Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
gojizillakong
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by gojizillakong »

Bones and Orange are both very busy studios, and they're the best in their fields. It'll probably be a while before they hint at a Season 2

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

gojizillakong wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:36 pm Bones and Orange are both very busy studios, and they're the best in their fields. It'll probably be a while before they hint at a Season 2
I'm just not holding my breath at this point honestly.

LittleArkansaw
Young Farmer

Post by LittleArkansaw »

Hey
Does anyone knows if someone is working on a translated version of the novelization?

Or if there is one already?

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LittleArkansaw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:49 pm Hey
Does anyone knows if someone is working on a translated version of the novelization?

I actually have the full untranslated novel in a file.
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

LittleArkansaw
Young Farmer

Post by LittleArkansaw »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:49 am
LittleArkansaw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:49 pm Hey

I actually have the full untranslated novel in a file.
Yeah and so do I
Last edited by LittleArkansaw on Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Something that has been on my mind is that it feels like people, myself included, are too preoccupied with hoping for a season 2, rather than discuss the actual series.

Godzilla Singular Point is in my Top-Five Anime, and depending on my mood it'll be in the 1 or 2 spot. I need to rewatch it. I suspect people will make fun of me for that, but there's something about the series that makes it really stand out to me. I like that it has a world-hopping feel to it that's rare in Japanese anime. While we get beautiful moments in the Japanese countryside and small towns, we also get to see Dubai, England, and New York City. Common places, sure, but for anime it's a bit of a rarity.

I've stated this before, but I like how the show structurally works; focusing on Otaki crew and JJ dealing with smaller monsters and threats, while a larger and more sinister plot involving Godzilla is going on in the background. The way that the series allows everything to build on top of one another in the end is very satisfying and well done. Some would prefer a "monster of the week" type-show, and I'd still like to see that, but I felt this was the best of both worlds. And while I do hope if there's a season 2 there's more giant monsters, I appreciate that varied scale and scope of the action. Having JJ fight Rodan during a summer festival, an action scene focused on a monster climbing a shaft, and trying to harpoon Angurius on a golf course are all fun and exciting moments. As an action anime it's very thrilling.

And overall, the entire series is just beautiful to both stare at and listen to. The music is so good, and I think the final few moments of episode 12 when the crew prepares to go into the red dust storm is amazing. So many creepy and vibe-oriented moments. While I'd love answers to the Godzilla skeleton+Red Dust and many other things, the series doesn't feel incomplete when we view it as Mei, JJ's, and Yun's story. Their endings are happy ones, each complete.

I need to rewatch it, but I have so many memories of the series that stick out to me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LittleArkansaw
Young Farmer

Post by LittleArkansaw »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:39 pm Something that has been on my mind is that it feels like people, myself included, are too preoccupied with hoping for a season 2, rather than discuss the actual series.
The show is been out for over 3 years, we already discussed what needed to be discussed, now we are just hoping for a 2nd season and that Toho doesn't just forget about it
Last edited by LittleArkansaw on Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LittleArkansaw wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:06 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:39 pm Something that has been on my mind is that it feels like people, myself included, are too preoccupied with hoping for a season 2, rather than discuss the actual series.
The show is been out for over 3 years, we already discussed what needed to be discussed, now we are just hoping for a 2nd season and that Toho doesn't just forget about it
i would like it if someone could translate the novel now that it's actually circulating and easy to obtain now.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I've been discussing and rewatching stuff from the 1950's (even earlier) dozens of times. Each time I've had new observations and thoughts on things. You think that's gonna stop me with SP? :pelops2:

Added in 22 seconds:
GZillaguy199 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:46 pm i would like it if someone could translate the novel now that it's actually circulating and easy to obtain now.
How about you give it a go?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

There's so much to digest with that show, you could talk about it for 3 more years EZ

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 pm
I've been discussing and rewatching stuff from the 1950's (even earlier) dozens of times. Each time I've had new observations and thoughts on things. You think that's gonna stop me with SP? :pelops2:

Added in 22 seconds:
GZillaguy199 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:46 pm i would like it if someone could translate the novel now that it's actually circulating and easy to obtain now.
i don't know Japanese?

i got a copy of it actually as an Epub file but im pretty sure that counts as pirated plus im not sure if i could even link it here anyway.
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleArkansaw
Young Farmer

Post by LittleArkansaw »

Added in 22 seconds:
[/quote]

That would be awesome, believe me that everybody in here would be grateful

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LittleArkansaw wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:33 pm Added in 22 seconds:
That would be awesome, believe me that everybody in here would be grateful
[/quote]

I can't translate it.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I couldn't keep up with this thread and it's 91 pages now so I'm just going to ask - we have any news yet on season two? Any trailers or monster designs released?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LittleArkansaw
Young Farmer

Post by LittleArkansaw »

Vakanai wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:58 pm I couldn't keep up with this thread and it's 91 pages now so I'm just going to ask - we have any news yet on season two? Any trailers or monster designs released?
No, Im starting to lose hope honestly

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Vakanai wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:58 pm I couldn't keep up with this thread and it's 91 pages now so I'm just going to ask - we have any news yet on season two? Any trailers or monster designs released?
Unfortunately not the best thing we got from one of the creators is that there maybe or may not be a season 2 I think he said that last summer.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I am of two minds with how they do stuff like Kumonga, to an extent Rodan, and Manda in this show. On the one hand, they are very different redesigns of the characters. On the other hand, they are unique and tend to look fairly cool, or at least try something that other designs do not. What are your thoughts on the redesigns of the classic kaiju?
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Well that's unfortunate, but thanks for letting me know!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

CyberZilla wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:34 am I am of two minds with how they do stuff like Kumonga, to an extent Rodan, and Manda in this show. On the one hand, they are very different redesigns of the characters. On the other hand, they are unique and tend to look fairly cool, or at least try something that other designs do not. What are your thoughts on the redesigns of the classic kaiju?
Mixed bag. Anguirus, Manda, and Kumonga were genuinely cool, but Rodan is just a boring Azhdarchid pterosaur, JJ looks ugly as sin, Godzilla's first few forms just make me angry that they wasted updates on some Showa Kaiju that badly need another appearance on a discount Shin, and G Ultima is just ridiculous in terms of proportions and barely does anything.
"[GxK] feels like a proof of concept for Legendary to make a film entirely by AI. Monster fights are the one thing it offers and it fucks them mostly too, every other aspect of the film is dogshit and it seems to genuinely mock its audience for watching it."
-Anonymous