Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

UltramanGoji

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks fine. I'm in, there hasn't been a Marvel film I haven't enjoyed since at least 2013 so I'm confident. Excited to see David Harbour and Florence Pugh. Not a huge fan of Taskmaster's design but I'll get over it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

That Taskmaster "costume" is fucking disgraceful. We've literally gotten so far in comic book adaptations dropping the "muh realism" angle that this year, we basically got a ripped from the comics Mysterio and then they pull this. I'm mad.

Besides that, it looks fine. It's gonna be fine, all the MCU films are. Probably will check it out

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

At this rate given they just keep repeating the same formulaic feel for all their movies I have no more interest in the MCU besides Guardians 3 and Doctor Strange 2. They really should had ended it with Far From Home which kinda served as sort of an epilogue to Endgame.

This movie feels like just like any of their previous films.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:At this rate given they just keep repeating the same formulaic feel for all their movies I have no more interest in the MCU besides Guardians 3 and Doctor Strange 2.
On another thread, GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That said I'm burned out by MCU films as they just keep repeating that same formula. Only ones I really look forward to at this point only are Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3.
On the exact same thread, GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Which is why I'm getting burned out by MCU films since they just keep repeating the same cookie cutter formula and humor otherwise. The only exceptions I'll be seeing are Doctor Strange 2 given it does something different which is magic and mystical arts and will be an horror and Guardians 3 (Too much of an fan to pass on).
On yet another thread, GodzillaFan1990's wrote:With the exception of Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3. Any post-Endgame MCU movies given the repetitive formulaic feel.

TALE AS OLD AS TIME
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:TALE AS OLD AS TIME
Hey Spirit did your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say? Don't say it at all. No? Well okay then I guess not.

You also have the option to not say anything at all and mocking or making fun of others especially wasting your time following me and copy-pasting my comments from other threads to just post them here. In the same way you're literally doing the same which makes you no better.

Never thought about any of that at all did you? No again? Okay then. Then again I forget your the snarky guy who makes rather snarky comments around the site so what am I to say to you.

Wanna prove yourself too then don't comment back on this. And another thing. This is the internet. No one's perfect especially being repetitive. Never thought about that either too huh?

Have a nice day.

;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 am, edited 11 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

'90s... whether Spirit is being snarky or not, this is not exactly the first time someone has pointed out your repetitive tendencies; you yourself have acknowledged them many times in the past. It's true that nobody is perfect, but... I mean, this isn't like talking out loud, which is so simple and automatic that you can ramble and repeat yourself without being aware of it. A lot more time and deliberate focus goes into typing out a post. You have to be aware, to a significant extent, of what you're doing. It's hard to believe that you could just type the same post multiple times in a day and not be aware of it.

And on-topic: haven't seen the Black Widow trailer yet. Will have to do that soon. As for MCU Hulk, I agree that he was handled awkwardly, but it's hard to blame Disney for struggling with him. It's hard to find a balance between 'rampaging monster made of pure rage' and 'hero that kids can root for' without some sort of awkwardness. Even the comics are constantly changing him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

tyrantgoji wrote:Not interested. This feels to little too late.
Same here. What's the point of making a Black Widow movie in between Civil War and Infinity War when it should have come out, you know, in between that timeframe of 2016 and 2018? And given how she sacrificed herself in Endgame, her being in ANY danger in the movie is utterly pointless.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Then again I forget your the snarky guy who makes rather snarky comments around the site so what am I to say to you.
Unfortunately, I don't have a snarky response to what you just said.

Oh...Wait.

Nevermind.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote: And on-topic: haven't seen the Black Widow trailer yet. Will have to do that soon. As for MCU Hulk, I agree that he was handled awkwardly, but it's hard to blame Disney for struggling with him. It's hard to find a balance between 'rampaging monster made of pure rage' and 'hero that kids can root for' without some sort of awkwardness. Even the comics are constantly changing him.
The awkward handling of Hulk is probably a consequence of Universal holding the solo film rights, and the semi-retconning of the Edward Norton film making Hulk this kind of “big spectacle only” character with little room to develop as they can’t make any solo films to really explore the character. I think Ragnarok has been the sole film that handles Hulk (not Bruce Banner) real well.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:They really should had ended it with Far From Home which kinda served as sort of an epilogue to Endgame.
I mean, not really? It was very obviously setting up Peter becoming a full on hero and further shenanigans from SHIELD. Not to mention the end credit scene which EVERYONE would have been pissed if they never fully fulfilled.

Also, you're forgetting the real reason they're still going.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I mean, not really? It was very obviously setting up Peter becoming a full on hero and further shenanigans from SHIELD. Not to mention the end credit scene which EVERYONE would have been pissed if they never fully fulfilled.
I probably should had been clear and meant not putting in that post-credits.

That's just my opinion I do know they're keeping it going just for the money.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The post credits would've better lent itself as the actual ending of the film. Since... That'd be the main plot point of a Spider 3.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

News flash, everything in the world you like is done for the money.

As for Black Widow while it is a prequel and we know she will be fine we also know that any mcu hero is likely going to be fine outside an Avengers film anyway. No one thought Tony or Cap were in danger till Infinity war for example.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Bad news for Doctor Strange 2.

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/sta ... 1450953728

Of all the post-Endgame MCU films it just had to be that one...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Bad news for Doctor Strange 2.

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/sta ... 1450953728

Of all the post-Endgame MCU films it just had to be that one...
Damn, that sucks! I was really excited for that one, and it sounded like Marvel was really behind Derrickson's vision in all their recent comments! :(
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

eabaker wrote:Damn, that sucks! I was really excited for that one, and it sounded like Marvel was really behind Derrickson's vision in all their recent comments! :(
This and Guardians 3 were the only MCU films (Might go see Spider-Man 3 having grew up knowing the character and my brother probably wanting to see it if he comes into town next Summer) I was interested in seeing at this point being burned out by them after Endgame. It sucks because what made Doctor Strange stand out from other superhero films was its mystic arts and magic. The fact too this would had been an horror.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Ah, it's the early Phase 2 nightmare all over again. I love it. But yeah, I'm not surprised since Feige actually walked back the horror stuff recently.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

NSZ wrote:Ah, it's the early Phase 2 nightmare all over again. I love it. But yeah, I'm not surprised since Feige actually walked back the horror stuff recently.
What? That sucks. I was interested in that film the most because of the horror aspects. Ugh.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Guillermo del Toro is my nominated replacement for Doctor Strange 2.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Guillermo del Toro is my nominated replacement for Doctor Strange 2.
That is an awful choice IMO.

RIP Evan.