Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by SpaceG92 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 am
DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:34 am Speaking of Gammy 95 anyone know where I can get that vinyl for under $30?
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann47615

Dunno what shipping charges are like these days though. You used to be able to get a vinyl or three shipped for maybe $7 or $8 with the trackable version of SAL. But I know COVID wreaked havoc on international shipping options so that may not be the case right now.
EMS Master Race!

SAL I heard was dead...but there was a posting a few days ago that they finally opened up Air Small Packet for the USA recently. Dunno if it can qualify but its an option that doesn't light your wallet on fire..

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550014/

There’s a new repaint of millennium goji that has blue spines! Pretty cool!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:40 pm https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550014/

There’s a new repaint of millennium goji that has blue spines! Pretty cool!
Damn he looks good with those colors. I have the original slightly larger release of that sculpt. Such a great figure. If I'm not mistaken this version is the same as the 2016 repaint, which in itself was a repaint of the downsized Memorial Box figure? I'm curious to know the actual size difference.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Check the last page my dudes! :P Would love to get it myself but $30 before shipping is just a little tough to swallow to me for a weird repaint, as undeniably neat as it is.

Here's something that I don't believe has been posted yet - "Godzilla Awaji Island Landing ver", which is of course a mini replica of the new theme park ride. It's going to be the closest most of us here will ever get to experiencing the real deal. :lol: :lol:

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550016/

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Is that slide replica made by BANDAI, too? It's nowhere stated on the store site.
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:54 pm ^ Check the last page my dudes! :P Would love to get it myself but $30 before shipping is just a little tough to swallow to me for a weird repaint, as undeniably neat as it is.

Here's something that I don't believe has been posted yet - "Godzilla Awaji Island Landing ver", which is of course a mini replica of the new theme park ride. It's going to be the closest most of us here will ever get to experiencing the real deal. :lol: :lol:

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550016/
Looks like it should be playing Hungry Hungry Hippos, lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I dig that! It reminds me of the supercharged Godzilla from trendmasters

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

HLJ has MMS Jet Jaguar up for release in June! No pic yet so i don't know if it's from the new Anime or just Showa JJ. Good news either way! :D

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Again a single Jet Jaguar and still NO Megalon to pair it with...?! The same sh*t like in 2007 all over again, when the original MMS JJ was released and the MMS standard retail releases ENDED after it, until G 2014 revived the line. Why wouldn't they just put a few resources into a Megalon sculpt...
Size DOES matter!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MechaSkeleturtle666 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:44 am HLJ has MMS Jet Jaguar up for release in June! No pic yet so i don't know if it's from the new Anime or just Showa JJ. Good news either way! :D
Now I'm really excited. I've been after the 2007 version forever but tge asking prices are kinda ridiculous.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Good.

Also, Im considering getting those medical jet jaguar and firefighter jet jaguar figures. Is 140 a fair price?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:38 pm Good.

Also, Im considering getting those medical jet jaguar and firefighter jet jaguar figures. Is 140 a fair price?
Where're you getting them from?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:18 pm

Amazon Japan. I'm just asking because I have no clue what is fair with these figures. I haven't recently been to any toy shops (understandably) so who knows.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Amazon Japan. I'm just asking because I have no clue what is fair with these figures. I haven't recently been to any toy shops (understandably) so who knows.
I would hold off just for a little bit. $140 wouldn't sit right with me, so I'll do a little digging and let you know if I find anything better.

Edit: On second thought go ahead and get them. From what little listings there are the $140 range is what one of them usually goes for (you're paying that price but for both of them together right?). I was thinking of the listings on Mandarake for 5000 yen each, but they're still out of stock and have been for a while.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:47 pm

I would hold off just for a little bit. $140 wouldn't sit right with me, so I'll do a little digging and let you know if I find anything better.

Edit: On second thought go ahead and get them. From what little listings there are the $140 range is what one of them usually goes for (you're paying that price but for both of them together right?). I was thinking of the listings on Mandarake for 5000 yen each, but they're still out of stock and have been for a while.
$140 a piece? Or both? I would totally have to get them for $140 for both. I unfortunately never picked them up sadly.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

OGMechaMothra wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:19 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:47 pm

$140 a piece? Or both? I would totally have to get them for $140 for both. I unfortunately never picked them up sadly.
I think LSD found them both for $140, while the usual going rate is that price for just one of them. If that's the case LSD, go ahead and get them.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What if the Jet Jaguar is for Singular Point?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 pm What if the Jet Jaguar is for Singular Point?
I'd like it but I doubt that'd happen, if they were gonna put out a line for this series, there's no doubt they'd do Godzilla first, right? Not a relatively minor foe.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^Well, who knows? Maybe, Godzilla's coming in April but they haven't announced him yet.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

"A variety of new Bandai Movie Monster Series figures have been discovered thanks to new online listings. The figures include Shin Ultraman, Kong (2021), Gyaos (1995), Legion, Godziban Minilla, Godziban Little, and Godziban Godzilla-kun and will all be released in March/February." - Kajiu News Outlet