What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Trying to talk about serious news stories, but end up getting ignored because a stupid idiot said something stupid about something that doesn't matter.
If you’re talking about the child grooming gang thing you posted, I read it but didn’t really have a response because I don’t live in the UK.

I think it’s good that a lot more attention is being brought to grooming and child sex rings, from the thing you posted to Epstein. I think a lot of people for many years have been on a false sense of disillusionment that modern society means that things like sex trafficking and slavery don’t still happen.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
EdGojira wrote:With how well read some people on the net claim to be, it's a little annoying to see even a few of them whining about alleged walls of text when the paragraphs are spaced far apart and contain only three to five sentence. And the only advice they offer is snarky comments and down votes when you are unfamiliar with the format at hand. Seems like these people don't actually want to know something but simply act like they know something.
Walls of text doesn’t equal good writing. Sometimes it’s just redundant.

But yeah, people should give more constructive criticism. I think people that see a lot of words and just say”not gonna read all that” are idiots.
I would say "wall of text" generally has a negative connotation. I don't write things that I am not 100% sure are necessary to get to the point and generally don't have issues with people saying it's too much. Unfortunately, this feedback has something to do with that and more claiming how it's "a wall of text and nobody will read it." So I probably just bumped into some morons, as hard as it is to say.
Last edited by EdGojira on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

EdGojira wrote:I don't write things that I am not 100% sure aren't necessary to get to the point and generally don't have issues with people saying it's too much.
I'm pretty sure there are an "n," an apostrophe and a "t" that would disagree with what I assume you meant to say here.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

eabaker wrote:
EdGojira wrote:I don't write things that I am not 100% sure aren't necessary to get to the point and generally don't have issues with people saying it's too much.
I'm pretty sure there are an "n," an apostrophe and a "t" that would disagree with what I assume you meant to say here.
Thanks. Fixed it. Not sure what crossed my mind there.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

EdGojira wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Thanks. Fixed it. Not sure what crossed my mind there.
I think it happens to all of us from time to time.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I don't like the assumption that people who stay up late and get up late are lazier than people who go to bed early and get up early. I sometimes get good writing done at 2 in the morning. On the other hand, I'm tired and irritable no matter how much sleep I've had if I'm forced out of bed before 10am. I often encounter a mentality amongst older people that if you stay up past midnight and get up after 9, you're a lazy piece of shit. Everyone has different sleep schedules and different times when they feel productive. This "get up with the sun" bullshit just doesn't work for a lot of people, me included.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:I don't like the assumption that people who stay up late and get up late are lazier than people who go to bed early and get up early. I sometimes get good writing done at 2 in the morning. On the other hand, I'm tired and irritable no matter how much sleep I've had if I'm forced out of bed before 10am. I often encounter a mentality amongst older people that if you stay up past midnight and get up after 9, you're a lazy piece of shit. Everyone has different sleep schedules and different times when they feel productive. This "get up with the sun" bullshit just doesn't work for a lot of people, me included.
Heck, some studies suggest that late risers don't experience any equivalent to the late morning/early afternoon crashes that tend to plague early risers, suggesting that late risers may actually be more productive.

The "early to bed, early to rise" nonsense dates back to a time before electric light, for Christ's sake.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: I think it happens to all of us from time to time.
"All of us"?......... Not me, don't know what the hell you're talking about.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Man, I’m really sick of talk about the corona virus. I realize I’m guilty of it now, by doing it, but it’s just dumb. While I’m not trying to undermine how it’s an issue, the way people are acting around me about it, and also won’t shut up about it is really starting to get on my nerves, and also affect my mental health.

I wanna talk about other things, but it keeps worming it’s way into everything. Work is essentially off for a month, my original plans to go diving in Okinawa now seem really impossible, etc..,

I bought Resident Evil 6, Revelations 2, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to get my mind off things. I guess I’ll keep it up by translating and relaxing about stuff.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Man, I’m really sick of talk about the corona virus. I realize I’m guilty of it now, by doing it, but it’s just dumb. While I’m not trying to undermine how it’s an issue, the way people are acting around me about it, and also won’t shut up about it is really starting to get on my nerves, and also affect my mental health.
It's less of the virus being a problem and more of how it's effecting the economy. Still, there's a growing amount of people who are getting the virus and surviving and there's supposedly 20+ vaccines being made around the planet. It'll pass and everyone's gonna talk about it to their grandchildren and how "they thought it was gonna destroy the world!" :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Man, I’m really sick of talk about the corona virus. I realize I’m guilty of it now, by doing it, but it’s just dumb. While I’m not trying to undermine how it’s an issue, the way people are acting around me about it, and also won’t shut up about it is really starting to get on my nerves, and also affect my mental health.
Agreed. From what I've heard its basically the flu or common cold just more contagious and widespread with the same symptoms but like every new virus that comes people has to start treating like its the black plague.

Yes its bad but not that bad and we should still be concerned but its not the apocalypse.

As Tyrant mentioned too. There's a reason we still contained them not just for the sake of health but business and as well because more people that gets sick the less people will be doing their jobs. That and to have it die down much sooner.

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Just remember three things.

1. Wash your hands.
2. Keep an good distance from people.
3. Try not to touch surfaces if you can.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Honestly, I'm sick of both sides of this.

On one hand, you have the fear-mongering reactionaries who think this will cause a pandemic apocalypse, blissfully unaware that regular flu and antivaxxers kill more people than this virus has (or will). Actually, knowing how badly anti-vaxxer status has gripped USA culture, I wonder how many US citizens will actually take the vaccine once it's made and approved. My gut feeling says not much.

On the other hand, you have the apathetic types who are all "nOtHiNg To SeE hErE, mOvE aLoNg", and are blatantly ignorant of the repercussions of this virus. Yes, the coronovirus isn't dangerous, from a health perspective. But you're an idiot if you think this will simply blow over without consequences. Look at the Dow Jones nosediving in the past few days. It dropped more than in did even during the Swine Flu craze. Look at the skyrocketing tensions in US/China relations. Look at the increased xenophobia against East-Asian citizens (not just in the USA, but worldwide). Look at the schools closing down in East Asian countries. And that's just today. Now that the virus has officially made its way into the USA, think about how productivity is going to drop. Given the lack of paid sick days in many establishments, the disease can spread more easily as a result.

Me personally? I'm closely following this story by the day. I'm not gonna stock up on water or MRE's, but I'm absolutely not acting like this is business as usual.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

And i will say it again: literally none of this would've happened if some guy knew how to properly cook bats!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I severely underestimated the demand for the Robot Spirits Gundam 0083 stuff. Fuckers are sold out everywhere. Now I gotta use BBTS and their damn mark up prices.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I just got 10,000 dollars and don't know what to spend it on. Don't you just hate that.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote:I just got 10,000 dollars and don't know what to spend it on. Don't you just hate that.
I mean, you could save some of it to charity. People will aprecciate that! For the rest though..yeah idk.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:I just got 10,000 dollars and don't know what to spend it on. Don't you just hate that.
I mean, you could save some of it to charity. People will aprecciate that! For the rest though..yeah idk.
Charity starts at home. I'm gonna buy Toho Kingdom just for shitts and giggles.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote:I'm gonna buy Toho Kingdom just for shitts and giggles.
I'll go 50-50 with you. And once we have complete command the forum purge can begin! Muuahahahaha
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
goji89 wrote:I'm gonna buy Toho Kingdom just for shitts and giggles.
I'll go 50-50 with you. And once we have complete command the forum purge can begin! Muuahahahaha
And I'll still have $9,998 left.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Tax return?

I'll gladly take it off your hands :D
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"