The K.W.C. "Announced, but no Matches" Combatants Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: The K.W.C. "Announced, but no Matches" Combatants Thread

Post by GmkGoji »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:20 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 pm
GZillaguy199 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:01 pm do we HAVE to scale a Gundam up to like 80 meters? i feel they have enough firepower and weaponry to take on a Kaiju that's much larger than themselves at their canonical height.
This is me just personally talking, but TBH I'm kind of grateful for the size up. I've never liked writing matchups where the kaiju are their canonical size and there's a massive size-gap involved. It hinders a lot of things I do when it comes to the action.
Disagree
i think size gap's are kinda cool if both opponents' have some equal footing powerwise and can be a bit visually unique.
Now I'm curious, are you planning on writing a match with a Gundam?

It would be neat to see a fight between a smaller scale combatant and a larger combatant, and I'm curious if you have any ideas on how to make that visually unique as you say.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

GmkGoji wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:15 am
Gigantis wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 pm

This is me just personally talking, but TBH I'm kind of grateful for the size up. I've never liked writing matchups where the kaiju are their canonical size and there's a massive size-gap involved. It hinders a lot of things I do when it comes to the action.
Disagree
i think size gap's are kinda cool if both opponents' have some equal footing powerwise and can be a bit visually unique.

It would be neat to see a fight between a smaller scale combatant and a larger combatant, and I'm curious if you have any ideas on how to make that visually unique as you say.
Im not a writer.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:23 am

Disagree

Im not a writer.
I see...if that's the case, now I'm curious as to your fascination with the KWC. What exactly in the KWC's rules and combatants applies to you, given that you're not a writer?
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

GmkGoji wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:43 pm
GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:23 am

Im not a writer.
I see...if that's the case, now I'm curious as to your fascination with the KWC. What exactly in the KWC's rules and combatants applies to you, given that you're not a writer?
Im just here to spitball ideas to see if anyone bites, not good at coming up with entire plots but specific parts and details is my strong suit.

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Where exactly did "can launch icicle spikes from her tail" come from for Shimo?

She didn't do that in the Movie or any other piece of media to my knowledge.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:29 am Where exactly did "can launch icicle spikes from her tail" come from for Shimo?

She didn't do that in the Movie or any other piece of media to my knowledge.
Storyboards. Unlike the Doug fiasco, this one I can confidently verify to be the case.
Wouldn't be too out of the question, even if this was before her tail was finalized with the thagomizer, being able to at the very minimum use her freezing body to solidify ice shards wouldn't be too OOC or out of the realm of possibility.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Do we have acess to Arch Belial as a form?

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:19 pm Do we have acess to Arch Belial as a form?
that form ain't listed on the announced but no matches thread, so he's not allowed. Otherwise Usuno vs Belial would be his debut match for the KWC and Not a KWCE match
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

kaijufanforever wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:33 am
GZillaguy199 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:19 pm Do we have acess to Arch Belial as a form?
that form ain't listed on the announced but no matches thread, so he's not allowed. Otherwise Usuno vs Belial would be his debut match for the KWC and Not a KWCE match
You know forms from non toho sources are allowed now right?????

It probably hasn't been added yet because it wasn't mentioned yet.
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yes.
kaijufanforever wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:33 am that form ain't listed on the announced but no matches thread, so he's not allowed. Otherwise Usuno vs Belial would be his debut match for the KWC and Not a KWCE match
That match was posted before the “non-Toho forms are allowed” ruling came in, hence why it is where it is.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:02 am
Yes.
kaijufanforever wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:33 am that form ain't listed on the announced but no matches thread, so he's not allowed. Otherwise Usuno vs Belial would be his debut match for the KWC and Not a KWCE match
That match was posted before the “non-Toho forms are allowed” ruling came in, hence why it is where it is.
Ah I see, got ya

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Soo, anyone got an updated list of who to expect coming the KWC's way?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

godjacob wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:26 am Soo, anyone got an updated list of who to expect coming the KWC's way?
The initial post is always consistently updated whenever someone new drops.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.