The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Gigantis »

IDK, man. Honestly i don't think it was that bad. Although, i swear some of the scenes where different.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote:When I was in elementary school, I was given homework for math class. The homework was that I had to make up a scenario on random stuff, draw it and make it math-related. In my case, I decided to make it about Godzilla. so I drew Godzilla attacking the city and fighting off the military. It was like this:

"Godzilla had lit 5 buildings on fire, swapped down 3 helicopters and crushed on 4 tanks. In total, Godzilla had destroyed 12 things."

I'm sure that wasn't exactly what I wrote, but it was something similar to that. I don't remember the grade I got from that. Whenever I think about that homework, I mostly laugh because of how stupid it was.
I did dumb stuff like that a couple times too
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

How about that one Godzilla-Hero Music Video that got millions of views?

Also there were lots of Skillet ones like Monster.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:How about that one Godzilla-Hero Music Video that got millions of views?

Also there were lots of Skillet ones like Monster.
I know exactly what you're talking about; There's tons of 'AMVs' in a manner of speaking of these things. Some are good, some are okay, but many are just...eggghhh.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Good god, I remember Linkin Park Godzilla music videos and tributes were everywhere on YouTube back in the day and most of them where utter shit. The songs didn't even fit the characters they were trying to associate them with.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla AMVs were the bees knees during Godzilla's ten year retirement.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote:Godzilla AMVs were the bees knees during Godzilla's ten year retirement.
Couldn’t have put it better.
For Emperor and Empire!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Breakdown wrote:Good god, I remember Linkin Park Godzilla music videos and tributes were everywhere on YouTube back in the day and most of them where utter shit. The songs didn't even fit the characters they were trying to associate them with.
I too am guilty of making a LP Godzilla video (thankfully lost to time—this was pre-YouTube) but at least I tried to juxtapose the lyrics with the visuals. It was “With You”, with clips from Godzilla vs Destoroyah, to symbolize Godzilla’s loss of Jr.

But in my defense Hybrid Theory was new and I was a preteen and I did it for a web contest. Still cringe though.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Terasawa wrote:
Breakdown wrote:Good god, I remember Linkin Park Godzilla music videos and tributes were everywhere on YouTube back in the day and most of them where utter shit. The songs didn't even fit the characters they were trying to associate them with.
I too am guilty of making a LP Godzilla video (thankfully lost to time—this was pre-YouTube) but at least I tried to juxtapose the lyrics with the visuals. It was “With You”, with clips from Godzilla vs Destoroyah, to symbolize Godzilla’s loss of Jr.

But in my defense Hybrid Theory was new and I was a preteen and I did it for a web contest. Still cringe though.
Think that's bad? I made 8 and are still up to this day. Can't believe I showed them to my video instructor at the time. *shudders*
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

You people are horrible...... Good Lord.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I did something really cringe last year, and I have been meaning to get it off my chest. I went to a bar and got really drunk with this guy who likes Godzilla. We were really bombed, so he pulled out a phone and started showing me these photos he took at a Godzilla event in Tokyo. Anyways, one of the photos was the Fire Rodan suit. From the lighting and blurriness of the photo, I thought Rodan was blue (one of those is the dress black and blue or gold and white situations). I made a long forum post and thread about finding a blue Rodan suit. Turns out we were just both really drunk and due to my Japanese not being so good at that time I misunderstood.

No one really called me out for it, but I felt bad anyways.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I did something really cringe last year, and I have been meaning to get it off my chest. I went to a bar and got really drunk with this guy who likes Godzilla. We were really bombed, so he pulled out a phone and started showing me these photos he took at a Godzilla event in Tokyo. Anyways, one of the photos was the Fire Rodan suit. From the lighting and blurriness of the photo, I thought Rodan was blue (one of those is the dress black and blue or gold and white situations). I made a long forum post and thread about finding a blue Rodan suit. Turns out we were just both really drunk and due to my Japanese not being so good at that time I misunderstood.

I mean, it did look blue. Sure it was more of a lighting trick than just being drunk.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I can't take it anymore....... I gotta say it.

I once drew Godzilla breathing out actual fire rather than a mist or beam......... Oh God!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Terasawa wrote:I too am guilty of making a LP Godzilla video (thankfully lost to time—this was pre-YouTube) but at least I tried to juxtapose the lyrics with the visuals. It was “With You”, with clips from Godzilla vs Destoroyah, to symbolize Godzilla’s loss of Jr.

I get everyone was young and stupid at some point but I wouldn’t have expected an AMV from you of all people
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

G2000 wrote:I get everyone was young and stupid at some point but I wouldn’t have expected an AMV from you of all people
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I made a Godzilla music video for - how surprising is this? - Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" when I was in high school. However, this was before digital editing software, so I was cutting straight VHS to VHS.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I did something really cringe last year, and I have been meaning to get it off my chest. I went to a bar and got really drunk with this guy who likes Godzilla. We were really bombed, so he pulled out a phone and started showing me these photos he took at a Godzilla event in Tokyo. Anyways, one of the photos was the Fire Rodan suit. From the lighting and blurriness of the photo, I thought Rodan was blue (one of those is the dress black and blue or gold and white situations). I made a long forum post and thread about finding a blue Rodan suit. Turns out we were just both really drunk and due to my Japanese not being so good at that time I misunderstood.

Well, I mean

There almost WAS a Blue Rodan, plus I think there's a few (possibly unofficial) toys or vinyls too

Heck, look in here and you can see Rodan was almost given a completely new color pallet for Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Rodan/Gallery

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

goji89 wrote:I can't take it anymore....... I gotta say it.

I once drew Godzilla breathing out actual fire rather than a mist or beam......... Oh God!

I made a lot of AMV's for Godzilla and King Kong when I was in 5th grade, but they're just so...bad. Like, the songs aren't metal or rock at most times, rather something like Don't You Worry Child by Sweedish House Mafia! what?!! The worst part is that I recorded the footage by using an iPad and using this awesome app to literally record footage from YouTube, pause, and the record more footage. aaaghhh X_X
Image Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Terasawa wrote:

But did you win the contest?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Terasawa wrote:I too am guilty of making a LP Godzilla video (thankfully lost to time—this was pre-YouTube) but at least I tried to juxtapose the lyrics with the visuals. It was “With You”, with clips from Godzilla vs Destoroyah, to symbolize Godzilla’s loss of Jr.

But did you win the contest?
Lmao

I was the runner up. I forget what the first place prize was, and it was probably insignificant, but I think second place must have been “get to someday say you finished second in a Godzilla music video contest”.

IIRC this was for the Godzilla Stomp/Gary’s Godzilla Page website, may it forever Rest In Peace. Or maybe the original Maser City. I guess I’ve blocked some of those memories.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.