Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Petezilla wrote:Seriously, that G-Store limited "Heavy Paint Ver." 2019 Ghidorah is one of the worst cash-grabs I'VE ever seen from BANDAI. I got mine about two weeks ago and it's almost identic to the standard release. Except of that the frontside has slightly deeper highlights painted on, but it's only slightly different. However, the complete backside of the figure is STILL 100% UNPAINTED, just like the cheap recent BANDAI Ultraman vinyls. That's just so bad considering the price. Unless you're a real completist, just leave that needless thing alone. It's NOT worth the bucks.
Good to know^^^

Could you provide pictures?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Shoopwoop17 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If you can get your hands on it, the Godzilla Store Shin Godzilla Metal Pink figure is really nice:
I just got mine and it’s an instant ,”centerpiece of the collection” type thing.
It's a cool looking critter, I actually just found a bunch of them at a mini-Godzilla Store in Austin, Texas.
Seriously? I live outside of Austin and I never heard of a mini godzilla store.
It's at Kinokuniya! They were one of the stores that did the Godzilla Store Pop-Ups last year. I went then, but recently visited and was pleasantly surprised to see they were still stocking Godzilla stuff.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

My order on HLJ finally went through! Excellent.
I'm really excited because I'm nearing a complete collection of the Movie Monsters collection (as in the current line, 2016 onwards. I live in the UK so anything pre 2016 is mega hard to come by.) excluding variants and exclusives, both of which I'm just not interested in buying. It's kinda painful that frozen Shin and Shin Ghidorah are both exclusive figures, lol, I wish they were normal releases.

Speaking of that... was the bandai atomic breath Shin Godzilla (with the split jaw) an exclusive figure or a normal release? I wasn't collecting this line until 2018-ish, so I don't know. I can't seem to find answers on google.

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Speaking of that... was the bandai atomic breath Shin Godzilla (with the split jaw) an exclusive figure or a normal release? I wasn't collecting this line until 2018-ish, so I don't know. I can't seem to find answers on google.
There were two exclusive versions. One with purple or pink painted details from Bandai direct I believe and one with Translucent details sold at some other shop.
Last edited by swfreakjpb on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

There are actually 3 variants of this figure. the first was a Premium BANDAI exclusive that came in a black & white colored box & has normal base color with translucent purple fins. Then there was a tagged Godzilla Store/Wonderfest exclusive version with translucent purple base color with black color & highlights painted over. And recently the was another tagged Godzilla Store excluive one that's made of overall translucent pink color. All 3 are exclusives, though.
Size DOES matter!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Do you guys think there'll be any more Movie Monsters soon?

I bet they were going to do a GvK wave but had to put it on the burner for now.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^I'm hoping Gamera at least sells well enough to warrant a Super Gyaos.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Rody wrote:^I'm hoping Gamera at least sells well enough to warrant a Super Gyaos.
I've seen reviews of the old figure and it looks awesome with the rotating wings!
Gamera stuff is super scarce in the UK, you have to rely on buying form other collector's old stuff. But I do have a Hyper Gyaos and love it, so if they reissued that, I'd be happy and able to buy a few more to make a swarm.

Personally, if they make any Gamera monster, I'd love the Mother Legion. Gyaos is wayyyyy more likely, but Legion is basically my fav Gamera monster behind Gyaos!

Does anyone know if Playmates having the Godzilla license would also apply to the Movie Monster series and what they could release? Does it mean no Godzillas from them until the license expires?

Added in 5 days 1 hour 42 minutes 27 seconds:
Awesome! I ordered the Gamera from Amazon last month and it came today.
My first impressions are that it's actually bigger and chunkier than I thought it'd be- It's definitely not in the same general size as the other figures. It's like how the Neca KvG Godzilla dwarves their 2014 and 54 figures.

It's such an awesome figure. The complete opposite of their Destoroyah- bigger than I though it'd be, and a great paintjob.

The only weird thing I've found on it so far is the arm articulation- it's just the way it's sculpted, but if you rotate the arms to the side, the shoulder area becomes a smooth slab jutting out, and the smooth crater where the arm connects to the body becomes very visible.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

That premium bandai Jet Jaguar is amazing. That is a must. Flying and Standing figures.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

OGMechaMothra wrote:That premium bandai Jet Jaguar is amazing. That is a must. Flying and Standing figures.
W h e r e.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:That premium bandai Jet Jaguar is amazing. That is a must. Flying and Standing figures.
W h e r e.
https://twitter.com/spankzilla85/status ... 34688?s=21

Looks neat, but probably too expensive for me.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

¥19800 (about $185 US) for the Jet Jaguar set. It’s cool, but I dunno if it’s $200 cool. I’m pretty happy with the MMS Bandai figure and I have several other things on preorder right now.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

On second thought I'll just stick to hunting down the MMS figure.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

HAHA yeah fuck off with that price. If I'm paying that much, I'll go track down the MMS figure that'll actually fit in with the rest of my collection.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

UltramanGoji wrote:HAHA yeah fuck off with that price. If I'm paying that much, I'll go track down the MMS figure that'll actually fit in with the rest of my collection.
If you find two lemme know ;)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tfw you realize that they probably won't re-release a MMS Jet Jaguar so they can oversell that premium figure. :evil:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Tfw you realize that they probably won't re-release a MMS Jet Jaguar so they can oversell that premium figure. :evil:
But maybe, just maybe, the attention that this premium figure will get will cause a temporary slight lowering of the price/demand for MMS Jaguar. That's when we'll swoop in and purchase that gorgeous vinyl.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

That’s a seriously goofy price. I’m about 90% sure the xplus was cheaper than that. I guess I’ll wait for the monster Arts that will never happen.
He Jock it Made of Steel

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I can't believe SHMA is acting like Blue Meanie GMK and Dirtier Biollante are gonna sell at all compared to this Chad
Spoiler:
Legit might get this? Have to see how fasts pre orders go
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Got fries with that shake jetty?......pass
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!