The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

To think that someone actually believes this is a fair size difference...

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:To think that someone actually believes this is a fair size difference...
I think I know why the film is under 2 hours now...
For Emperor and Empire!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:To think that someone actually believes this is a fair size difference...
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Reminds me of a picture someone did comparing G54 and Kong 33.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

You know every time I stick my head in the RP threads I die a little inside

It's stuff like this that has made me come to dread the word "multiverse"
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

G2000 wrote:You know every time I stick my head in the RP threads I die a little inside

It's stuff like this that has made me come to dread the word "multiverse"
That's not Godzilla-related but anyways, please do go on.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: That's not Godzilla-related but anyways, please do go on.
It's not Godzilla related technically but it's on a Godzilla forum, and someone's roleplaying as Godzilla in it. Think that counts.

I honestly was kinda hesitant to enter Battle of the Multiverse at first and i honest to god am still struggling to make any sense because how long it's gone on for and how many characters are in it. I'm really just doing it to past time till a new RPG gets made that's more my liking.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigantis wrote:
It's not Godzilla related technically but it's on a Godzilla forum, and someone's roleplaying as Godzilla in it. Think that counts.

I honestly was kinda hesitant to enter Battle of the Multiverse at first and i honest to god am still struggling to make any sense because how long it's gone on for and how many characters are in it. I'm really just doing it to past time till a new RPG gets made that's more my liking.
Yeah, I don't get the appeal of BOTM. I was really hoping for a story-based one like The Gorilla Whale, but given how BOTM has exploded with daily activity, it's unlikely we'll see an interesting one for a while.
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gigantis wrote:

I'm big into RPGs (although I don't participate in the TK ones), but I understand that feeling of being completely overwhelmed.

I'm used to entire forum-dedicated RPGs, where individual plotlines or scenes have their own organized threads. Doing everything on one thread... I'd quickly get lost.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I'm used to entire forum-dedicated RPGs, where individual plotlines or scenes have their own organized threads. Doing everything on one thread... I'd quickly get lost.
Ugh, exactly how i feel. X_X

I try to read some plot events that are important before trying to think of a post (and i've made little to none) and there's still just so much going on. We got characters fighting here, characters searching for stuff there, characters talking everywhere... i need an RPG that's not trying to have ten thousand things going on at once!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Breakdown wrote:Yeah, I don't get the appeal of BOTM. I was really hoping for a story-based one like The Gorilla Whale
BotM is story-based.
Breakdown wrote:but given how BOTM has exploded with daily activity, it's unlikely we'll see an interesting one for a while.
Gigantis wrote:I'm really just doing it to past time till a new RPG gets made that's more my liking.
What's stopping either of you from just making your own games?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Beast Blood wrote: What's stopping either of you from just making your own games?
I tried! Twice! And they both died within a month!

Added in 2 minutes 21 seconds:
Wow. That is crap.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Beast Blood wrote:
Breakdown wrote:Yeah, I don't get the appeal of BOTM. I was really hoping for a story-based one like The Gorilla Whale
BotM is story-based.
Breakdown wrote:but given how BOTM has exploded with daily activity, it's unlikely we'll see an interesting one for a while.
Gigantis wrote:I'm really just doing it to past time till a new RPG gets made that's more my liking.
What's stopping either of you from just making your own games?
I meant something kaiju related. For a while I considered hopping in as Skynet from Terminator but I think it would be a nightmare to get caught up on what's going on.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Yeah, BoTM looks like a nightmare to get caught up on. I considered getting into it, but I decided not to.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That's been my problem with BOTM, too: there's a lot to read and keep track of, and it seems to move pretty quickly. I made one half-hearted attempt to join the first game, but quickly got overwhelmed and had to bow out. It's just not well suited to my writing abilities, either; I can write kaiju fairly competently, but human/equivalent characters not so much. I'm not really a people person.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I'm better at and happier writing monsters also. I don't do humans. I brought a big floof to write for. I can interact with the peoples while still writing for a monster. lol

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I like this image for the most part, but why does Komodithrax have breast?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I could see that actually being a fun flashback fight between Godzilla or another member of his species fighting Kong's parents. I'm seriously, I can picture them climbing all over him
Gigantis wrote:I like this image for the most part, but why does Komodithrax have breast?
Daikaiju sized waifus don't exis-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEy5rO4rRwE

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I usually don't complain about bad CGI but there was nothing with her movements that required it. It doesn't even look like they cel-shaded it, either