What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Rewatching Godzilla 1985. I just love this movie so much. Every time I watch the scene with Godzilla fighting the jets in Tokyo Bay, I get instantly taken back to my childhood.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Mississippi pot roast with mashed potatoes for dinner. So good.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

My wish has been granted! Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) will be shown in 35mm here in Helsinki this August!! :Mechagodzilla74:

https://kinoregina.fi/elokuva/195273/
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla Minus One coming to Netflix. I was finally able to see what was going on with Noriko's neck.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Walking With Dinosaurs is getting a remake!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

A week off work and a family road trip to Oklahoma City! We're leaving now. This will be the first time any of us have ever been to Arkansas or Oklahoma. They're flyover states, but that's part of the appeal, really. My mom is going to a day lily flower festival, and my siblings and I will be hitting various museums and stuff around the city. My main plan is a trip to the Oklahoma City Zoo. Should be fun.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

It's happening, at last! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just found out that the guy who voiced Robin in Teen Titans, now Teen Titans Go, was the founding bassist for early 2000s nu metal band Boy Hits Car. The band is maybe best known for being featured in the 4th Dragon Ball Z movie Lord Slug.

His father Chuck was a major television writer in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. He was primarily a cartoon writer. He was the lead writer for The Real Ghostbusters starting from the 3rd season onward. His other credits include everything from Fat Albert to Batman the Animated Series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Tonight a local theater is showing the 4K restoration of 1954. I've never been able to see it in the theater before, and it's going to be my girlfriend's first time seeing it as well.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:13 am Tonight a local theater is showing the 4K restoration of 1954. I've never been able to see it in the theater before, and it's going to be my girlfriend's first time seeing it as well.
Awesome! Hope you had a great time!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

My brother finally has a job after being unemployed for, like, 15 years. Now he can finally take care of himself instead having my mom do it. Although he is moving back in with us until he finds a new place to stay, but I like having him around, so that's good.

Also, I found an abandoned kitten at my local park yesterday. The poor little thing was all alone. So, I took the kitten to my house and we're keeping him. I named him Geist.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Getting better at settlement building in Fallout 4. I'm starting small, at the red rocket gas station. But I think it's turning out well.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The local theater that closed about a year ago has been bought by a new chain and is reopening next Thursday. I mean there's a theater across the river on the Iowa side too but it's a bit more of a pain to get to. This one is only a few minutes from my house.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Seeing a Starlink satellite train for the first time! I was just out walking my dog, it was about an hour from sunrise here, and I happened to look up to see this bright streak of light in the sky. UFO fan that I am, my first thought was "is this finally my first UFO?!" :lol: And then I started going through the other possibilities. Searchlight? Not right at all. Laser? Closer but not quite. Fireball meteor? Too slow. And then it moved past me and resolved itself into a chain of around twenty points of light skimming silently along just like ordinary satellites do, and I knew what it had to be. Freshly launched Starlink trains, still closely bunched up together, are so commonly reported as UFOs that the National UFO Reporting Center had to put out a PSA and pictures to get people to stop clogging up their inbox with obvious satellites.

I don't blame anyone for jumping to that conclusion, though! That was one of the craziest looking things I've ever seen. There were sirens out on the main road at the exact same time it passed over, so I bet cops were probably trying to chase it, thinking it was a UFO. That, or it caused a car accident or something; hopefully no one is hurt.

I checked the Starlink Satellite Tracker website just to be sure, and yep, there was a bright train over my area heading in the right direction at the right time, so case closed. I was also able to use their info to see another dimmer, more spread out train half an hour later. Cool stuff.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio