Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Gojira1604 »

I had a thought that if they want to bring back Thanos in a way they should introduce a cinematic version of his son Thane from the comics. Maybe make the kid slightly beefier and taller and heck even obsessed with death like 616 Thanos? Maybe as a recuring side villian since I'm thinking Dr.Doom is going to be the big threat once phase frikin 6 concludes. If they do something like the new Secret Wars story for Doom, then how can we not have the nigh omnipotent doctor pull out a purple titan's spine? :lol:
On the topic of replacements for old characters, how should they bring new versions of now gone heroes like Iron Man or Black Widow(Multiverse maybe?) ? Someone once said they're too big-a cash cows for Disney & Marvel to seriously relent forever. Think that's true? Feel free to answer just one of those questions ha.
RIP Chadwick Boseman he really embodied the role of Black Panther more than I even realized and was evidently a great person. I can't imagine anything close to a perfect replacement for his character in the MCU not even Shuri if I'll be frank.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Steve Rogers will be back, no question about that. I don't think they'll get main starring roles again in this version of the MCU, but they'll certainly make cameos or supporting roles at appropriately dramatic times. That's obviously one of the reasons time travel and alternate universes are being played with now, so deaths don't have to be permanent. The same actors can still be used, maybe with a little CGI de-aging if necessary, as time goes on. Alternatively, new actors can be brought in and we just say they're doppelgangers from AUs.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gojira1604 wrote:heck even obsessed with death like 616 Thanos?
Dude that won't happen. There's a reason they changed Thanos' goal. It'd be too tacky, laughable, and wouldn't sit well with the general audience.

The only way for this to work is him craves death but by causing as much destruction and deaths as possible throughout the universe.
JAGzilla wrote:Oh, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Steve Rogers will be back, no question about that. I don't think they'll get main starring roles again in this version of the MCU, but they'll certainly make cameos or supporting roles at appropriately dramatic times. That's obviously one of the reasons time travel and alternate universes are being played with now, so deaths don't have to be permanent. The same actors can still be used, maybe with a little CGI de-aging if necessary, as time goes on. Alternatively, new actors can be brought in and we just say they're doppelgangers from AUs.
Doesn't Robert Dowey Jr. require a lot of money to keep using? At least that's what I heard?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Doesn't Robert Dowey Jr. require a lot of money to keep using? At least that's what I heard?
He puts butts in seats, though, so they'll make a lot of money by using him. IIRC, though, he wanted out of the MCU years ago, so I doubt we'll see him again outside of an inevitable cameo or small role here and there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

JAGzilla wrote:He puts butts in seats, though, so they'll make a lot of money by using him.
Except for Dolittle it seems. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kang the Conqueror is coming to Ant Man 3, that sounds like the new Big bad potentially.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote:Kang the Conqueror is coming to Ant Man 3, that sounds like the new Big bad potentially.
Where did you hear that?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Kang the Conqueror is coming to Ant Man 3, that sounds like the new Big bad potentially.
My prediction.

Kang came to undo everything the Avengers and Guardians did due to their actions leading to an even worst future and how the past should never be changed as it could lead to consequences.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:
Where did you hear that?
From The Hollywood reporter and every where else.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Sounds like he's the main villain of the film according to reports.

Kinda strange that they would waste a prominent villain on Ant Man 3 of all films even if he does fit in with the Quantum Realm. I assume he will be a recurring villain?
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Things go on a Vertigo-esque trip in this trailer for WandaVison

Also news dropped last Thursday that Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk has been cast in the form of ORPHAN BLACK actress Tatiana Maslany.
https://uinterview.com/news/tatiana-mas ... us-series/
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Oscar Isaac is Moon Knight. (per Deadline)
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

One of my favorite strength training couches I watch sometimes brings up some good points why Winter Soldier is arguably the best super hero film of all time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SIHiuue00
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rumor Time

Chris Pratt is apparently confirmed as Star Lord in Thor 4 and Jon Barenthal feels good at the prospect of a season 3 of Punisher.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Wait Chris Pratt being starlord is a rumor???? Did I miss something???
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Him being in Thor 4 is. I mean it was kinda expected seeing how Endgame ended but it was never concrete.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah this is for the best. There's only one Chadwick Boseman.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... -mcu-shuri
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Didn't really expect to get even mildly excited for future MCU films but Alfred Molina reprising his role as Doc Ock is a happy surprise

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/alfr ... 234848677/
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

G2000 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:47 am Didn't really expect to get even mildly excited for future MCU films but Alfred Molina reprising his role as Doc Ock is a happy surprise

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/alfr ... 234848677/
As someone entirely burnt out by MCU films. This is one of the few I'll be seeing. Helps that I grew up with Spider-Man but then again who didn't?

This is starting to sound like a live-action Into the Spider-Verse.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Breaking news: Charlie Cox's DareDevil/Matt Murdock officially joining Spider-Man 3

I told you it made too much damn sense with the FFH ending (Aunt May is obviously gonna get the best lawyer money can buy to clear Peter's name and who better than Matt-fucking-Murdock?) and the "convenient" production timing due to Covid (it was set to begin shooting right around the time Marvel officially got their Netflix characters back) for it not to happen, plus Marvel have been indirectly teasing it. Looks like I was right to believe that they wouldn't just put that there for show.

Yes, it's gonna be a lighter-hearted role than we were used to seeing (it's Spider-Man, after all), but it'll be worth it just for the chance of getting that much-wanted Spidey-DareDevil cinematic crossover and seeing Charlie Cox as The Man Without Fear and as Matt Murdock (at least) one more time.

Plus they already confirmed on the DareDevil show that it's part of the MCU, they were just "coy" about it by not having the movies reference the Netflix shows:

This'll allow everything to come full circle, and I mean that literally with the news of Maguire, Garfield and Co. coming back.
Last edited by KManX89 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"