Lost Project Trailers

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
B!GF3RG
Ronin

Lost Project Trailers

Post by B!GF3RG »

Hello everyone, this is my first post on Toho Kingdom. I hope this is the right place to post this. I've decided to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Godzilla by making 10 trailers based on 10 unmade Godzilla films. I had this idea going since 2019. Instead of making 10 different posts for this, I'm going to put everything on one post. The first trailer that I'm currently working on is based on Eiji Tsuburaya unmade Octopus film from the early 50s (possibly 1952 or 1953). It's almost complete so I can upload it here.

UPDATE 2-24-2024:
After many setbacks, I finally got it exported and uploaded to YouTube with no copyright troubles so far.
Last edited by B!GF3RG on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Re: Lost Project Trailers

Post by B!GF3RG »

Should've said this earlier, but my YouTube channel is the same as my user name here (B!GF3RG or @B1GF3RG) since I can't share external links (don't know if this is a thing with new users or just in general). Since this series will be a monthly thing, I will wait until the 2nd of March before I start work on the next trailer. I've made a logo for it, but I don't know how put images here yet, so yeah...

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Just watched your first trailer. Quite nicely put together, and I like the whole old VHS look.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

G-Matt wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:28 pm Just watched your first trailer. Quite nicely put together, and I like the whole old VHS look.
Thank you! Spend almost a whole month on it. Still got 9 more to go, but I will make it. :huge:

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

Since March is where I start some sort of production to the Batman Meets Godzilla trailer, I just want to give y'all an insight to what I do to make these trailers. First, identify the footage that would match up together to the plot of the film and/or the setting when the film would've been made. Here are the films/shows I will use for "Batman meets Godzilla":

Various episodes of the Batman '66 Series
Batman: The Movie (1966)
You Only Live Twice (1967)
Gappa: The Triphibian Monster (1967)
The Killing Bottle (1967)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
3 Superman a Tokyo (1968) [A superhero rip-off film that takes place in Japan]
The Girl Who Knew Too Much (1969) [A neo noir film starring Adam West]
Godzilla's Revenge (1969)
Japan Organized Crime Boss (1969) [A Yakuza film]
Diamonds Are Forever (1971) [Pre-title sequence]

Other sources being the Mission Impossible TV show and The Protectors (a TV show from the early 70s), the reason being is the Eartha Kitt (who played Catwoman in the last season of Batman). One last thing to mention is the theme. The Batman theme will be used, however, not the one used in the show but a cover in the style of King Crimson (21st Century Schizoid Man and Thela Hun Ginjeet) which you can find on YouTube by JB Anderton. If you have any suggestions for clips from films (must be 1960s and early 1970s) to use or any other ideas to use, please tell me.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

Just a question what is y'alls opinion on Deepfakes and AI Voices? This is relevant to the trailer I'm working on, cause I'm thinking of using them for the trailer. Yea or nay?

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

So I had some other ideas for the "Batman Meets Godzilla" trailer. Using footage from Ultraman to make it a crossover with Batman, Ultraman & Godzilla; with Godzilla teaming up with Ultraman to fight Gabara & Red King (along with possible other monsters). I'm also thinking of either using Ultraman or Ultraseven. I also have ideas of using footage of Bruce Lee (don't know what character though, besides maybe Kato?) and Sir Christopher Lee as Ra's Al Ghul (using footage of him as Fu Manchu), even though I know that Ra's was introduced in 1971 and this would've been "released" in 1969. Other Batman characters that I could include is Two-Face (as could've been played by William Shatner). I heard that Boris Karloff was set to appear in this film too as Klaus Finster (a new character created for the film) but could be retooled as Dr. Hugo Strange. Other characters that could appear is Scarecrow (Footage from The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh), Poison Ivy, Deadshot (as he first appeared in 1950) & Man-Bat (Using footage of the Bat Men from Latitude Zero). If you have any suggests for clips or ideas please reply to this.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

