Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:Wish Futurama would come back, that was another good one.
It's probably better it doesn't, least it go on too long. You either die a Futurama or live to see yourself become The Simpsons/Family Guy.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Or you're brought back as a shell of your former self and end up getting cancelled again leaving an unsatisfying "well that relaunch sure was a thing that happened" taste in your fan's mouths much like...well, Futurama.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Now for my unpopular opinion: Rick and Morty sucks, and is a prime example of a show that was killed by its own popularity. The first two seasons were great, then the show became the most popular thing on TV. The third season had like one good episode, the rest was just schlocky filler.
This, this so fucking much.

I especially hate the first episode of Season 3. Season 2 ended on one of the highest notes: plot twists, great comedy, character development and a final scene that showed how much Rick deep down cared about his family.

And then Season 3 comes down, and all that? To the trashcan. Who cares about emotional depth or character development. Let's just have this characters staying one note cardboards with nothing interesting going on, forever. But ha he hi ho hu, Pickle Rick and Minecraft episode!!1!.

Only episode I really liked of Season 3 was The Citadel one.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Adult animated comedies have cheapened the artform of animation. These days, if it's animated and it has an older target audience, it has to be a cynical, poorly animated dark sitcom – otherwise it's seen as something for kids. It's infuriating. Animation is a medium that can tell so many different kinds of stories, often without the restriction of budget that plagues high-concept live action productions. Film isn't restricted to westerns and musicals, and animation shouldn't be confined to cynical adult sitcoms and children's media.
I remember once having a shower thought similar to this, and went out of my way to search for Western Animated shows that were aimed for adults but weren't primarily comedies.

I found 3: a Spawn series from the 90s, Aeon Flux, and if you can count it, Castlevania (feature films like Watership Down are a lil' more numerous, but I don't count them)

There's probs more, but I seriously doubt the number's any higher than what you can count with your hands.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I don't like Rick and Morty, at first it was ok but the humour got old real fast. Shock humour can only be shocking for so long. The fan base is really,really off putting and Dan Harmon, I honestly think that the guy has some mental health issues. You seen that video of him screaming about Nazi, non-stop for about forty minutes.

Honestly, when I think of adult animation, I think of things like Heavy Metal, Fire & Ice and Beowulf.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Dan Harmon, I honestly think that the guy has some mental health issues.
That would explain why he's spoken openly about having mental health issues.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
And then Season 3 comes down, and all that? To the trashcan. Who cares about emotional depth or character development. Let's just have this characters staying one note cardboards with nothing interesting going on, forever. But ha he hi ho hu, Pickle Rick and Minecraft episode!!1!.
Memes aside, I actually thought Pickle Rick was a decent episode.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

ManuJM1997 wrote: Only episode I really liked of Season 3 was The Citadel one.
Yep, that was the good one I was referencing. I share your sentiment about the show just suddenly saying "fuck it" to character development in the third season premiere. "Ha ha, just kidding, Rick doesn't give a shit about his family and all he actually wants is some stupid McDonalds sauce that isn't even that good!" What dogshit writing. The cringey fan obsession with the goddamn Szechuan sauce just made it all the worse.

Also, I'm not usually one to complain about shows being problematic, but I don't really like Rick implying that he's autistic in the Minecraft episode. Rick is obviously a sociopath and high-functioning autistic people already get lumped in with sociopaths way too often.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The only actually good adult cartoon where things like plot or character development matter is The Venture Bros.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I was thinking about this for little bit last night, well, the fat acceptance movement is really fucking stupid and the people that are part of it and support it, should be treated as snake oil salesmen. For these people are on the same level as the scumbags that say bleach can cure everything from autism to aids.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I was thinking about this for little bit last night, well, the fat acceptance movement is really skreeonking stupid and the people that are part of it and support it, should be treated as snake oil salesmen. For these people are on the same level as the scumbags that say bleach can cure everything from autism to aids.
I have mixed feelings on this. Fat shaming is bad. There’s plenty of people who say,”Oh you’re fat, you should lose weight” and then say,”well I’m just concerned about your health”. I’ve been fat, and very skinny before (my weight fluctuates easily) and honestly, people know they are fat or their own body weight, unless they have a serious mental issue.

People also have different metabolisms and it’s easier and or harder to lose weight.

However, I agree with the “snake oil” salesman part. A lot of people who try to advertise something (plus sized models and clothes) are still trying to sell you something and view you as a monetary object. Additionally, people who say “just accept yourself”, often miss that the feeling is genuine, and losing weight, even if difficult, is an accomplishable goal.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I feel like the best thing to do is just treat people nicely. There’s also a difference between, “Hey want to join a gym/start a diet with me I need a partner”, and “ you’re fat you should really do something about that, I mean I’m telling you this because I’m concerned about your health”. I will agree though that body positivity can go too far, I’m not saying people shouldn’t be comfortable in their own skin, but I sometimes think places like social media push it to unhealthy extremes.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Sweden is a better Minecraft anthem than, well, Minecraft.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

ST Stormtrooper helmets are better then OT Stormtrooper helmets

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:ST Stormtrooper helmets are better then OT Stormtrooper helmets
What on earth is wrong with you

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:ST Stormtrooper helmets are better then OT Stormtrooper helmets
Not gonna lie, if ST means Sequel Trilogy, you're right.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

The U.S is going through a huge crisis then you pull this shiit.

No man, bad Noodles bad.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Clone Trooper Phase II helmets are better than ST and OT trooper helmets.

Normally i'd say this is the popular opinion, but many nostalgic fans have a thing for OT helmets.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Clone Trooper Phase II helmets are better than ST and OT trooper helmets.
Well this is the unpopular opinion thread so have at it.... lol.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Phase 1 >>>> Phase 2

You don't see Captain Rex in a Phase 2 brain bucket, for good reason.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Clone/Stormtrooper helmet ranking

ST
Phase 1 CW/PT
OT
Phase 2 CW/PT

RIP Evan.