Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: Tournaments

Post by HillyHulk »

Onward to battle!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The first 10 matches are up! 10 more will go up tomorrow with the final 12 going up after.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Are we going to be placing wagers? I missed the actual 'audience participation' part, beyond debating the matches...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Zarm wrote:Are we going to be placing wagers? I missed the actual 'audience participation' part, beyond debating the matches...
No. This is a straight forward tournament, no extra bells and whistles.

Matches 11-22 have been posted. Final 10 will be posted tomorrow.

Added in 6 hours 13 minutes 26 seconds:
And all matches have now been posted! Round 1 will go on for at least a week, most likely ending next Friday.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

When are the next batch of matches?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Eyyyy am I still allowed to participate even if I didn't sign up initially?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Breakdown wrote:Eyyyy am I still allowed to participate even if I didn't sign up initially?
Anyone can participate.I just wanted to know what the interest was before starting it.

Added in 1 day 3 hours 25 minutes 24 seconds:
Round 1 ends on Friday. Get your votes in if you haven't!

Added in 2 days 2 hours 13 minutes 29 seconds:
ROUND 1 IS OVER. 32 monsters remain. And of those 32, the next batch of matches has been drawn. Get ready, do your homework, because come Monday, Round 2 will officially begin!

1. Anguirus (GFW) + Rodan (GFW) + King Caesar (GFW) vs. King Joe Black (Prototype)
2. Hellberos + Night Fang vs. Red King (Ultra Galaxy) + Tyrant (Ultra Galaxy)
3. Mecha Gomora (Original Model) + Robot Ultraseven + Robot Ultraman vs. DesGhidorah
4. Grand King Ghidorah vs. Obsidian Fury + 2 Drone Jaeger/Kaiju Hybrid
5. Hyper Zetton Deathsycthe vs. Godzilla (2016, Form 4)
6. Galactron vs. SpaceGodzilla
7. Zeppandon vs. King Ghidorah (MV)
8. King Ghidorah (GMK) + Mothra (GMK) + Baragon (GMK) vs. Biollante
9. Gomora (Ultra Galaxy), Eleking (Ultra Galaxy) & Litra (Ultra Galaxy) vs. Destoroyah
10. Kiryu (Heavy Arms) + Mothra + 2 Larvae vs. Zetton (Ultra Galaxy)
11. Rainbow Mothra vs. Five King
12. Godzilla (MV) vs. Perfect Greeza
13. Maga Grand King vs. Orga + UFO
14. Gipsy Danger + Striker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon vs. Legion
15. Maga Orochi vs. Orochi
16. King of Mons + Skylla + Bajiris vs. Zaigorg + Gorg Golza + Gorg Antlar

Quote of the Year:

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Ooohh, interesting match ups
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

First 8 of the Round 2 matches have been posted. Remaining 8 will be posted tomorrow.

Added in 20 hours 56 minutes 28 seconds:
All Round 2 matches have been posted. Round 2 shall end next Friday.

Quote of the Year:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Still two tied fights by the way, Hellberus & Night Fang vs Grande’s Red King & Grande’s Tyrant and MV Godzilla vs Perfect Greeza in case anyone wants to weigh in before the round ends in a few hours.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Still two tied fights by the way, Hellberus & Night Fang vs Grande’s Red King & Grande’s Tyrant and MV Godzilla vs Perfect Greeza in case anyone wants to weigh in before the round ends in a few hours.
Indeed. Change of plans, however. Round 2 will end on Monday, giving a bit more time for votes and me to tally everything up after Easter.

Added in 2 days 3 hours 12 minutes 45 seconds:
Round 2 is over! Round 3 matches will be posted later today (probably once I wake up...). Matches drawn:

1. Legion vs. Maga Orochi
2. SpaceGodzilla vs. Gomora (Ultra Galaxy), Eleking (Ultra Galaxy), + Litra (Ultra Galaxy)
3. Godzilla (2016, Form 4) vs. Godzilla (MV)
4. Rainbow Mothra vs. King Ghidorah (MV)
5. King Joe Black vs. Orga + UFO
6. Zaigorg + Gorg Golza + Gorg Antlar vs. Biollante
7. Grand King Ghidorah vs. Zetton (Ultra Galaxy)
8. Red King (Ultra Galaxy) + Tyrant (Ultra Galaxy) vs. DesGhidorah

Also, just throwing it out there... But I think this is the first time I've ever seen Destoroyah, Heisei Godzilla, SMG, and Moguera taken out of a tournament so early on.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Marp
Yojimbo

Post by Marp »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Zarm wrote:Are we going to be placing wagers? I missed the actual 'audience participation' part, beyond debating the matches...
No. This is a straight forward tournament, no extra bells and whistles.
Would there be any chance of another tournament like that? I like the idea of having some extra playability with these, more of a contest, y’know?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Round 3 ends Friday! Get your votes in!

Added in 4 days 2 hours 47 minutes 44 seconds:
Round 3 is officially over! Round 4 matches!

SpaceGodzilla vs. King Joe Black
King Ghidorah (MV) vs. Red King (Ultra Galaxy) + Tyrant (Ultra Galaxy)
Maga Orochi vs. Grand King Ghidorah
Zaigorg + Gorg Antlar + Gorg Golza vs. Godzilla (MV)

Will be posted come Monday! Get your research in, it's anybody's ball game!

Quote of the Year:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I really hope the final round of this tournament doesn’t just end up being MV Godzilla vs MV King Ghidorah.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I really hope the final round of this tournament doesn’t just end up being MV Godzilla vs MV King Ghidorah.
I highly doubt that will be the case, given their matchups for round 4... Both MV Ghidorah and MV Godzilla DESPISE fighting more than one foe at a time, and whaddaya know, it's 2v1 and 3v1...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I really hope the final round of this tournament doesn’t just end up being MV Godzilla vs MV King Ghidorah.
Given their opponents here, I don't see that happening. However, even if it would, I wouldn't complain. Normally these tournaments all come down to the same handful of kaiju (SpaceGodzilla, Destoroyah, Grand King Ghidorah, Super MechaGodzilla, Rainbow Mothra and Heisei Godzilla). Thus far, only two of those remain and I don't have 100% faith that they're capable of beating all of those that are left. The introduction of Ultra Powerhouses like Maga Orochi and Zaigorg have made a BIG difference in this tournament and I really enjoy it. Additionally, the underdogs of this tournament really are Red King and Tyrant. I really never expected them to last this long, but they've found a ton of success. This really could go to a kaiju that doesn't originate from the Toho lineup, something I haven't seen in a LONG time.

Quote of the Year:

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

I’ll echo the above. It’s really refreshing to see some Ultra powerhouses get some love around here, and stacking them up against classic Toho (or the newer MonsterVerse) ones is always fun to do.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Agreed with both of you, this tournament has definitely been a shake up for the better.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I know I voted against them, but I kinda hope Red King and Tyrant make it. Tooth and claw kaiju need more love!

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Round 4 ends tomorrow!!!

Added in 16 hours 26 minutes 33 seconds:
Round 4 is over! The semi-finals, Round 5, has begun! Matches have been posted!

Added in 8 days 6 hours 9 minutes 5 seconds:
This round ends on Friday, get your votes in. These matches are deadly close.

Quote of the Year: