Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by gojiwr20 »

I wonder if the large amount of figures last year was more of a negative thing, that they didn't sell very well or something, so they're still trying to clear stock.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Photos of Godzilla 1991 are starting to pop up. Appears to be the same figure/no different from the original but it has an updated tag showing the 1991 suit and not 1989. Ironically I believe the photo they used for the first issue is actually better, but if you’re a stickler for accuracy or want variants, well there you go.
Last edited by Creature22 on Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

No clue if any of you noticed, but it looks like the tail spines are independently painted on the new 1991 repaint, which looks much better than the airbrush often used. Might have to pick this variant up then.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I got the Black Godzilla Minus Color MMS figures the other day. Been really busy so I don't have time for photos but they're OK. They're skippable unless you have an obsession with Minus One variants like I do. I wish they were a tad darker but they're fine. The box they arrived in was slightly damaged/bent (no idea if that was my fault or not), which bothers me a bit, but the figures themselves are nice.

I'm going to purchase the three black and white shin forms today.

Really looking forward to my Minus One Box set arriving with the golden MMS.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Mechagigatron will be on sale starting July 27th for Yen880

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Hmm, not sure if I’m feeling that one. I’d like to see them do Bemular as a figure but I guess we’ll see.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Totally feel you, I prefer regular Gigatron's figure.
Bemular would be very cool too!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rad. I don't think this design works great as a vinyl but love to see it.

Still holding out hope for Bemular. Both because I love his look and I'd love one in my Ultra shelf lol

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

For some reason I think the Mechagigatron vinyl looks better than the normal one. I'm considering getting the Neronga and maybe, just maybe the Mechagigatron or others. Easy to justify because its from a movie.

Anyways, further updates about the MMS. More sales/extreme discounts, especially on non-godzilla stuff. Shin Kamen Rider stuff is beginning to be a fraction of what they originally cost (60% off) on Amazon and other retailers. My speculation and opinion is that last year they went too hard on MMS stuff, from Gamera Rebirth, to Shin Ultraman, to Shin Kamen Rider, and even some Godzilla stuff, and a lot of it has gone unsold/didn't sell as well as they expected. That's probably why they're being more careful now and even those Shin Kamen Rider figures suddenly became box set exclusives for a ridiculous price. Again, all speculation on my part.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:29 pm For some reason I think the Mechagigatron vinyl looks better than the normal one. I'm considering getting the Neronga and maybe, just maybe the Mechagigatron or others. Easy to justify because its from a movie.

Anyways, further updates about the MMS. More sales/extreme discounts, especially on non-godzilla stuff. Shin Kamen Rider stuff is beginning to be a fraction of what they originally cost (60% off) on Amazon and other retailers. My speculation and opinion is that last year they went too hard on MMS stuff, from Gamera Rebirth, to Shin Ultraman, to Shin Kamen Rider, and even some Godzilla stuff, and a lot of it has gone unsold/didn't sell as well as they expected. That's probably why they're being more careful now and even those Shin Kamen Rider figures suddenly became box set exclusives for a ridiculous price. Again, all speculation on my part.
To be fair, on a more hopeful end, releasing tons of stuff month after month isn't exactly a great plan long term, it'll burn out customers, and it's not like we've had nothing, every month lately has at least had something, we have releases through September, beyond that is the anniversary period, so I'm sure we'll get something then. And I think there's supposed to be another G Store stream this month, we'll at least get SOMETHING with that, I'd hope.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I've noticed that everybody is saying Gigatron. It's Gigantron, with an N.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

Okay so, I think I'm noticing a pattern

2021: Tons of releases, back to back to back, Toho series/movie
2022: A few scattered releases, long break times between
2023: Tons of releases, back to back to back, Toho series/movie
2024: A few scattered releases, long break times between

So, either this means we get plenty of releases during releases of Toho films and series, or since 2021 it's every other year we get plenty of releases, so 2025 we could expect plenty of back to back drops, perhaps?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yeah....I really wish they'd continue making Gamera figures. 2023 was so amazing. There's still a few I'd like to see....namely, Gyaos 99, Vanishing Fist Gamera 99 and a crawling Gamera 66.

That al being said, overpriced or not....I'm looking forward to the Skar King and Shimo set. Really like their sculpts.

GodzillaKong54
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaKong54 »

I really wish we would get more showa Godzilla figures like a fake Godzilla and a Godzilla 73. And more monsters from the Showa era. Like there’s still so much they need to do from the Showa era

Grand Seijin
Young Farmer

Post by Grand Seijin »

king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:26 pm Yeah....I really wish they'd continue making Gamera figures. 2023 was so amazing. There's still a few I'd like to see....namely, Gyaos 99, Vanishing Fist Gamera 99 and a crawling Gamera 66.

That al being said, overpriced or not....I'm looking forward to the Skar King and Shimo set. Really like their sculpts.
It might just be me, but Shimo's legs seem a little more beefier than how they were in the movie. It might have to do with balance, but I don't know for sure.

My wallet is about to suffer regardless.
Last edited by Grand Seijin on Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I gotta be honest, I'm kinda glad we're getting a break. I still wanted Shimo and Skar King but also, last year was hard on my wallet and it was getting to the point I was letting other collections/hobbies suffer a bit to prioritize MMS - not to mention some of those releases absolutely sucked.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

BBTS has preorders up for Mechagodzilla 1993 and King Ghidorah 1991, but they don't seem to be US releases. The bandai website had some sort of image that actually featured both Biollante and Battra Imago, along with a con having Mothra 2003, so I assume those 3 are the next to come out.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The MG and KG figured have got to be imports. They're priced way too high to be part of the official US releases.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, I think BBTS just got their hands on some Japanese cases of these. Sure would like an official Bandai America release of them, though.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah I still need MG and KG. MG is constantly floating around Amazon at decent enough prices but KG is definitely harder to affordably get.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.