The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Dino-Mario wrote:Image

Feast your eyes on these... interesting covers of the original novel

What the skreoonk is that one on the bottom?
A t. rex.

Remember the novel took place in the 80s.
It was even worse then the crap the film proved wrong.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

This has probably been suggested before, but hear me out.

We need an HBO miniseries that is a faithful retelling of the Novel. It would basically be a version of Jurassic Park that is longer, more violent and darker.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

gottatalktothefake wrote:This has probably been suggested before, but hear me out.

We need an HBO miniseries that is a faithful retelling of the Novel. It would basically be a version of Jurassic Park that is longer, more violent and darker.
Would Samuel L Jackson still play the guy who does the thing?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:This has probably been suggested before, but hear me out.

Would Samuel L Jackson still play the guy who does the thing?
Or a Netflix miniseries.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Aside from Nedrys death the book isn't violent. And of course it's describe in more detail that's what books do.

Outside of a few scenes I'm one of the few people who didn't like the book.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

ScootaVaran wrote:

Aside from Nedrys death the book isn't violent. And of course it's describe in more detail that's what books do.

Outside of a few scenes I'm one of the few people who didn't like the book.
I’ll meet you half way on the last sentence, I like the book, but I think the movies are better.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly wanna see the "Red Rex" from the novel get some type of recognition elsewhere. I know it was rumored in Fallen Kingdom's early days but still doesn't have to be movies! Game, TV show, whatever, just gimme it!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Outside all the scientific/technical themed chapters (which could easily be cut and not hardly effect the story) the novel did almost everything better. The ending is more dynamic in the movie but at the same time pretty ridiculous and somewhat corny when you think about it (the whole movie is in some ways).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SO someone aparrently nailed the title for JW3 on Twitter. Trevorrow said it himself, although he never specified which one. He also specified that it's not being named Extinction and has also stated that
Spoiler:
The dino's ain't gonna die!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

ScootaVaran wrote:Aside from Nedrys death the book isn't violent.
Have you read the book? lol Just about every death in the book is violent AF
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Yes, I have. Multiple times in fact.
Its a mature read, but it's not this ultra dark and violent book people seem to be making it out to be.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Jake Johnson and Omar Sy are set to reprise their roles from Jurassic World. I'd love if they could bring Julianne Moore back too. They need to bring back at least one TLW character.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Thank god for Omar. Always found it weird how the other dude who trained the raptors just.....dropped off the face of the Earth.
also, I found him way more charismatic then Chris Pratt has been in either of the films

Jake's fine. Like him better in other stuff but glad to have him. He was supposed to be in FK in Franklin's place so interested to see how he AND Franklin will work out.

Also, big yes for the TLW cast member. Maybe we could have Nick cameo for the support of a pro dino group? or have Kelly join the main cast? TBH, I wouldn't even mind a cameo by the Kirbys

RIP Evan.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Does anyone here know if this coming third one is the end of a trilogy - and maybe the end of the film series?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

mikelcho wrote:Does anyone here know if this coming third one is the end of a trilogy - and maybe the end of the film series?
Supposedly just the end of a trilogy. Then the franchise is gonna take another 10 or so year rest before it comes back again.

SoggyNoodles2016

mikelcho wrote:Does anyone here know if this coming third one is the end of a trilogy - and maybe the end of the film series?
Heard it's the supposed end of the whole series but with enough wiggle room for future entries.

Remember, "no one's ever really gone" :lol:

RIP Evan.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

tyrantgoji wrote:SO someone aparrently nailed the title for JW3 on Twitter. Trevorrow said it himself, although he never specified which one. He also specified that it's not being named Extinction and has also stated that
Spoiler:
The dino's ain't gonna die!
So much for giving the finale any chance of it being earned.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Rhedosaurus wrote:So much for giving the finale any chance of it being earned.
Spoiler:
They probably don't want to have the children crying. Dinosaurs appeal to kids and to see them die again would devastate them.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:So much for giving the finale any chance of it being earned.
Spoiler:
They probably don't want to have the children crying. Dinosaurs appeal to kids and to see them die again would devastate them.
That's still no excuse to just let them walk around all over the place. It would be one thing if they were at places were dinosaurs were sighted before like the Congo Basin. But all over the world? That's just bad storytelling and braindead logic right there.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Rhedosaurus wrote:That's still no excuse to just let them walk around all over the place. It would be one thing if they were at places were dinosaurs were sighted before like the Congo Basin. But all over the world? That's just bad storytelling and braindead logic right there.
It'd also be the same reason neither Godzilla nor Kong will die or kill each other since to the audience they're the heroes in their eyes and they don't like to see heroes kill each other like Stark vs Rogers hence the likely team up we'll probably be seeing in the film. :-x
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.