The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Gojira21
Futurian

Re: Jurassic park 4

Post by Gojira21 »

Amen, both Jurassic Park and Godzilla where what i pretty much grew up with.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

The only Jurassic Park movie I've seen in the theatres was Jurassic Park 3 and of course, I've enjoyed it a lot. I'm looking forward to see the 4th installment.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I saw both the second and thrid movie in theatres, I still remember when my dad took me to see the second movie on it's first week. I love the Jurassic Park movies since they hold good memories and I don't think the 3rd movie was that awful. I think it was okay but not as awful as most people made it out to be.
Im with you man, i saw those two also in theaters and the second one also during first week.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I actually read Micheal Crichtons 1st novel long before the movie ever came out (I thought he took the idea of cloning Dinosaurs from an episode of the Original GI Joe series), but I digress. The original film is still amazing to me, and while the 2nd and 3rd are mostly Hollywood "fluff", I wouldn't mind seeing another installment if done tastefully and respectfully. The only problem is that many Paleontologists ideas about Dinosaurs have changed over the past few decades (I dont use the term "facts" because I dont believe you can ever really know anything about a long extinct species). As long as T-Rex dosen't look like a 40 foot chicken on screen, then I say go for it.

Otherwise, if the fans want a more "fantasy" style Dino Movie, I say someone develop Cadillacs & Dinosaurs into a movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenozoic_Tales
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Two things

1. We already have a JP4 topic somewhere

2. Johnston has been saying the same thing for YEARS now.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

Jurassic Park 3 was not good and Mark Protosevich is an awful writer. I'm happy for the return of Jurassic Park, but not so much for the people involved. :(

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Ya know what? It's gotten to the point that I don't really care if this movie is finally made or not.

Too many times we've heard "JP4 coming soon!" and then it vanished. So, even if it happens, I'll be missing it.
Proud father, husband, and son.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Quote from Joe Johnston:

- The director said simply, “We are in discussions about ‘Jurassic Park 4.’ The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction — a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we’ve seen.” Johnston continued by saying that, “It starts with the history of the first trilogy, but it spins it off in a completely different direction.
HAY GUYZ...

I think JP4 will go in a different direction!

Johnston hinted at it, anyway...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Wait a second... didn't the poor guy apologise for the mess that was JP 3? I'm certain he's learned from his mistakes and will take JP 4 in a more... fitting direction.

But anyways, I can't wait to see this. It sounds promising...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

He won't fuck up. The problem with JP3 is they threw out the script three weeks before filming. I think the end result and the way he's owned up is a good indicator it won't suck.

Nice to see finally some other people are realizing Johnston's said this shit a million times and I'm not the only one noticing :/ But I'll note this is the first time in years SPIELBERG has expressed interest or participated in discussion. So I'm giving it one more chance.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I think JP4 will go in a different direction!

Johnston hinted at it, anyway...[/quote]

So what will happen Dinosaurs would Roam freely in the cities or Dino Mutations...
DEJA-VU... :?
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

I'm somewhat mixed about hearing. If Spielberg is going to direct this, then I may yet hold out some hope. If they are going with the whole rumored 'dinosaurs with guns' concept (which I do think it's awesome) would probably be best kept out of Jurassic Park. That seems a bit too out there, which is saying a lot considering we're talking about a series that clones dinosaurs.

Plus what about that movie Dinosaurs vs. Aliens? Save the gun-wielding-dino-action for that movie. At least it doesn't have certain expectations to live up to.
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Now that you mention it Dinos Vs. Aliens, what happen to that?
is in Production? are they gathering Ideas? Or What?
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I would much rather a Turok live action movie over a JP 4.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Thing's i would want to see in ''Jurassic park 4'' an wouldn't

#1. T-Rex back in the Logo

#2. Diloposaurus from the first film back

#3. No kids, i repeat no more kids in Jurassic park films.

#4. T-Rex to kill Spino an be the main predator again as it should be

#5. Dinosaur's need to be off the Island, Either in the City.. Africa, something but either Island already

#6. Steven Spielberg to direct, (While doubtful) i just don't trust Joe Johnston after the awful JP3

#7. don't just call it ''Jurassic park 4'' it's boring an shows lack of effort.. At-least use the title ''Jurassic park: Dark Continent'' which i think is cool.

#8. More character's like ''Roland'' from The Lost World an less character's like ''The Kirbys'' from Jurassic park 3

#9. T-Rex vs Triceratop's a long over-due battle in the Jurassic park Universe.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Thing's i would want to see in ''Jurassic park 4'' an wouldn't

#1. T-Rex back in the Logo

#2. Diloposaurus from the first film back

#3. No kids, i repeat no more kids in Jurassic park films.

#4. T-Rex to kill Spino an be the main predator again as it should be

#5. Dinosaur's need to be off the Island, Either in the City.. Africa, something but either Island already

#6. Steven Spielberg to direct, (While doubtful) i just don't trust Joe Johnston after the awful JP3

#7. don't just call it ''Jurassic park 4'' it's boring an shows lack of effort.. At-least use the title ''Jurassic park: Dark Continent'' which i think is cool.

#8. More character's like ''Roland'' from The Lost World an less character's like ''The Kirbys'' from Jurassic park 3

#9. T-Rex vs Triceratop's a long over-due battle in the Jurassic park Universe.

I agree completely with all of this :huge:

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I would like a new main predator. T-rex is getting boring to be honest. And honestly, I didn't think JP3 was terrible. Not good, but not bad either.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I also liked JP3, but Come on rex... the T-rex is to JP what Godzilla is to Toho...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Post by Crocodile »

zilla103192 wrote:I also liked JP3, but Come on rex... the T-rex is to JP what Godzilla is to Toho...
So Spinosaurus is Mothra?
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:
Monster Master wrote:They NEED to have a Rex kill that damn Spinosaurus.
This 1000 times Over. I want a punch to the nuts of those damn Spinosaurus fanboys. The scene in JP3 where the T. Rex and the Spino were fighting? Yeah, T. Rex would've won that. T. Rex got Spino's head in his mouth, had anything got right in that scene, the Tyrannosaurus would have bitten down and crushed the stupid thing's skull.
In all fairness to the Spinosaurus, atleast it wasn't a Baryonyx that killed the T-rex (Which was what was originally intended in the first place.) That would have resulted in even more ticked off paleontologists. They changed it from Bary to Spino due to the size diffrence, and, at the time, they hadn't realized that Spino mainly ate fish. It was only afterward that they realized their mistake... but everything about the fight scene you've said is true.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!