The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:
People don’t like the DuckTales reboot? I thought it was getting lots of love, and rightfully so. It’s super well done.
More people are bashing it than you think.
…...like?

Some examples would probably help because I'm with Dynomy, I've heard nothing but good.
I have just remembered a source of criticism of the show for its style alone. I asked Kaiju No Kami a question for his Q&A when it came to what contemporary western animations he likes and while he states that he’s heard great things about it, he is one of those who has so far judged it only on its artistic style.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LegendZilla wrote:Kaiju No Kami
Say no more.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Frozen II was actually pretty fun. I'd recommend it to animated Disney fans.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

miguelnuva wrote:Frozen II was actually pretty fun. I'd recommend it to animated Disney fans.
Or you could try giving yourself a papercut? Cheaper and just as fun I imagine.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Fish Cakes wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Frozen II was actually pretty fun. I'd recommend it to animated Disney fans.
Or you could try giving yourself a papercut? Cheaper and just as fun I imagine.
I said to fans of Disney animated films. Just because they do a lot of bullshit doesn't mean kne shouldn't enjoy what they feel is good.

I'm not going to pretend every single Godzilla film is the best thing since slice bread yet I enjoy them in their own ways.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, i've been meaning to pull this thread back up and talk about this..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-dro ... 1579290365

Yep..you read right. Disney is changing 20th Century Fox to 20th Century Studios because according to them "Any attachment to Rupert Murdoch is toxic"

Wow. I know this might not sound like a big deal at first, but think about how much history this is erasing! The famous logos, all the movies attached to the Fox name. All because some political drama, gone from existence..sigh.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Well it’s not gone from existence because you can’t change history (and even Disney isn’t powerful enough to suppress it) but I agree that’s a stupid and very reactionary move.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

So, Disney now owns 20th Century Fox - or whatever they're calling it now. Wonder what they'll buy next? :?

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

MandaSaurus wrote:So, Disney now owns 20th Century Fox - or whatever they're calling it now. Wonder what they'll buy next? :?
I doubt they will buy anything else as big as Fox, I doubt they would even be allowed to something that big. If anything, it will probably be rights to franchises rather than entire companies.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

They should be forcibly broken up.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Y'know I fear that within 5-10 years time that Disney will have a near monopoly over movies the way things are going (I still find Disney buying 20th Century FOX, Star Wars and Marvel stupid)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Julia Bristow wrote:Y'know I fear that within 5-10 years time that Disney will have a near monopoly over movies the way things are going (I still find Disney buying 20th Century FOX, Star Wars and Marvel stupid)
I wouldn't put it out there that by then they will have taken over the world at that point.

The Roman Empire of companies.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Julia Bristow wrote:Y'know I fear that within 5-10 years time that Disney will have a near monopoly over movies the way things are going (I still find Disney buying 20th Century FOX, Star Wars and Marvel stupid)
I wouldn't put it out there that by then they will have taken over the world at that point.

The Roman Empire of companies.
Disney, or any North American company, can't buy anything overseas so that's a plus. I don't really know what they would really even want from the East anyway besides maybe making a live action film about popular animes.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:Disney, or any North American company, can't buy anything overseas so that's a plus. I don't really know what they would really even want from the East anyway besides maybe making a live action film about popular animes.
True, true. At the very least they'll rule over North America which if it leads to that I'm'a moving out of the continent.

And with Disney continuing to grow is what's gonna lead to its downfall. That's after all what happened with the Roman Empire.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Do I need a tinfoil hat to comment in this thread?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: And with Disney continuing to grow is what's gonna lead to its downfall. That's after all what happened with the Roman Empire.
Disney's "crashed" before so seeing another one wouldn't really be shocking. (though i doubt they'll be taking over the continent) I just hope maybe next time it can be run by a less greedier boss?
Terasawa wrote:Do I need a tinfoil hat to comment in this thread?
Nah. :P

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

You guys need to be more worried about Wal-Mart or Alphabet or Apple taking over the world. Just a few numbers for you:

Wal-Mart 2018 revenue- $519 billion
Disney 2018 revenue- $59 billion

Alphabet market cap- $1.3 trillion
Disney market cap- $259 billion

Disney is big no doubt. But their revenue doesn't even crack top 100 in the US and their market cap isn't even close to the big tech companies
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm more worried about companies like AT&T and Comcast as far as movie-related stuff goes than I am about Disney. Disney has their fair share of evil business tactics (extension of copyright, strong-arming of theaters), but as far as "world dominating" evil, they're pretty far down on the list.

They're also not a monopoly. I feel like anyone who whines about that doesn't even know what the term means. They also didn't buy Fox (or Lucasfilm or Marvel for that matter) in some sort of hostile takeover plot either. The three companies were looking to sell and Disney had the money to buy them.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'm more worried about companies like AT&T and Comcast as far as movie-related stuff goes than I am about Disney. Disney has their fair share of evil business tactics (extension of copyright, strong-arming of theaters), but as far as "world dominating" evil, they're pretty far down on the list.

They're also not a monopoly. I feel like anyone who whines about that doesn't even know what the term means. They also didn't buy Fox (or Lucasfilm or Marvel for that matter) in some sort of hostile takeover plot either. The three companies were looking to sell and Disney had the money to buy them.
Yeah, I think the bigger threat of an entertainment industry monopoly (which we're still a ways off from) is posed by production companies owning streaming services than by one company simply buying up a lot of other studios and IPs.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I feel like the fear is more what Disney buying up every property and ruling the box office though blockbusters will do to cinema in a CREATIVE monopoly (if you get what I mean) then an actual monopoly.

But yeah, they are far from the biggest problem in the world right now.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.