Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by KingKaiju »

Cookson wrote:So Tokyo Comic Con starts today. Maybe MAYBE we’ll see a poster or something. I’m sure Toho has a presence there.
Didn’t even realize that it was this weekend. Not expecting a trailer anything, but something would be nice.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm sure we'll hear the "Toho isn't Legendary" argument at some point today.

I expect a poster.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

You guys are gonna be let down. We’ve heard virtually NOTHING about something coming out today or tomorrow regarding Tokyo Comic-Con.

The best I can see happening is Toho announcing more of their plans regarding the World of Godzilla. Maybe more news on that rumor about a new anime movie.
Yooo 8-)

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm not expecting anything, so there wouldn't be much to be disappointed in if we don't get anything. It'd just be nice. An SHMA Kong would be cool... But I'm not holding my breath.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

JGAR wrote:You guys are gonna be let down. We’ve heard virtually NOTHING about something coming out today or tomorrow regarding Tokyo Comic-Con.

The best I can see happening is Toho announcing more of their plans regarding the World of Godzilla. Maybe more news on that rumor about a new anime movie.
Is there actually a rumor of a new anime movie right now? Would be cool. If I’m being honest, I’m ready to move on from the MV and focus on Tohos “World of Godzilla” plans etc.

When I think of something GvsKong related happening at Tokyo Comic Con, I don’t picture a panel... more of a new poster not seen before just happening to be up around Tohos booth or something.
Last edited by Cookson on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Today on The John Campea Show: "Has Godzilla Vs Kong Been Delayed And Pushed Back"

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

Nani wrote:
JGAR wrote:
Nani wrote:The validity of this has been debated I see but notice how this gif has a marker listed as “APEX primate”.
https://twitter.com/apex_sciences/statu ... 21319?s=21
Fan made
Yeah but the GIF looks like it’s from something not fan-made is what I getting at. Just interesting how that Map has a scrambled word near the top left and “Apex primate” for assume Kong near bottom.
What makes you think that GIF can't be fan made? It's two seconds of a scrolling map.
Not to mention, why would there be an "APEX Sciences" account? They already have the Monarch one, and Monarch is still a thing in-universe.
I get we're hoping for *anything* from the new movie, but this ain't it, chief.
Last edited by keizerkaiju on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

KingKaiju wrote:Today on The John Campea Show: "Has Godzilla Vs Kong Been Delayed And Pushed Back"
He just changed it to The Mandalorian.

Just shows you how much this franchise and King Kong are ignored by the masses and why it’s up to Legendary and WB to make non fans care again.
Yooo 8-)

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

I seriously don't understand why it's hard for people to understand that Godzilla vs Kong is NOT Toho's film. They are not the distributor. Thus, they would NOT be the ones to debut any new marketing material.

Added in 41 seconds:
JGAR wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Today on The John Campea Show: "Has Godzilla Vs Kong Been Delayed And Pushed Back"

Just shows you how much this franchise and King Kong are ignored by the masses and why it’s up to Legendary and WB to make non fans care again.
I don't think non fans ever really cared in the first place honestly

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

Moogabunga wrote:I seriously don't understand why it's hard for people to understand that Godzilla vs Kong is NOT Toho's film. They are not the distributor. Thus, they would NOT be the ones to debut any new marketing material.
Agree that they wouldn't be the ones to debut anything new, but they *do* distribute in Japan AFAIK.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

keizerkaiju wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:I seriously don't understand why it's hard for people to understand that Godzilla vs Kong is NOT Toho's film. They are not the distributor. Thus, they would NOT be the ones to debut any new marketing material.
Agree that they wouldn't be the ones to debut anything new, but they *do* distribute in Japan AFAIK.
You are absolutely correct. They’re the lone distributors in Japan.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Incorrect, well, incorrect on them not debuting any new marketing material because they already have at a licensing expo a month or two ago.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Added in 41 seconds:
JGAR wrote:

I don't think non fans ever really cared in the first place honestly
This is a problem I see in the fan base. We think we are more widespread than we actually are, but praise ourselves for being niche, and then get mad at having the qualities of a niche fanbase.

Edit: More specifically we think Godzilla is more culturally relevant than he is. While this is somewhat understandable, I think the issue is that while Godzilla is a household name, actual knowledge about the character in the wider audience is null. Sometimes I think us fans assume that because everyone knows about Godzilla, that they know as much about Godzilla as normal fans.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

JGAR wrote:

To be fair, they kinda already just talked about it 2 weeks ago..

https://youtu.be/sraS3bFeDXM

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Incorrect, well, incorrect on them not debuting any new marketing material because they already have at a licensing expo a month or two ago.
No, they didn't...

Added in 34 seconds:
dillonking55 wrote:
JGAR wrote:

To be fair, they kinda already just talked about it 2 weeks ago..

https://youtu.be/sraS3bFeDXM
Yeah, I didn't get it watch this yet, but I'm assuming they basically repeat every single word from before

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Moogabunga wrote: Yeah, I didn't get it watch this yet, but I'm assuming they basically repeat every single word from before
Basically. They just said that it's a little concerning, John said that it reminded him of another movie that's a disaster, but that it doesn't mean that this is the situation. They just ended saying that if there was something bad going on, then they would've heard about it since they know people, but they haven't heard anything.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The Jörmungandr rumors are really popping up now. Wonder if theirs amy truth. I do like his and Godzilla let's relationship if true.
Where is it popping up at? Would like to read
https://youtu.be/rL0S-wmcbHU

This sums it up. Basically there's 3 different people on the MV reddit saying Jörmungandr is in the film and the reason Godzilla does what he does he wants to keep Jörmungandr sleeping. They also imply if true Ghidorah was scared of him.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:
Cookson wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The Jörmungandr rumors are really popping up now. Wonder if theirs amy truth. I do like his and Godzilla let's relationship if true.
Where is it popping up at? Would like to read
https://youtu.be/rL0S-wmcbHU

This sums it up. Basically there's 3 different people on the MV reddit saying Jörmungandr is in the film and the reason Godzilla does what he does he wants to keep Jörmungandr sleeping. They also imply 8f true Ghidorah was scared of him.
Okay look i know i said i wasn't gonna comment on this thread till the trailer came out but..the fact it came from their makes this very hard to believe.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Moogabunga wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
No, they didn't...
Don't know what rock you were under when this happened but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3FHyDmhObe ... 5z0ngzb44w
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3F7qhLB2cS ... wq4dli9kdx
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3GT7aLBZSa ... 8ugyszassn

Inb4 "toys aren't marketing materials!!"

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
No, they didn't...
Don't know what rock you were under when this happened but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3FHyDmhObe ... 5z0ngzb44w
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3F7qhLB2cS ... wq4dli9kdx
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3GT7aLBZSa ... 8ugyszassn

Inb4 "toys aren't marketing materials!!"
Don't know what rock hit you in the head and did some damage, but uh...those toys aren't even from GvK