flying mode Gamera with LED lights. Also, is anyone like Hobby Search taking pre-orders yet? I believe it looks like the original 65 style in flying mode. Approx how big is it? There's one on ebay but its a different style and has the flappers instaed of his hands. I think this one is awesome looking!!!!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

jozillaguy wrote:Kaiju No Mura.....I'm a huge Gamera fan and wanted to know if there's a site we can to to see more info on the CCP Flying mode Gamera with LED lights. Also, is anyone like Hobby Search taking pre-orders yet? I believe it looks like the original 65 style in flying mode. Approx how big is it? There's one on ebay but its a different style and has the flappers instaed of his hands. I think this one is awesome looking!!!!
From the bottom of the stand to the top shell of Gamera it is about 12.5 inches in height. Gamera himself measures approx 8 inches in length.

Detail information on the flying gamera:
http://www.ccp.jp/amc/vol041.html

Additional pictures of the flying gamera:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ccp/archives/51794741.html

Hobby Search and many other online Japan stores rarely sell CCP products. So I would not rely on such stores in order to get one. You may have to go thru a proxy in order to get one directly from CCP.

================================================================================================================================

*Updated August 12, 2010

BUTA NO HANA

Ike Greenman Gorilla. Cost 3,150 yen (approx $39). Height approx 13 cm. This is the second reissue of this mold. Release date late August or early September. Gorilla suit used in the Japanese tv show "Go! Greenman!" was the 1967 Kong suit from King Kong Escapes.

Ike Greenman Mini Gorilla. Cost 1,575 yen (approx $20). Height approx 10 cm. Second reissue of this mini mold.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

You are definitely not wasting your time... thanks for doing this.

I hadn't heard about those beautifully done Gargantuas (damn! I'd passed on the Marmit Sanda when I picked up their Gailah back in '97, but I don't think I can pass on this one) or about the re-release of the Monster Heaven Gorosaurus. Thanks for the heads-up!
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

Mugendude26
Monsterland Worker

Post by Mugendude26 »

Man, all of those figurines look awesome! Too bad they're expensive. :(
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MARUSAN

Thought some of you may enjoy some dinosaur toys. These four were first release only in Marusan lucky bags at Super Festival. Marusan now sells them individually for 4,000 yen (approx $49) only at the toy shows they appear at. They are vintage reissues by Marusan from the late 60s. Marusan first reissue these as unpainted flesh vinyl before the lucky bags.

Diplodocus

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

Sea Turtle

1974 Mechagodzilla Set of 3. M-Pop Series. Cost 10,500 yen (approx $130). Height 24 cm. Release date September 2011.

There are other future releases by Marusan that I am to lazy to list. Please check out their offical website for those releases at:
http://www.marusan-toy.com/home/index.html

====================================================================================================================

HAZAWA GUMI

GMK Godzilla. Cost 4,620 yen (approx $57). Height 16 cm. Clear purple vinyl with glitter. Painted with gunmetal and gold. Sales opened August 11.

GMK Godzilla. Cost 4,620 yen (approx $57). Height 16 cm. Clear purple vinyl with glitter. Painted with blue, violet, and silver. Sales opened August 11.

=====================================================================================================================

U.S. TOYS

Pagos. Cost 2,100 yen (approx $26). Length 8.5 cm. Made in Japan. Will be released on September 25, 2011 as a Super Festival 57 show exclusive.

=======================================================================================================================

ARTSTORM/FEWTURE

Gomez with Litra Set. Cost 8,000 yen ($99). Gomez height 27.5 cm and Litra height 10 cm. Will be release first at the Super Festival 57 show on September 25. And then offer for sales directly from Artstorm on September 27.

========================================================================================================================

X-Plus

These are all slated for October 2011 release:

Red King. Cost 9,800 yen (approx $121). Height 23 cm. The Rick Boy limited edition comes with a toy rock so you can bash those annoying Pigmon toys you have, lol.

Teresdon. Cost 9,800 yen (approx $121). Height 23 cm.

Gorubagos. Cost 10,300 yen (approx $127). Height 23 cm. Rick Boy exclusive only!

Magma which everyone already knows is a future release. So i'm not going to bother with a pic and info. :D

====================================================================================================================

BANDAI

"Monsters of Ultra Q" T-shirt to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the show. Cost 3,500 yen (approx $43). September 25 release for Super Festival 57.

======================================================================================================================================

UPDATED AUGUST 20, 2011

M1GO

M1 original offer these 3 figures for sale at the Summer Wonder Festival which were limited to a total of 50 each. M1 is reoffering a total of 50 each for direct mail order sales from them now which will be shipped out in September.
ImageImageImage

Ultra 7 Mini Piggy Bank limited edition of 15.

Garamon limited edition of 30.

==========================================================================================================================

RESTORE

Restore first release of their character shrunken head named "Dry Head." Made in Japan. approx 1.5 inches in height. Japan sales thru Popsoda for 1,050 yen and US sales thru Lulubell for $20. Seriously what kid doesn't want an ultra cool mini shrunken head for their kaiju toy to play with? ;)
ImageImage

===================================================================================================================================

MAX TOY COMPANY

Kaiju Dualos update. Limited edition of only 50 hand painted by Mark Nagata president of Max Toy Company. Soon to be release. Order now thru Lulubell.

