New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
So Robotnik still has a piece of Sonic's DNA right? And isn't Shadow Sonic's clone? What if in Sonic 3 he gets made by Eggman before betraying him like the games?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Spoiler:
So Robotnik still has a piece of Sonic's DNA right? And isn't Shadow Sonic's clone? What if in Sonic 3 he gets made by Eggman before betraying him like the games?
Spoiler:
Despite their similarities no Shadow isn't a clone of Sonic. In fact he's older and also immortal being at the very least over an century year old.

I think if anything Robotnik is gonna use that quill for Metal Sonic in the sequel.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Has anyone noticed the Echidna tribe yet?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Spoiler:
Technically
Spoiler:
Shadow was made by his grandfather on his space colony, and he doesn't really have anything to do with Sonic. The Ultimate Lifeform is apparnetly a hedgehog
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Spoiler:
Has anyone noticed the Echidna tribe yet?
Eeyup
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I saw it. My thoughts. I LOVE IT! It's an amazing movie. I loved jim carrey as eggman.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Saw Sonic finally and liked it...but the audience was terrible. I had to scream at bunch of 20-year old pussies to stfu and it worked thankfully. That's the first time I've ever flipped out on a group of ppl. They were more immature than the kids in the theatre (who were well behaved surprisingly).

I feel like I need to see it again. My movie experience has been tarnished by idiots. Its amazing how stupid and disrespectful people are. Its un-f*cking-believable.
Last edited by Rodan95 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Not bad.
Rodan95 wrote:Saw Sonic finally and liked it...but the audience was terrible. I had to scream at bunch of 20-year old pussies to stfu and it worked thankfully. That's the first time I've ever flipped out on a group of ppl. They were more immature than the kids in the theatre (who were well behaved surprisingly).

I feel like I need to see it again. My movie experience has been tarnished by idiots. Its amazing how stupid and disrespectful people are. Its un-f*cking-believable.
I've noticed there's more adults acting like twats than kids in recent years. That's what sucks about people "growing up", till they break a law they're free to be as obnoxious as they want. Sorry your theater experience was ruined by brats trapped in 20 year old's bodies.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Living Corpse wrote:Not bad.
Rodan95 wrote:Saw Sonic finally and liked it...but the audience was terrible. I had to scream at bunch of 20-year old pussies to stfu and it worked thankfully. That's the first time I've ever flipped out on a group of ppl. They were more immature than the kids in the theatre (who were well behaved surprisingly).

I've noticed there's more adults acting like twats than kids in recent years. That's what sucks about people "growing up", till they break a law they're free to be as obnoxious as they want. Sorry your theater experience was ruined by brats trapped in 20 year old's bodies.
You couldnt be more right bro. When a 8 year old is quiet in a movie theater and a 25 year old man is talking like a wannabe thug on the phone in that same theater....you know which one is more mature at the end of the day :roll:

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Sadly I know how it feels to have some interrupting people ruining a movie experience. Thankfully I didn't have this happen when watching Sonic. The kids were surprisingly well behaved.

As for the movie, it was way better than I was expecting it to be. Great cast and special effects, a fun soundtrack and an overall loving charm throughout the entire film. I will admit that Jim Carrey was a bit too odd to me at first, but as the film went on, I started to like him more until the end of the film where I was like "They absolutely nailed Dr. Eggman!" This is definitely the best video game adaptation I've ever seen and I can't wait for a sequel!
Spoiler:
I can't wait to see Tails and hopefully Knuckles will show up as well. Also, Jim Carrey's final reveal as the fully revealed Eggman was spectacular to see.
4/5
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I was utterly shocked by how good this movie was.

It wasn't perfect or anything but it was millions of orders of magnitude better than I could possibly have imagined, given how rock bottom my expectations were.

I hope there is a sequel and it builds on the elements of the lore they set up in as thoughful a way as the first film ended up being.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Oh we do actually have a topic for the Sonic movie, eggcellent. Well fans do I have some good news for you!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Already saw. I'm already super hyped just by hearing the Emerald Hill music!

Hoping the film leads up to Shadow being introduced in the third one somehow.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G-Force Personnel

As long as it's called Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they can introduce whoever the heck they want.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone think that they should play a remixed version of this at the end credits of the sequel?

G-Force Personnel

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:31 pm Does anyone think that they should play a remixed version of this at the end credits of the sequel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R2vFDIBToI
Would really depend on how they take the story, if they follow the games or add more from the different comic/cartoon universes, but I wouldn't be opposed to it at all.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know it's not necessarily Sonic-movie related, but I just thought I'd bring this up :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzJBq-f ... TeamSea3on
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm I know it's not necessarily Sonic-movie related, but I just thought I'd bring this up :

And this is related how? It belongs on a different thread.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:55 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm I know it's not necessarily Sonic-movie related, but I just thought I'd bring this up :

And this is related how? It belongs on a different thread.
I couldn't find one.