Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

Post by Dynomy-DX »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:29 pm
Dynomy-DX wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm Um. I’m free to eat my words, but I don’t think either Godzilla nor Kong would have died regardless of outcome? In the case they make anything afterwards, is it really wise to kill off the two leads of this universe?
Even if that's the case, they don't have to copy superheroes and still have a winner ending without death, these aren't human characters the audience relates too but obviously the sensitive audience is gonna want that.
The movie isn’t even out yet. Feels kind of hard to critique a movie based on what you’re assuming rather than what’s actually out. Once again, blaming the audience won’t help make the movie any better in this case.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:33 pm Tis a shame we'll probably continue to keep getting stuff in movies that we've seen before rather than ones we normally don't see. Because that's all that the audience really wants despite having seen it already happen multiple times. God forbid more rarity.
Jesus, I thought I was fucking negative.

The movie's not even out yet dude. We don't even have a TEASER. Good lord. Kong could shoot laser beams from his eyes and melt Godzilla into a puddle for all you bloody know. Good LORD.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Don't you just hate it when people like things you don't like? Damn, that's annoying! Everyone should like the same things as me!

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Moogabunga wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:58 pm I do unfortunately believe this is the end of the Monsterverse :(
Good

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 pm Don't you just hate it when people like things you don't like? Damn, that's annoying! Everyone should like the same things as me!
As you should know, my opinions are objective facts

Also ironically we have a thread right here on TK which is exactly that statement but unironically lmao
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Yeah sorry guys but we're not getting another theatrical monsterverse release until they take cues from the Heisei Gamera Trilogy, the best set of kaiju movies ever made.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Smuggers wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:56 pm Yeah sorry guys but we're not getting another theatrical monsterverse release until they take cues from the Heisei Gamera Trilogy, the best set of kaiju movies ever made.

Personally speaking, any hype for GvK has long died by now. Movie could never come out and I don't think I would mourn it that much. Singular Point is much more interesting to me as of now
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’ve long since given up hope of these films echoing what the Gamera trilogy did.

But I also think holding up all future releases in the genre to that standard is folly. You can still have good Kaiju movies that don’t scratch the surface of the Gamera trilogy.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Moogabunga wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 pm Image
Is that really how you feel? If so, don't fret because I feel the same about GMK.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I am still happy the Monsterverse happened, even if just for G2014. I hope KVG gets a theatrical release.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Alright, ignore this post, the bot and his shady links that were once above this post have been deleted.
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Moogabunga wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 pm Image

Well that’s a hot take. One that you pretty much solely have.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

The Heisei Gamera trilogy not being great is something I just can't get behind
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:55 am The Heisei Gamera trilogy not being great is something I just can't get behind
Care to explain why?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

????

Are you trolling? Why should anyone have to explain why they can’t get behind someone stating that arguably the best films in the genre after the original 54 film are “bad” films or overhyped.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:45 pm ????

Are you trolling? Why should anyone have to explain why they can’t get behind someone stating that arguably the best films in the genre after the original 54 film are “bad” films or overhyped.
I think the double negative is just confusing him.

To be honest it's confusing me too. I'm not entirely sure if Godzilla21 is saying he likes or dislikes the Heisei trilogy.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Gotcha. I get that. My bad.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:59 pm
king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:45 pm ????

I think the double negative is just confusing him.

To be honest it's confusing me too. I'm not entirely sure if Godzilla21 is saying he likes or dislikes the Heisei trilogy.
He's saying he can't get behind someone saying they're not great films. But KG's post was still justified cause LegendZilla does this all the time.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Man, you're damn right the Gamera trilogy would make this meter go off the charts :D