Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Shenanigans »

I don't know why they're under the "Godzilla vs. Kong" label, but they are vinyls from Godziban from the looks of it. Show seems fairly popular so I guess it makes sense?

I don't know what "Godzilla Chaos" is though; if I were to hazard a guess, I would say some Burning Godzilla repaint, like those old all-orange "Meltdown Godzilla" figures Bandai used to make.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Shenanigans wrote:I don't know why they're under the "Godzilla vs. Kong" label, but they are vinyls from Godziban from the looks of it. Show seems fairly popular so I guess it makes sense?

I don't know what "Godzilla Chaos" is though; if I were to hazard a guess, I would say some Burning Godzilla repaint, like those old all-orange "Meltdown Godzilla" figures Bandai used to make.
Aw sweet a new meltdown Godzilla? I've always wanted to get that Toy's Dream Project one, but maybe I won't have to.

Also... Godziban vinyls?

oh

oh no

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shenanigans wrote:I don't know why they're under the "Godzilla vs. Kong" label, but they are vinyls from Godziban from the looks of it. Show seems fairly popular so I guess it makes sense?

It looks like the full name for these things is "Godzilla vs. Kong Movie Monster Series Godzilla", so it's naming Minilla, Little (Godzilla), Gojirakun, and... Chaos 1995. The only "Chaos" monster I'm aware of is the cut monster from 1995, which was intended to fight Godzilla, Little Godzilla, and Ghost Godzilla, but it doesn't even have concept art. Strange.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
I'm still hoping baby Godzilla/Minilla is in GVK. >:[
but yeah, this is interesting!

Excited/nervous to see the Godzibans and REALLY want to know what Chaos is.
Spoiler:
wouldn't it be nuts if the main villian of GVK was some monster Monarch made called Chaos 1995 and this is how we found out lol

RIP Evan.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Some new preorders from BBTS got listed. What... are these? I'm guessing they're part of the standard line and not the actual line for GvK? Just in case though I spoiler tagged them.
Woah, those are super..weird........ I can't wait to find out what's up with those.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Am I the only who actually looks forward to vinyls of the Gojiban kaiju. I'd totally snap those little guys up.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Am I the only who actually looks forward to vinyls of the Gojiban kaiju. I'd totally snap those little guys up.
I'm going to purchase them, crush them into powder, and then snort them.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

First saw this on Ebay - "Millennium Godzila Atomic Heat Beam ver." Not sure if there's any other reissues/repaints coming out.

Am I mistaken or are his fins blue? Which is certainly an... interesting choice for Godzilla 2000. And they already made an accurate "Atomic ray" 6" Godzilla 2000 in that Megaguirus set.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Do you guys know where to get the older Bandai Ultraman kaiju figures? The ones that have four points of articulation rather than two?

Speaking of Ultraman figures, there's a lot coming.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:26 pm Do you guys know where to get the older Bandai Ultraman kaiju figures? The ones that have four points of articulation rather than two?
Mandarake is your best friend. I've gotten so many tagged older ultra kaiju vinyls from them for dirt cheap, excluding shipping. Their selection for the old and new Ultra Kaiju and Ultra Hero lines is ridiculous.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 pm First saw this on Ebay - "Millennium Godzila Atomic Heat Beam ver." Not sure if there's any other reissues/repaints coming out.

Am I mistaken or are his fins blue? Which is certainly an... interesting choice for Godzilla 2000. And they already made an accurate "Atomic ray" 6" Godzilla 2000 in that Megaguirus set.
This is seemingly another Godzilla Store exclusive being sold at the opening event of the new Osaka Store in a few days, as far as I understand.

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:26 pm Speaking of Ultraman figures, there's a lot coming.
I can't find any legitimate source for these upcoming Ultraman BANDAI figures. Can you provide an official source?
And Shin Ultraman is gonna be part of the Movie Monster Series (which always was a pure Godzilla (& Gamera) domain)...?! :|
Last edited by Petezilla on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Size DOES matter!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Petezilla wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 am
And Shin Ultraman is gonna be part of the Movie Monster Series (which always was a pure Godzilla (& Gamera) domain)...?! :|
It is produced by Toho so there is a possibility.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Sign me up if true, at least assuming it's in the MMS or comparably priced. Also, I'm glad you brought it up, because it reminded me that the recent Gamera vinyl exists. I completely forgot, haven't thought about the thing in months. Gonna have to grab one soon, especially if we're about to get a Legion to go with it. Well, sort of, it's a different movie, but close enough...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:18 pm ^ Sign me up if true, at least assuming it's in the MMS or comparably priced. Also, I'm glad you brought it up, because it reminded me that the recent Gamera vinyl exists. I completely forgot, haven't thought about the thing in months. Gonna have to grab one soon, especially if we're about to get a Legion to go with it. Well, sort of, it's a different movie, but close enough...
Wait we're getting a Legion?!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Heard it on Facebook, haven't heard any details myself and was wondering if anyone could confirm. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Petezilla wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 am This is seemingly another Godzilla Store exclusive being sold at the opening event of the new Osaka Store in a few days, as far as I understand.
Dang, I was kind of interested in it. I somehow missed the price there anyway and it already retails for more than I'd be willing to pay. Oh well.

And I looked around for news on a Legion but didn't see anything. I think the Gamera 1995 was just a one-off, 25th anniversary figure. It's a shame because it genuinely looks far and away like the best vinyl figure Bandai's put out in over a decade. But I suppose it's possible that they'll do another 25th anniversary figure for Gamera 2, or just more in general if that Gamera '95 sold well.

I still want a Zedus. :mad:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Speaking of Gammy 95 anyone know where I can get that vinyl for under $30?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:34 am Speaking of Gammy 95 anyone know where I can get that vinyl for under $30?
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann47615

Dunno what shipping charges are like these days though. You used to be able to get a vinyl or three shipped for maybe $7 or $8 with the trackable version of SAL. But I know COVID wreaked havoc on international shipping options so that may not be the case right now.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:34 am Speaking of Gammy 95 anyone know where I can get that vinyl for under $30?
It's available for $25.95 on Amazon.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio