Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Oh please, let's be real here.... Nobody would think Endgame was half as good if it wasn't Marvel. The general audiences are predetermined to love MCU movies regardless of how shitty they actually are. General audiences nowadays basically make-up Kevin Feige's personal ass-kissing cult. I mean, Jesus, these people laughed at the "turds" joke in Guardians 2 and stayed entertained by smart Hulk and fat Thor despite the fact that there was nothing inherently funny about them.

Endgame was a goddamn mess. I could delve into the issues with plot, but does anybody actually think the climax was really THAT great? I mean, sure, the portals scene is cool I guess, but other than that, what else is there be super thrilled about? After the big portals scene, characters just fly around an obviously CGI battlefield punching a few goons whilst Thanos shows up every now and again and punches someone. What should've been an epic 30 minute "balls-to-the-wall" climax ended up being no more exciting than simply watching the introduction to a Super Smash Bros game in which the heroes get introduced.
Last edited by Godzillasaurus on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Endgame and KotM are both awful, does it really matter which is the smellier shit?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Disagreed with your opinion of KOTM, but hey at least you're not one of the cattle who blindly love Endgame

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Hoes continue to be mad, news at 11.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Hoes mad?

Admins Mad! Flamebaiting and insults bad! Gira sad!

The last thing we need is a rabid Tasmanian devil brawl over KotM or Endgame being the better movies. And really people, can we NOT insult others who don't agree with our opinions? Because at the end of the day, that's all it is, opinions.

Now, let's move the discussion elsewhere, and next time this crops up, it's double warnings for everyone involved.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Really ticks me off when people criticize the unfunny quips in KOTM while completely ignoring how forced the humor in Space Jam is. Hypocritical much?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I still believe i can rewatch the MV films weekly, which is something i cannot say for all films.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I enjoy the whole MonsterVerse, but KSI and KOTM have made me find Godzilla 2014 a bit slow to watch not, KSI and KOTM have similar paces and frequency of monster action.

GojiMet86
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiMet86 »

I was pretty disappointed to see Sally Hawkins just drop off the face of the Earth (well, wiped out in the Antarctica scene). I didn't realize she was dead until the movie was more than haflway and I found myself asking where she was. It's a shame her character failed to develop.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

GojiMet86 wrote:I was pretty disappointed to see Sally Hawkins just drop off the face of the Earth (well, wiped out in the Antarctica scene). I didn't realize she was dead until the movie was more than haflway and I found myself asking where she was. It's a shame her character failed to develop.
I agree. As good as Serizawa's sacrifice was executed, it would have been even more emotional if Graham was there to say goodbye. She should have received Serizawa's notebook.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

After scrolling through social media, I've learned that the people screaming "I don't take and kind of movie awards seriously" and "I couldn't care less about what the critics think" do indeed care about the types of awards these films receive and the critic reception. Also, after roughly 8-9 months, people still don't seem to know how Rotten Tomatoes works, but complain about it nontheless.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KingKaiju wrote:After scrolling through social media, I've learned that the people screaming "I don't take and kind of movie awards seriously" and "I couldn't care less about what the critics think" do indeed care about the types of awards these films receive and the critic reception. Also, after roughly 8-9 months, people still don't seem to know how Rotten Tomatoes works, but complain about it nontheless.
I feel like if they did, nobody would be calling RT the worst place on the internet. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

tyrantgoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:After scrolling through social media, I've learned that the people screaming "I don't take and kind of movie awards seriously" and "I couldn't care less about what the critics think" do indeed care about the types of awards these films receive and the critic reception. Also, after roughly 8-9 months, people still don't seem to know how Rotten Tomatoes works, but complain about it nontheless.
I feel like if they did, nobody would be calling RT the worst place on the internet. :lol:
That's true, or saying things like, "Rotten Tomatoe's critics". :lol:

Dudes say they don't care or put any weight into movie awards, until KOTM got nominated for a Razzie.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

RT just shouldn't be the go-to for movie stats.

"Godzilla & Any Flying, Fire-Breathing, Pagoda-Stomping Monster " When the Razzies sum up a film like this, i refuse to take them serious in the slightest.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KingKaiju wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
That's true, or saying things like, "Rotten Tomatoe's critics". :lol:

Dudes say they don't care or put any weight into movie awards, until KOTM got nominated for a Razzie.
WAIT WHAT!? IT ACTUALLY GOT A RAZZIE NOMINATION!? :lol:

Dang i know the film wasn't the best but..wow. Was not expecting that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

The Oxygen Destroyer should have killed Rodan, right?
. . .

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I know there were talks of KOTM getting a Razzie nominations but not about it actually getting one....Great as if there wasn't any more reason not to like award things like that.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Shin Gabara wrote:The Oxygen Destroyer should have killed Rodan, right?
Yes, if Rodan entered in contact with it, fortunately, Rodan escaped before the explosion in the movie, you can see this when they show a map of the area on the Monarch aircraft and Rodan isn't present at all there.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Shin Gabara wrote:The Oxygen Destroyer should have killed Rodan, right?
Unless he was in range (which it doesn't seem like he was) i don't think so.