Negora update. First release was an exclusive only to Max Toy club members which sold out already. Clear yellow vinyl that comes in a special bag designed like a cat nip bag.

These Max Toy Company toys are all made in Japan from Shimizu-san vinyl factory in Japan. For those that do not know who he is, he has been manufacturing kaiju vinyl toys since the 60s.

==============================================================================================================================

UPDATED AUGUST 24, 2011

MARMIT

Special gallery event held to celebrate the 45th Anniversary of Ultra Q was held at the Parco Logos Gallery in Shibuya Japan. Opening was on August 24 and will run until September 7th. Marmit had 3 exclusives available at this event. One of them was a very limited production secret color version of the standard limited Kanegon exclusive at this event.

Yuriko Edogawa. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65).

Kanegon. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height approx 25 cm.

Secret Kanegon version is made of clear yellow vinyl with gold glitter. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65). Height approx 25 cm.

======================================================================================================================================

M1GO

Goga. Released at the Parco Logos Gallery in Shibuya for the 45th Anniversary of Ultra Q. Limited edition of only 34 made. A few set a side for future sales at the upcoming Super Festival 57 on September 25th. Cost 5,250 yen (approx $65).

============================================================================================================================

UPDATED AUGUST 26, 2011

CHIKYU BOUEIGUN

Orga polystone resin statue. Cost 13,000 yen (approx $161). Height 18 cm. November 2011 release date.

This will be my last update. I assume no one is interested anymore in this topic. Just a FYI anyone who wishes can also add updates for future releases. This topic is not exclusively for me.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

The last update?! I'm pretty sure people are still interested! (including me)
Come on, guys! Let's show our support for this thread!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

I alway pounce on this thread when I see something new added either as a comment or a picture. So yeah still interested. :)

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Why would you think no one is interested?

No one has said anything negative about the thread; There's just not a lot to reply with other than. "Wow, I want that" which just gets boring to say after awhile.

C'mon Kaiju, this topic is exactly what these forums are for...

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Captain Aktion wrote:Why would you think no one is interested?
This topic went to the second page. I don't know if people were aware if I was still updating during all this time. I am not allow to double post and have to edit a prior post to keep adding which keeps the old date of the post. I only need 1 person to reply every once in awhile in order for me to start a new post. Now that I know people are viewing and someone posted I can continue. Thanks everyone!

============================================================================================================================

I mention some exclusives in the prior post for the Ultra Q 45th Anniversary Gallery Event at Parco Deptment Store Logos Gallery being held from August 24 to September 7. Here is a picture of one of the display cases taken by Shigenobu Ohashi and was uploaded on his Buta no Hana blog dated August 26, 2011. A few of Ohashi-san kaiju figures are also on display at this event.

Some more limited edition exclusives that were made available for sale at the Parco Logos Gallery Event from Bullmark.

ImageImage

=================================================================================================================================

CCP

For Spectreman fans CCP is collabrating with Medicom to release 2 figures thru Medicom Project 1/6 Store to celebrate Spectremans 40th Anniversary. Medicom will be accepting international orders. If you are interested in ordering go here: http://www.bearbrick.com/spman0824/
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Mugendude26
Monsterland Worker

Post by Mugendude26 »

I really like the Orga polystone resin statue that you posted KnM. It looks so realistic and exactly like the suit.
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Having recently gotten the Ultra Q series, that last update certainly was interesting to me. Thanks Kaiju, and now we know; I honestly hadn't thought about the no-double posts, I was just watching your updates.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I wonder why companies keep on producing convention or store-exclusive toys? Do they actually earn from them?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

If they sell out of an entire print run, even if a small run, then any company would consider that a profit.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

ULTRA Q 45th ANNIVERSARY AT PARCO LOGOS GALLERY

In the photo is actress Hiroko Sakurai who played Yuriko Edogawa on Ultra Q with artist Yuji Kaida and Kanegon.
Some of Yuji Kaida artwork that was displayed at the Ultra Q Parcos Logo gallery event.

Image=================================================================================================================================

TARGET EARTH

Robot Kong. Cost 8,400 yen (approx $105). Approx 9.5 inches in height. Release date October 2011.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Jomei wrote:lol what is Robot Kong from? Assuming it's not just a different interpretation of Mechanikong.
Target Earths Robot Kong design is losely based on 2 sources which was the 60's King Kong anime and a Robot Kong and King Kong anatomy manga illustration. Mechani Kong was also based loosely on the Robot Kong from the 60s King Kong anime.

Update: Target Earth has extended it's preorder until September 7th. Target Earth has also renamed the character from Robot Kong to Robot Gorilla. An additional "mad scientist" mini vinyl figure will come with Robot Gorilla.
Image=========================================================================================================================

BANDAI

The recent release of the limited edition Ultra Q Box Set was also available at the Parco Logos Gallery Event.
Garamon and Peguila
Gomes

=============================================================================================================================

CHARACTER CONTENT PRODUCTION

CCP blog preview of 30 cm Gamera. Expected presales TBA sometime in Fall 2011.

===============================================================================================================================

MONSTER MAKER 28

1966 Godzilla resin kit. Unpainted and unbuilt. Cost 23000 yen (approx $287). Height 30 cm. Release date September 2011. This is MM28 re-issue of their kit originally released in 2006.
ImageImage
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!