Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by The One and Only »

Peyton Reed will be returning to direct ANT-MAN 3.
https://www.newsarama.com/47693-ant-man ... eport.html
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It's funny that people always ask for What-If Scenarios, and actively get into heated arguments about who would win, when in reality the majority of comics rely on the fact that the person that should win, doesn't.
The only interesting what if story i can imagine is if the Spared and Snapped populations were reversed.

So like, Iron Man and most of the OG Avengers disappear instead.

Spider-Man, Quill, Strange, and Mantis have to get to Earth. Wanda, Fury, Bucky, and Falcon form the resistance. A more experienced Mysterio and his team actually join the Avengers as good guys. Ned and MJ grow older without Peter. Peter forms a romantic connection with Mantis. They can defeat Thanos without bringing anyone back.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It's funny that people always ask for What-If Scenarios, and actively get into heated arguments about who would win, when in reality the majority of comics rely on the fact that the person that should win, doesn't.
And it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the two characters trade off wins. Part of the intrigue between the endless "who would win: Batman vs. Superman?" debates is that Batman doesn't always win because it keeps the whole mystique intact.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

The One and Only
Futurian

Some bits from the upcoming, animated WHAT IF ?....
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Another day, another director bashes the MCU, except this time, it's coming from a guy who's in no position to be talking shit: Josh Trank, infamous director of the godawful Fantastic Four reboot, or Fant4shit.

Big words coming from a guy who made one of the worst comic book films of all time. I think somebody's just bitter Kevin Feige is about to make a much better Fantastic Four movie while he'll never be let near the director's chair of any movie ever again.

And of course, he deleted his account afterwards, but as David Crooks found out the hard way after bashing TotalBiscuit on Twitter, the internet forgets nothing and he effectively blacklisted himself from the industry with these tweets. Good fucking riddance.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Another day, another director bashes the MCU, except this time, it's coming from a guy who's in no position to be talking poop: Josh Trank, infamous director of the godawful Fantastic Four reboot, or Fant4shit.

Big words coming from a guy who made one of the worst comic book films of all time. I think somebody's just bitter Kevin Feige is about to make a much better Fantastic Four movie while he'll never be let near the director's chair of any movie ever again.

And of course, he deleted his account afterwards, but as David Crooks found out the hard way after bashing TotalBiscuit on Twitter, the internet forgets nothing and he effectively blacklisted himself from the industry with these tweets. Good skreeonking riddance.
This sounds like how Jared Leto was with 2019's Joker all over again. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KManX89 wrote:
And of course, he deleted his account afterwards, but as David Crooks found out the hard way after bashing TotalBiscuit on Twitter, the internet forgets nothing and he effectively blacklisted himself from the industry with these tweets. Good skreeonking riddance.

Really.

Blacklisted himself.

From the industry.

Not because of any of his infamous prissy style or bad films.

But because he tweeted bad about the MCU and deleted his twitter.

Like, hes still a stupid jealous shit but be realistic man.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Really.

Blacklisted himself.

From the industry.

Not because of any of his infamous prissy style or bad films.

But because he tweeted bad about the MCU and deleted his twitter.

Like, hes still a stupid jealous poop but be realistic man.
Wow i just realized how off the comment sounded now that you pointed it out. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Josh Trank already tanked his career for how he acted on set with his F4 film and then his comments just keep adding on. What he needs is a sequel to Chronicle where he can get back on track.

I also love how all filmmakers love to attack the MCU just because its popular and Endgame is the highest grossing movie now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

miguelnuva wrote: I also love how all filmmakers love to attack the MCU just because its popular and Endgame is the highest grossing movie now.

No. No, they aren't.

They're attacking it because it's strangling other forms of film out, is noticeably changing the trends in Hollywood for the worse, IMO the MCU has begun to decline in quality as it gets more and more rushed, and because Disney doesn't need more money.

Except Trank, he's a bitch.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: I also love how all filmmakers love to attack the MCU just because its popular and Endgame is the highest grossing movie now.

No. No, they aren't.

They're attacking it because it's strangling other forms of film out, is noticeably changing the trends in Hollywood for the worse, IMO the MCU has begun to decline in quality as it gets more and more rushed, and because Disney doesn't need more money.

Except Trank, he's a skreeonk.
That's not the MCU's fault that people prefer to watch the mcu films and like films based on the mcu. I preferred kotm to endgame but I'm not knocking endgame or Disney just because they had a part in kotm underperforming.

All those problems have more to due with people that cinema problems.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KManX89 wrote:Another day, another director bashes the MCU
Who the fuck cares?
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Another day, another director bashes the MCU, except this time, it's coming from a guy who's in no position to be talking poop: Josh Trank, infamous director of the godawful Fantastic Four reboot, or Fant4shit.

This sounds like how Jared Leto was with 2019's Joker all over again. :lol:
Yup, sour grapes because someone is or is about to do their job much better.

He's in no position to badmouth the MCU after making one of the worst comic book films of all time of ANY brand. He can still say it of course, but it has no sting coming from him. Even the worst of the MCU look like Oscar sweepers compared to Fant4shit. Hell, it even makes the Tim Story F4 movies look good, and THAT really is saying something.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kinda disagree.

Fant4shit was disgraceful, but let's not act like Chronicle wasn't one of the best super-powered films in the past decade.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:Kinda disagree.

Fant4shit was disgraceful, but let's not act like Chronicle wasn't one of the best super-powered films in the past decade.
It was which is why he should do his sequel, low budget again and make a comeback.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Kinda disagree.

It was which is why he should do his sequel, low budget again and make a comeback.
100% agree

The One and Only
Futurian

And this just dropped in.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mehhhh

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Looks a little better than I thought. Glad I have regal unlimited.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Not interested. This feels to little too late.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!