Invader Design 3d Sculpts

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Invader Design 3d Sculpts

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Whats up folks, so, to make a long story short I had a previous thread under a different user name where I posted zbrush sculpts that I was working on based on various kaiju, such as godzilla 1971 which i converted into a 3d print, you can see the process here on my art station page https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vdbmdn

So Ive decided on a fresh start with a new user name to reflect my other accounts on other sites, invader design. That being said, might aswell show off what I've been working on eh?

And what better way to start off than showing off this g 54 that I have started. Im trying to avoid copying the xplus figure and trying to focus on more things such as the poster for the movie aswell as other screen grabs.

and yes, godzilla will have wonky eyes

Any ways, this is just the base mesh just now, still need to add the dorsal plates, texture details and the rest of goji's teeth. The plan is hopefully to retopologise the model later on and rig it for animation so we'll see how that goes. Anyways, I am going to try and post more frequently when I can , i have alot of ideas for kaiju models I want to make, ill keep you guys updated on g54 soon, thanks!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Re: Invader Design 3d Sculpts

Post by dopepope »

Great start!
DOPEPOPE: zBrush Commissions Open! Contact Me for Details.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I always notice 1954's ears but often forget his fangs. Good job.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

and we're back, finally got a chance to work more on 54, and boy has our pal goji gone through some changes, hes gotten a bit more chunkier, he actually has feet now, his tail is sectioned and he may of had a face lift (the poor guys hitting 70 in a few years), but most importantly like all growing radioactive lizards, hes got the start of them big ol' dorsal plates, hopefully ill get him done soon, stay peeled for more updates when i can

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

alright and we're back , done a few updates since I last posted here (mainly been showing progress of the model on twitter) but the big G is starting to come together a bit now as a star to add more detailed textures to it, such as the inside the mouth and skin scarring, though I did add some other minor details to the mouth. Ive also decided to make this version of Godzilla a muddy brown as it was the colour of the 54 suit, anyways hopefully ill get the chance to finish this before the new year but no promises

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Ok im back with sculpting, haven't updated the 54 sculpt yet as I have been busy studying 3d animation at college, but I did create a new one based on 54's maquette, just a bust though, im planning on printing it out at some point in the future, and I have plans for a 33 Kong aswell, stay tuned

edit-

I have now cut up the mesh into parts and have created a base for it so that it is now ready for printing Image
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

After 28 hours, the first pass on the print has been completed, its printed out pretty well though there is parts to fix and repair aswell as sorting out the interlocking parts with sanding and using an exacto knife, just need to sort the base out before painting

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Base has now been printed aswell as clean up done on the godzilla bust, now its time for paint, roughly this has taken up to 35 hours to make. Ive included other prints i have done in the background for size comparison

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

With the godzilla sculpt printed out, i have now moved onto my next print, which is KIng Kong, for this one I have based it on the large puppet that is seen for close up shots in the film, it will be scaled to be roughly the same size as the Godzilla print, stay tuned

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Dude these are AMAZING
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

So some bad news, the print of Kong has got to be put on hold due to my printer dying. So in the meantime while I wait for a new printer to arrive, I have sculpted a fun bust of gonzo.. eh I mean the giant claw, its as big as a battleship!

Will I print the giant claw aswell, you bet! more updates soon

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

few more additions to the printer cue, made a martian sculpt from war of the worlds, seeming you never see its bottom half, as far as im concerned is a full body model

Back to giant monsters, decided to work on a ray harryhausen creature, in this case the cyclops from the sinbad movies, still got to add teeth but id say he's turing out fine

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Alright, been busy as of late doing alot of lockdown model work since I last posted so I may aswell show off what i have done-

Up first the finished cyclops bust that i started

I also worked on the Gorn from Star Trek which has yet to be printed

I also did everyones favourite uk based kaiju, Gorgo, which ive been printing for the last week

Heres the final printed version of gorgo, still needs some fixing and gluing up

I also worked on another bust, this time it being ultraman, based on the type A suit

Thats pretty much most of what i have done in the last few weeks, if you are interested in seeing more check out my twitter
https://twitter.com/invader_design