What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ManuJM1997 wrote:So, moving on from this topic (don't really want to get into a long debate over this)

People bitching because you like the dub of something over the original language.

Happens especially in anime, but in basically everything can happen too.

In the case of anime, I distinctly recalled once being called racist because I prefered the dub.

And I tend to enjoy subs over dubs anyways, but when a dub makes a better version of something, it should be recognized.
A lot of people I know would argue that subs people are basic bitches. Or, for different issues, Subs ruin the frame.

People who argue that subs are the way to go, are basic bitches who want to pretend they’re “cultured” when they don’t realize how most dubs are exactly accurate as subs.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Yeah but that’s such a defeatist mentality. I realize this is idealistic, but I think only by realizing and recognizing prior skreeonk ups can the human race improve. I’m American, and I live in Japan, and my view is that both sides did tons of really skreeonked up poop during WW2. I think it’s fine to not view anything about killing people, with the exception of direct war criminals, as something that is sad and avoidable.

And similar to Fish Cakes, history is written by the winners.
All of this I can agree with.

And I generally prefer subs (with anime, kaiju films are case by case) because that way you at least get to hear the original performances, whether you understand them or not. Dubs make the whole experience feel less authentic.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:So, moving on from this topic (don't really want to get into a long debate over this)

People bitching because you like the dub of something over the original language.

Happens especially in anime, but in basically everything can happen too.

In the case of anime, I distinctly recalled once being called racist because I prefered the dub.

And I tend to enjoy subs over dubs anyways, but when a dub makes a better version of something, it should be recognized.
A lot of people I know would argue that subs people are basic bitches. Or, for different issues, Subs ruin the frame.

People who argue that subs are the way to go, are basic bitches who want to pretend they’re “cultured” when they don’t realize how most dubs are exactly accurate as subs.
Tbh for me it's not a problem of accuracy (after all, I always read up summaries and other stuff from an anime or foreign thing once I watch it/read it for stuff like that, or tidbits I might have missed) but rather the voice acting and how well the voice fits the character.

Bad voice acting, or one that doesn't fit, can ruin for me any movie, series or anime FAR more than even bad characters or plot.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

YouTube.

YouTube outlawing AdBlock to be specific.

Fuck YouTube.

My YouTube
Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.
"...that one didn't age quite so well."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

YouTube can’t outlaw anything and the amount of people that would be affected by such a drastic change is way too costly to implement.

Fearmongering gets on my nerves.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Fearmongering gets on my nerves.
Same. I understand people's fears in regards to things like Coppa, but everyone's blowing it way out of proportion.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

UltramanGoji wrote:YouTube can’t outlaw anything and the amount of people that would be affected by such a drastic change is way too costly to implement.

Fearmongering gets on my nerves.
What, you think that I'm fucking fearmongering here? This is Google we're talking about, they've been ballzy enough to make drastic changes that they won't like and the more people that actually treat this as an actual bad decision and stop using their services increases their chances of them backtracking on such shitty changes to their Terms of Service. Hell, this ain't even about COPPA, this is about how YT is shooting themselves in the foot over not enforcing that policy in a more responsible manner
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TBH i never used ad block. If i did, it pretty much hurt most of the creators i love so it doesn't matter to me.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

THECRAZEBLING wrote:What, you think that I'm fucking fearmongering here?
Weren't you the guy who threw a ballistic shitfit over an actress being hired to star in a Clash of Clans ad?
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Weren't you the guy who threw a ballistic shitfit over an actress being hired to star in a Clash of Clans ad?
That one with the tig ol bitties? Or am I thinking of something else?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:TBH i never used ad block. If i did, it pretty much hurt most of the creators i love so it doesn't matter to me.
I was worried about that as well. I only just got it a few days, cause some of Publisher's Clearing House games are on a time limit and are nearly impossible to beat on time with all the ads inbetween. Turns out you can allow some ads so your favorite content creators still make money. So yes, there actually is a middle ground, it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

"Acceptable Ads are nonintrusive ads. They are the middle ground between ad blocking and supporting online content because they generate revenue for website owners."

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
No? Maybe? Even if I did, that was trivial bullshit that didn't matter. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? =/ I'd try searching for what you meant, but the search feature for TK is so goddamn picky that it's almost fucking impossible to zero in on what you're talking about.

Like sure, I can be a whiny bastard at times, but I have some valid things TO bitch about. Like if you have a problem with me based on that, you can always take it to PMs. Not here.
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My YouTube

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

People who drown their fries in fucking ketchup. Ketchup is literally the worst dip for fries. Cheese is great, mustard is great, ranch is great, tartar is great, mustard is okay, ketchup is some white trash bullshit.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:People who drown their fries in fucking ketchup. Ketchup is literally the worst dip for fries. Cheese is great, mustard is great, ranch is great, tartar is great, mustard is okay, ketchup is some white trash bullshit.
Why do you care what people put on their food?

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Living Corpse wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:People who drown their fries in fucking ketchup. Ketchup is literally the worst dip for fries. Cheese is great, mustard is great, ranch is great, tartar is great, mustard is okay, ketchup is some white trash bullshit.
Because ketchup on fries is fucking nasty and way too many people do that shit. It's like putting ketchup on steak.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Because ketchup on fries is fucking nasty and way too many people do that shit. It's like putting ketchup on steak.
Is this a joke post I'm not getting?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There's literally nothing wrong with ketchup and fries, but there's an enormous problem with you if you put mustard on your fries.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Ketchup is literally the worst dip for fries.
tartar is great

You know, I've never actually hated anyone on the fourms before.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hot sauce on fries is the move.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Ketchup is fine, don't be a bitch
UltramanGoji wrote:but there's an enormous problem with you if you put mustard on your fries.
Fuck right off
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST