Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Cookson wrote:Idk. Holiday money could be nice. Like I said though... I hate counters with “ but it’ll be easier here” etc... there’s always competition and I don’t want Godzilla having a easier rode to success.
There ain't gonna be holiday money if its competing with something that's MCU or Disney or Pixar.

Because GA would rather be seeing generic cookie cutter superhero films nowadays then the rematch of the century. That and Godzilla or kaiju is niche to the GA outside the kaiju fandom.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cookson wrote:Idk. Holiday money could be nice. Like I said though... I hate counters with “ but it’ll be easier here” etc... there’s always competition and I don’t want Godzilla having a easier rode to success.
There ain't gonna be holiday money if its competing with something that's MCU or Disney or Pixar.

Because GA would rather been seeing generic cookie cutter superhero films nowadays then the rematch of the century.
As of now, Eternals comes out 2 weeks before GvsKong. It’s not Iron Man etc... but like I said, won’t truly know how it’ll all play till a month beforehand. No need to worry about it now.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cookson wrote:As of now, Eternals comes out 2 weeks before GvsKong. It’s not Iron Man etc... but like I said, won’t truly know how it’ll all play till a month beforehand. No need to worry about it now.
Hey! Hey! Hey! So was Guardians and that turned out to be an massive hit!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cookson wrote:As of now, Eternals comes out 2 weeks before GvsKong. It’s not Iron Man etc... but like I said, won’t truly know how it’ll all play till a month beforehand. No need to worry about it now.
Hey! Hey! Hey! So was Guardians and that turned out to be an massive hit!
Sure, but there’s 2 weeks for it to settle down. We’ll see how big the Pixar film is. They’re not as big as they once were.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Anything labelled with the MCU at this point is bound to do big. Just paste it on and GA will be flocking to see it.

Maybe if Legendary did that for their movies or any company for that matter that'd help them. Same with the Disney logo.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Ignore. Accidental repost
Last edited by dillonking55 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

^^^

This.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gfan90's at this point you could post a blank post and people would know what your saying. Right now you sound like a person that is mad his film isn't doing as well as the mcu another GA are mindless pigs as a result.

1 of 2 things is going to happen.

Godzilla vs Kong will do well and prove KOTM was a fluke or it wont and the GA doesn't care for Godzilla. No matter the case the Godzilla franchise is in a better place then it was pre G14.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:
1 of 2 things is going to happen.

Godzilla vs Kong will do well and prove KOTM was a fluke or it wont and the GA doesn't care for Godzilla. No matter the case the Godzilla franchise is in a better place then it was pre G14.
Pretty much this. Still we have some time to go before either gets proven true but even if it's the latter, nothings gonna stop Toho from making their own films so..actually there's seriously nothing bad that's gonna happen to the franchise if the MV get cancelled to be honest. Toho could always send it to another studio (not even saying another American one) and Japanese films are still gonna happen so there's nothing really terrible that's gonna come out of this.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Garzon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Garzon »

I’m personally fine with GVK being the last film of the MonsterVerse. Even if KotM hadn’t underperformed, I see no reason for the MonsterVerse to keep pumping out movies indefinitely. Just let this series have a proper finale and make way for Toho’s new series.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Toho has no new series coming up :lol: :roll:

The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies. They don’t even have to rely on the Monsterverse, just sign a new deal with another company or expand on other things such as games, theme park attractions.
Yooo 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JGAR wrote:[/highlight]Toho has no new series coming up[/highlight] :lol: :roll:

The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies. They don’t even have to rely on the Monsterverse, just sign a new deal with another company or expand on other things such as games, theme park attractions.
Yet. It's gonna happen one of these days.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JGAR wrote: The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies.
Actually, within the parameters of the WOG plan, it can be achieved. Toho is starting to lend out materials for countries to make their own dubs so it's entirely possible for new Japanese Godzilla movies to be released worldwide a la Shin.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

UltramanGoji wrote:
JGAR wrote: The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies.
Actually, within the parameters of the WOG plan, it can be achieved. Toho is starting to lend out materials for countries to make their own dubs so it's entirely possible for new Japanese Godzilla movies to be released worldwide a la Shin.
Yeah there’s no way movies aren’t part of their plan. They had that interview where they talked about not only Godzilla films but solo Mothra and Ghidorah type films every two years. It’s definitely happening...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Cookson wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Yeah there’s no way movies aren’t part of their plan. They had that interview where they talked about not only Godzilla films but solo Mothra and Ghidorah type films every two years. It’s definitely happening...
Imagine Ghidorah finally getting his own film... Mothra had hers, Godzilla of course had his, Rodan had his and even Varan had his own flick lol. I'd want it to have a golden tint to it, like a light sepia tone, just to differentiate it from the usual flick. I'd also want it to end on the darkest note possible, full city destruction with Ghidorah coming out on top at the end.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

JGAR wrote:The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies.
Does this mean WOG was an early name for Genesis?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
JGAR wrote:The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies.
Does this mean WOG was an early name for Genesis?
????

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If WOG does turn out to be a cinematic verse I would love to see Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Varan and Ghidorah get films then lead to a true gtthm remake personally.

A Ghidorah with 3 or 4 new weaker monsters could really make him feared again.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So, if we get anything from CCXP this weekend, what do you guys think it could be? I'm not expecting a trailer anymore. If we do get a trailer, I'm worried that Legendary would be making the same mistake it made with KOTM, but I hope we get a nice new poster and some figure reveals or something. I don't need anything big.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

a cool teaser poster and trailer footage description