Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Omegazilla wrote:Nobody makes things like Japan eh? Been an RE fan for quite some time. RE7 was decent, but that RE2 remake was stellar. I can only hope the same happens for Nemesis. Given how well the game seemed to do, it certainly is possible. That would have the potential to be among the best RE titles.
After the RE2 Remake I’m fully invested in the series and can’t wait for Nemesis.

I just finished RE4, the switch port, and now I’m eagerly going to go through the series with Resident Evil Zero, 1, and Revelations 1+2. If anyone has a switch, and doesn’t have another way of playing these games, I highly suggest getting them.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone think they should do a Netflix series of this?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

LegendZilla wrote:Anyone think they should do a Netflix series of this?
There's heavy rumors that one is happening.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

gvamp wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Anyone think they should do a Netflix series of this?
There's heavy rumors that one is happening.
It would be smarter than to do a movie reboot.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Oh I agree, Netflix or even Amazon Prime could do wonders for RE.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Beat revelations. It was aight (not as great as Resident Evil 4, but still enjoyable).

Now I'm really tempted to go out and get the Resident Evil Origins Collection 1+0. I may go to Tokyo next week, and I'm going to spend a lot of money, but I really want to splurge. I feel like I'm having a resident evil summer heh.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Beat revelations. It was aight (not as great as Resident Evil 4, but still enjoyable).

Now I'm really tempted to go out and get the Resident Evil Origins Collection 1+0. I may go to Tokyo next week, and I'm going to spend a lot of money, but I really want to splurge. I feel like I'm having a resident evil summer heh.
Revelations 2 I liked a lot better. It's a bit more twisted!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chris55 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Beat revelations. It was aight (not as great as Resident Evil 4, but still enjoyable).

Revelations 2 I liked a lot better. It's a bit more twisted!
Cool, i’ll Definitely give it a shot.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rumor: Resident Evil 3 Remake to be announced at the Video Game Awards this year.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Living Corpse wrote:Rumor: Resident Evil 3 Remake to be announced at the Video Game Awards this year.
Nice
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I hope so, they shouldn't have much work to do on the game as they could use most of the assets from REmake2. Hell they already have the AI in place for Nemesis.

I really hope we get a remake of Code Veronica too. That's the only RE game I never finished, though I suppose I could go through it via BC on Xbox One.

PC Specs

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

If/when they they do RE3, how do you want them do Nemesis.

He’s way more aggressive then Mr. X and actually runs after you. He’s also got his signature rocket launcher.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

The Resident Evil 3 cover art has just leaked.

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Monster X wrote:If/when they they do RE3, how do you want them do Nemesis.

He’s way more aggressive then Mr. X and actually runs after you. He’s also got his signature rocket launcher.
And later games (and movies) aslo gave him a mini-gun, so add that as well. I want him to feel like a Terminator is chasing you.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Currently doing my second play-through of the RE2 re-release. Planning to pick up RE7 at some point. I'm pretty new to the series. Which games do you guys think are the best?
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Currently doing my second play-through of the RE2 re-release. Planning to pick up RE7 at some point. I'm pretty new to the series. Which games do you guys think are the best?
They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I'd say if you're enjoying RE2 remake then pick up the other games on your platform of choice.

Going back to the remake of RE3. They've announced it won't be shown at the Game Awards on Thursday however Sony does have a State of Play event on Tuesday so I think that's where it'll get announced officially. I can't recall if they showcase third party games at State of Play but I would assume they do.

I'm guessing a March or April release.

PC Specs

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Looks good. So with the game on the way what enemies do we think will get in, removed or reworked?

Zombies, Cerberus and Nemesis are all a given.

Giant spiders are likely out due to the games more realistic approach. This may also mean that the Grave Digger could get the boot to. If it dose somehow make the the cut I want a proper boss fight out of it

I’m deeply hoping that the Hunters have made it in and the developers don’t get lazy and just reuse Lickers. While Lickers are more popular, the Hunters are the elite among the basic enemies of RE since the original. RE3 had the Hunter Beta, a weaker but faster variant then the original which could dodge bullets and the Hunter Gamma, which were slower but more tanky and had a one hit kill move. Personally I think both could work within the game, functioning as deadly end game enemies that really test the plays skills.

Drain Deimos and Brain Suckers are creatures I’d like to be in, but could easily get the shaft and be replaced by Lickers since they filled similar enemy niches. The Brain Sucker has the best chance since they inflict poison.

The Crows are likely still out, which leaves me to wonder if there will be a boss fight with Nicholai.

Also there’s always the possibility of new enemies being created for the game.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

There's something that looks like a Drain Deimos or Brain Sucker (they look so similar) in the announcement trailer. It's real quick.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I saw a brief glimpse of a hunter as well during the reveal trailer. If the giant gator boss fight from RE2 made it into the remake I'm sure Gravedigger will make it as well.

PC Specs