Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla's been making his rounds around Skull Island since K:SI came out. It makes tons of sense why he'd go there.

It'd be like saying "i wonder why my guard dog wants to go in the backyard where my brand new other guard dog is, it makes no sense"
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Hear me out for a second. Let's assume that both the world serpent thing and ghidorah returning are true, okay?

What if Ghidorah decides he also wants rid of this other big bad and so decides to team up with the other monsters to kick its ass

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Moogabunga wrote:
Legitimately one of the most pointless articles ever written
To say the least. Especially when your article revolves around the opinion of "Hawk4117". :lol:

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Hear me out for a second. Let's assume that both the world serpent thing and ghidorah returning are true, okay?

What if Ghidorah decides he also wants rid of this other big bad and so decides to team up with the other monsters to kick its ass
While I can't for a second consider that as a serious possibility, I'll admit a surprise hero turn like that could easily be one of the most hype moments in Godzilla movie history. I'd jump out of my seat, anyway.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:Hear me out for a second. Let's assume that both the world serpent thing and ghidorah returning are true, okay?

While I can't for a second consider that as a serious possibility, I'll admit a surprise hero turn like that could easily be one of the most hype moments in Godzilla movie history. I'd jump out of my seat, anyway.
Actually, Ghidorah temporarily fighting alongside Godzilla would be pretty interesting. Maybe, the villain almost killed Ghidorah and he realized Godzilla was the only kaiju powerful enough to ally with. Godzilla doesn't trust him and thinks this is an ambush in wait. Eventually, he sees the true destructive power of the villainous kaiju and agrees to assist Ghidorah.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MonarchGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by MonarchGoji »

Hell yeah, it would be great! If im not wrong, one "leak" said that the Titanus Noodle was the reason why Ghidorah came to earth.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:

Kind of like in Dragon Ball Super where Goku and Frieza temporarily team up: at the beginning the idea of these two, arch nemesis who team up, seemed rather stupid... but ended up being one of te greatest and most epic moments in the series. A team up between Godzilla and Ghidorah could also be at the same level of epic of the Goku/Frieza team up if done well
Last edited by Italian G-Fan on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

While I highly doubt that this would happen, there is a lot of potential for this to be really cool!
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
Legitimately one of the most pointless articles ever written
To say the least. Especially when your article revolves around the opinion of "Hawk4117". :lol:
Don’t shoot the messenger. :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd be like Joker and Batman teaming up to take on Bane.

Nothing would be more epic than Godzilla's entire gang mo-capped in one scene side by side, plus Ghidorah and Kong versus one giant noodle

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

_JNavs_ wrote:It'd be like Joker and Batman teaming up to take on Bane.

Nothing would be more epic than Godzilla's entire gang mo-capped in one scene side by side, plus Ghidorah and Kong versus one giant noodle
Come to think of it, Godzilla and Ghidorah are one of the few long recurring pairs of archenemies in fiction that haven’t had even a brief team up of any kind. Batman and Joker have, Superman and Lex have, Spidey and Doc Ock, F4 and Doom, Optimus and Megatron, Goku and Frieza, Naruto and Sasuke, Mario and Bowser, Link and Ganon, Ninja Turtles and Shredder, etc have all teamed up at least once...but never these two.

Godzilla teaming up with Kong might be predictable, but teaming up with Ghidorah sure wouldn’t.

But I doubt any of that is gonna happen here. I highly doubt legendary would spend what was probably a large amount on the rights to use MechaG just to make him an appetizer to the final boss.
Last edited by JesstrK on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JesstrK wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:It'd be like Joker and Batman teaming up to take on Bane.

Come to think of it, Godzilla and Ghidorah are one of the few long recurring pairs of archenemies in fiction that haven’t had even a brief team up of any kind. Batman and Joker have, Superman and Lex have, Spidey and Doc Ock, F4 and Doom, Optimus and Megatron, Goku and Frieza, Naruto and Sasuke, Mario and Bowser, Link and Ganon, Ninja Turtles and Shredder, etc have all teamed up at least once...but never these two.

Godzilla teaming up with Kong might be predictable, but teaming up with Ghidorah sure wouldn’t.

But I doubt any of that is gonna happen here. I highly doubt legendary would spend what was probably a large amount on the rights to use MechaG just to make him an appetizer to the final boss.
Yeah if anything it'd happen in a DAM styled film. Maybe Ghidorah takes over the Mechagodzilla armor by the post credits of GvK. A Mecha King Ghiddy Pre-credits scene and the World Noodle scene during the post credits scene.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla teamed up with Ghidorah in G&G for the idw comics and technically in Monster Zero.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Anyone find it interesting that there is a size chart on the IMDb page for GvK? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034838/me ... rm17204737
And aren't these images verified by IMDb staff? I know anyone can change or add info to IMDb but has to go through steps in verification

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla teamed up with Ghidorah in G&G for the idw comics and technically in Monster Zero.
Personally, I don’t think Monster Zero counts because it was mind control, also they were just destroying cities, not fighting side by side against another threat. I don’t think they even showed up in the same frame together until they started fighting each other again, though I could be wrong.

As for G&G, I could have sworn Ghidorah only showed up (rather misleadingly) on the cover art and very briefly in flashback on a solo rampage, but other than that didn’t appear at any point in the actual story, alongside Godzilla or otherwise.
Last edited by JesstrK on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Nani wrote:Anyone find it interesting that there is a size chart on the IMDb page for GvK? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034838/me ... rm17204737
And aren't these images verified by IMDb staff? I know anyone can change or add info to IMDb but has to go through steps in verification
Well, imdb sometimes has errors as well. That image is too low-grade and scrappy that I doubt it is official. Those silhouettes are from X-plus figures and a KSI still.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

https://mobile.twitter.com/DamianC06351 ... 18950?s=19

The book is once again scheduled for May 21st, 2021
Yooo 8-)

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

JGAR wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/DamianC06351 ... 18950?s=19

The book is once again scheduled for May 21st, 2021
Both 'The Art of' book and the children's book come up November 17

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

CAN
LEGENDARY
JUST
MAKE
UP
THEIR
MINDS!?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 am, edited 8 times in total.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

This movie and New Mutants are basically the same: destined to be delayed forever :lol: