Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

2004Zilla wrote:Pyroraptor? Is this an expanded universe thing I just don't know about?
It's featured in some of the Ludia games but not prominent enough for a whole collection figure
Spoiler:
Which is why I expect it to be a Dominon newcomer

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A new company called Mesozoica is doing a line of retro dinosaur figures including a line inspired by the Crystal Palace sculptures.

https://www.instagram.com/mesozoica_store/
I might get the t rex depending on size
your source of self destruction

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

G1985 wrote:I just watched video reviews of the NANMU and REBOR Tyrannosaurus rex versions. Both offer male and female JP/JW paintschemes. Throw in the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurus rex that will be offered in the same basic scale (1/32-1/35), and I can't decide which one to buy first. They're all incredible:

I have the REBOR Killer Queen in Jungle (Lost World) color, and I also have both colors of REBOR's Vanilla Ice V.rex, and I have Nanmu's I.rex. I'm pre-ordered for Nanmu's T.rex, both colors.

Going by the REBOR rex I have and the reviews of the Nanmu that I've seen, and the fact that we won't see the BoTM rex for another year or two, right now I would buy the Green Nanmu rex first, if I was only buying one. The Nanmu rex looks to be the best JP/JW rex currently on the market for less than $100, and the Green paint seems to be just a little bit more dynamic than the Brown. That said, the Brown looks pretty sweet.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

ApexOversteer wrote:I have the REBOR Killer Queen in Jungle (Lost World) color, and I also have both colors of REBOR's Vanilla Ice V.rex, and I have Nanmu's I.rex. I'm pre-ordered for Nanmu's T.rex, both colors.

Going by the REBOR rex I have and the reviews of the Nanmu that I've seen, and the fact that we won't see the BoTM rex for another year or two, right now I would buy the Green Nanmu rex first, if I was only buying one. The Nanmu rex looks to be the best JP/JW rex currently on the market for less than $100, and the Green paint seems to be just a little bit more dynamic than the Brown. That said, the Brown looks pretty sweet.
Comparing photos of the REBOR and the NANMU, I have to agree that the NANMU has a slight edge IMO due to the pose. The REBOR is slightly stockier, and stands in a crouched pose with the head angled downward. The NANMU stand taller in a semi-walking pose and looks straight forward. Either one is excellent overall; it really comes down to the proportions and the pose for me.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It appears Rebor will begin doing a series of dinosaurs based on Charles R Knight's paintings. A T.rex has already been teased.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

Post by DoctorWarpdrive »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It appears Rebor will begin doing a series of dinosaurs based on Charles R Knight's paintings. A T.rex has already been teased.
Awesome! I love classic-style dinosaurs, particularly Knight's T. rex.

Now if they'll just announce when that Carnotaurus Rex is coming out...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Interesting. I've been on a retrosaur kick lately, but I'll still probably have to pass on these. Cool that they're being made, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Dude I am a sucker for some Charles Knight. I dont have any Rebor, but maybe I'll need to hop on these
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I still want someone to make a goddamn Purussaurus

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Sucks Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus got cancelled by Rebor. Also I see Wave 2 of the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopsian line drops just in time for income tax season. I'm only getting Styracosaurus and Chasmosaurus from Wave 1 but I hope to grab a majority of the figures from Wave 2. Especially love that Pachyrhinosaurus.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Alas I am not made of money(or rather figure collecting has yet to fully consume me), so I'll only get the Psittacosaurus from Wave 1 for the acccurate-to-life-far-as-we-can-tell coloration, and then maybe consider one of the smaller ones if the reviews and such convince me I need another.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Sucks Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus got cancelled by Rebor. Also I see Wave 2 of the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopsian line drops just in time for income tax season. I'm only getting Styracosaurus and Chasmosaurus from Wave 1 but I hope to grab a majority of the figures from Wave 2. Especially love that Pachyrhinosaurus.

The crocs may not be dead at REBOR...

They're going to be putting out a series of skulls, and Deino and Sarco are in wave 2, with proceeds from the sale of the two skulls going directly toward developing the Deino and Sarco full figure sculpts to be presented in soft vinyl as part of the GNG line...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Nanmu Allosaurus finally arrived...

Added in 1 minute 17 seconds:
Nanmu Spinosaurus has arrived as well...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

- REBOR 'Killer Queen' Tyrannosaurus rex & Papo Styracosaurus -

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Hey, anyone actually ordered the BOTM Raptors from the official site as opposed to BigBadToyStore? I see the shipping is considerably less on BBTS so I'm probably gonna order from there, but I'm wondering if anyone has any horror stories or the like about either site before I pull the trigger.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

When is the BotM ceratopsian line dropping? I'm hearing both September and October.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

October is Kickstarter backer fulfillment. Was planned for September but, y'know. Earth.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

Nathus214 wrote:October is Kickstarter backer fulfillment. Was planned for September but, y'know. Earth.
Is it said when Backerkit fulfillment for the Ceratopsian series would be? Also how many you folks will be ordering or have placed preorders? Im eyeing the Styracosaurus, Zuniceratops, Protoceratops and Triceratops.
Last edited by Sachiel on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.