Sorry for not updating here as much, college and life and all that. Here's my current cast for Batman Meets Godzilla:
Adam West as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Burt Ward as Dick Grayson/Robin
Yvonne Craig as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
Susumu Kurobe (Earl Hammond) as Shin Hayata
Bin Furuya as Ultraman
Neil Hamilton as Commissioner Gordon
Cesar Romero as The Joker
Burgess Meredith as The Penguin
Frank Gorshin as The Riddler
Eartha Kitt as Catwoman
George Sanders as Mr. Freeze
William Shatner as Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Ann-Margret as Poison Ivy
Hiroshi Sekita as Man Bat
&
Haruo Nakajima as Godzilla
with
Teruo Aragaki as Red King
Yasuhiko Kakuko as Gabara
Koji Ogi as Keronia
Though with what I have planned. There is a chance I may have to skip it and save this for later, because of said college. Besides that, there are other projects I want to try and complete, lack of good quality footage to use for this project along with the fact how I want to present this trailer keeps changing and almost starting to blur. So to avoid turning it into a disaster, I may have to skip to the next trailer: Either Godzilla vs. Redmoon or Godzilla vs. The Space Monsters: Return of King Ghidorah! (A combo of both unmade films).

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 4-19-2024

Sorry for not updating here as much, college & work kinda took over my live. I still plan on trying to continue the trailers for unmade Godzilla films, the current one being Godzilla vs. Redmoon.

Here's what I (hopefully) plan for the rest of the year:

May - Tokyo S.O.S: Godzilla's Suicide Strategy (1976)

June - Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3-D (1983) [Where I plan to make original footage of stop-motion Godzilla based on designs by William Stout]

July - Resurrection of Godzilla (1983)

August - Godzilla 2? ["Godzilla vs. Gunhed"] (1986)

September - Godzilla vs. Mechani-Kong (1990)

October - Godzilla (1996)

November - A video about MY unmade films (2013-2024)

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 5-31-2024

Sorry again for not updating here as much. Finals took my full attention. I wasn't able to get started on "Godzilla vs Redmoon" because of the overload of work and I barely got started on "Tokyo S.O.S: Godzilla's Suicide Strategy" this month after leaving college for the semester and I don't think I can finish before the day ends. I will try and finish it early next month while also editing the trailer for June "Resurrection of Godzilla". Yeah, I decided to switch the American 83 Godzilla film with this because of the lack of materials (and funding to buy said materials) to make the Godzilla for the trailer. I have rearranged of what trailer I'm going to do and hope to catch up with "Batman Meets Godzilla" and "Godzilla vs Redmoon" later. At the time though, I'm gonna figure out what to do for the rest of this summer since I have other plans for Godzilla or Kaiju related stuff and summer classes coming up in July. I'm honestly all over the place at the moment and I apologize for it. Hopefully, I can bring you two trailers and more in the coming months.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 6-13-2024
I finally got all the clips/footage I need for Tokyo S.O.S: Godzilla's Suicide Strategy and will create the trailer tomorrow and hopefully upload it soon to YouTube.

Here's the list if you're wondering:
Battle in Outer Space
Mirrorman Episode 17
Godzilla vs Gigan
Zone Fighter Episodes 4, 11, 15, 21 and 25
Godzilla vs Megalon
Submersion of Japan
ESPY
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla
Terror of MechaGodzilla
Conflagration
Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds
The War in Space
Ultraman 80 Episode 24
Fest Godzilla 3

(Note: All the footage I've collected may not be used)

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 6-18-24

I'm now currently 75% done with the editing for the trailer, I hope I can finish by tomorrow and upload it afterwards.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 6-21-24

Okay, I was abit wrong about the last update, but now I am 90% complete with the visuals and the audio won't take long to do afterwards. So this Saturday (Maybe) I can finally upload this trailer after almost 5 weeks of hard work.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 6-22-24
The video portion is now 100% complete. Now the only thing is left is the audio portion. After that, I can see if I can upload tonight or most likely tomorrow.

B!GF3RG
Ronin

Post by B!GF3RG »

UPDATE: 6-24-24
It's finally done! I've completed the trailer for Tokyo S.O.S and it's been uploaded to YouTube after 5 weeks of hard work. Glad to finally get it done.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Very nicely done! Definitely has a 70's feel.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Nicely done again! Pretty fun choice of music too.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

(For other tourists in the area like myself)

Well done!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One day, AI could be used to generate trailers for lost projects.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:14 pm One day, AI could be used to generate trailers for lost projects.
I'mma be real. That's kinda gross.