Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by Destorogoji »

My biggest fear is for the movie lacking any meaning or message just like the horrible KoTM did.
Even worse if it actually has some form of a message but it's just so badly executed it ends up being a pro-nuclear message just like KoTM was almost approaching :lol:

My other fear is just having idiot humans going around doing stupid things just like in KoTM or G14. Actually, the dumb human plot in G14 is the only real thing I dislike from that movie.

I'm not saying the human element in K:SI was grounbreaking, but Legendary and WB should really learn a lot from that film. Kong having an actual meaning just like Godzilla in 14 and a human-driven plot is what I'm expecting from GvK.

As for the monsters... I don't really care if it's just the two of them in the whole film or a complete kaiju army as long as they have an actual meaning. I don't even care if they just have a 5 min fight. As long as the execution is well done and the message is delivered, it's been proven before you can actually do that and still achieve greatness in your kaiju film (Gamera 3).
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I hope they manage to maintain the sense of scale and weight to these creatures.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

king_ghidorah wrote:We know nothing about this film. You guys complaining about a team up not making sense because of a title need to relax and rethink some things.
Who's complaining? Everyone here is literally speculating about how this film would play out and whether or not that makes the title misleading.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I mean I get the argument that some people would rather a team up happen in a later film and not this one, but depending on how things go this might be the last Monsterverse film and a chance for a team up might not happen till decades later. Did anyone ever think we'd see these two in a film together again? Like ever? I didn't, I thought the original King Kong vs Godzilla would forever be a one off thing. We've seen them fight, and I'm not against that, but I think if done right, a team up would be cool and if this is the only film we get to see that, so be it.
Exactly what I've been speculating as well actually. Thought I was the only one here.

What matters at this point is execution.
But regardless if team up happens in this movie or a later one, one thing must be made clear. There must be a winner. Which is why I'm expecting it to be 3 fights between the two. One where Kong wins, one where Godzilla wins, and the third is the best two out of three match.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Aside from there being a team-up and
Spoiler:
MechaGodzilla
playing a major role in the movie, my fears are obvious.

That it's going to be a terrible movie.
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ShinGojira14 wrote:Aside from there being a team-up and MechaGodzilla playing a major role in the movie, my fears are obvious.
Spoiler:
Given everything so far, its an guarantee an team up will be occurring
, what matters at this point IMO is how its executed. That's all I ask.
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

After being disappointed by pretty much all the characters in the MonsterVerse sans Joe and Marlowe, I don't have high hopes for the characters here either. That said we will see, you never know.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Destorogoji wrote:My biggest fear is for the movie lacking any meaning or message just like the horrible KoTM did.
Pretty sure King Ghidorah was a metaphor for climate change in that movie.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Just a reminder to please tag any leaks/potential leaks as spoilers outside of the spoilers threads. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

All the MonsterVerse films lack meaning or at least its implemented so halfassed and haphazardly that it barely makes an impact.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:All the MonsterVerse films lack meaning or at least its implemented so halfassed and haphazardly that it barely makes an impact.
Yeah honestly if someone didn't point it out to me, i would have never guess Ghidorah was a global warming metaphor.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:All the MonsterVerse films lack meaning or at least its implemented so halfassed and haphazardly that it barely makes an impact.
Yeah honestly if someone didn't point it out to me, i would have never guess Ghidorah was a global warming metaphor.
Taken out of an ice cap by people who don't care, causes weird storms all around the world, throws nature out of balance by being an alien element not part of the natural order, causes other animals (the other Titans) to go crazy, displaces them so now they migrate to Skull Island like Polar Bears migrating south looking for a new home.

It's subtle but it's there. :)

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

For me, forced humor. At least make the humor funny if you add some.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Anguirus wrote:For me, forced humor. At least make the humor funny if you add some.
How about "Kong won't make a monkey out of Godzilla"?

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

Simply suspect this to be one big cash grab with no thought put behind it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Villain Godzilla, undoes everything we've seen from two movies and two graphic novels.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tenup wrote:Simply suspect this to be one big cash grab with no thought put behind it.
Disagree.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

>The monsterverse has no messages

You know, I should have expected as much from a fanbase that is used to Gojira, vs Hedorah and Shin levels of subtlety...
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Villain Godzilla, undoes everything we've seen from two movies and two graphic novels.
Again, that should be the big twist. Serizawa said in G14, "The arrogance of men is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around".

This has been coming since 2014.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

_JNavs_ wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Villain Godzilla, undoes everything we've seen from two movies and two graphic novels.
Again, that should be the big twist. Serizawa said in G14, "The arrogance of men is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around".

This has been coming since 2014.
You can't just go against everything we know about a character in a single movie, if it does happen, it should be over multiple movies. It shouldn't be 4 pieces of media of superhero Godzilla and then shift him to be the villain all of a sudden in the 5th.