Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Godzillasaurus »

I'm sure Warner Bros will show SOMETHING at CCXP. Maybe not a trailer, but like a new poster or SOMETHING.... Like, right? One would think they wouldn't be that stupid to completely neglect showing anything from Godzilla vs Kong, but what do I know?

Also, it's pretty annoying that people in general are more hyped for a goddamn Harley Quinn movie than fucking Godzilla vs King Kong with a Hollywood budget...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't think anyone is hyped for BOP.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzillasaurus wrote:Also, it's pretty annoying that people in general are more hyped for a goddamn Harley Quinn movie than skreeonking Godzilla vs King Kong with a Hollywood budget...
I don't think it's healthy to be worried about who is more hyped about what. I wouldn't worry too much, and just enjoy things for yourself.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I would be good with a poster at this point... hell with the release date on it too for good measure to simply end... whatever we’re doing! Lol
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

If we are to get something at CCXP, I’d expect at least some new image or new poster. Probably something on MonarchSciences too

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:Also, it's pretty annoying that people in general are more hyped for a goddamn Harley Quinn movie than skreeonking Godzilla vs King Kong with a Hollywood budget...
I don't think it's healthy to be worried about who is more hyped about what. I wouldn't worry too much, and just enjoy things for yourself.
I understand. But Jesus, what reality is this? Harley Quinn was damn-well nearly unknown before Suicide Squad came out and then she suddenly became more popular than the likes of Godzilla and King Kong because she's pretty much the sexual fantasy of every male and female Tumblr-nerd
Last edited by Godzillasaurus on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Neither of those things are accurate lol.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Breaking news!
Spoiler:
Andy Serkis returns for Kong in Godzilla vs. Kong. The Staff threw CGI Motion Capture stickers on a Crocodile (Godzilla). Animal Handlers were hired to work with the crocodiles.

They threw Andy Serkis and a crocodile into a cage and Andy would wrestle with the crocodile. That's how they worked with the Motion Capture for the the fight in Godzilla vs. Kong.
Spoiler:
Sorry guys. I'm just bored. My roommate just came up with the idea and I had to share it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rodan95 wrote:Breaking news!
Spoiler:
Andy Serkis returns for Kong in Godzilla vs. Kong. The Staff threw CGI Motion Capture stickers on a Crocodile (Godzilla). Animal Handlers were hired to work with the crocodiles.

They threw Andy Serkis and a crocodile into a cage and Andy would wrestle with the crocodile. That's how they worked with the Motion Capture for the the fight in Godzilla vs. Kong.
Spoiler:
Sorry guys. I'm just bored. My roommate just came up with the idea and I had to share it.
Man that's a shame. I wonder how far this will push back the film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:Breaking news!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Man that's a shame. I wonder how far this will push back the film.
I know!
Spoiler:
Peta got involved. That's why the movie is delayed obviously :lol:

Cloverfield48
Samurai

Post by Cloverfield48 »

Hell...this thread is really crazy now. Okay, i guess what on december 8, on this panel they can show only 3 movies, honestly. Tenet, Dune and Godzilla vs. Kong. Because WW and Bop have their own panels. Other ones just can't be on this event. Maybe this weekend we will witness some first materials (poster or still). On Thanksgiving we will get teaser for trailer. On december 8 we get trailer.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Cloverfield48 wrote:Hell...this thread is really crazy now. Okay, i guess what on december 8, on this panel they can show only 3 movies, honestly. Tenet, Dune and Godzilla vs. Kong. Because WW and Bop have their own panels. Other ones just can't be on this event. Maybe this weekend we will witness some first materials (poster or still). On Thanksgiving we will get teaser for trailer. On december 8 we get trailer.
not happening. the film is PUSHED!

Added in 3 minutes 12 seconds:
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the movie is pushed back a full year. thats my estimated guess.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sonic wrote:
Cloverfield48 wrote:Hell...this thread is really crazy now. Okay, i guess what on december 8, on this panel they can show only 3 movies, honestly. Tenet, Dune and Godzilla vs. Kong. Because WW and Bop have their own panels. Other ones just can't be on this event. Maybe this weekend we will witness some first materials (poster or still). On Thanksgiving we will get teaser for trailer. On december 8 we get trailer.
not happening. the film is PUSHED!

Added in 3 minutes 12 seconds:
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the movie is pushed back a full year. thats my estimated guess.
Nah.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzillasaurus wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
I understand. But Jesus, what reality is this?Harley Quinn was damn-well nearly unknown before Suicide Squad came out and then she suddenly became more popular than the likes of Godzilla and King Kong because she's pretty much the sexual fantasy of every male and female Tumblr-nerd
This..is not accurate. At all. Harley may not be more popular than Godzilla and Kong in the traditional sense but i'm pretty sure FAR more people before Suicide Squad read her comics and saw some of the Batman Animated series episodes around her more than seeing either kaiju films. And what does it matter anyway? It's not gonna effect GVK so there's nothing to worry about.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

People need to recognize that a character being more popular than another doesn’t mean it’ll automatically make more $.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cookson wrote:People need to recognize that a character being more popular than another doesn’t mean it’ll automatically make more $.
True,it depends on the film's execution. And Birds of Preys seems to be lacking anything good. :lol: but still it isn't effecting GVK so arguing about it is pointless.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

If anyone pops into this thread on a sporadic basis and haven't had time to read the past 20 odd pages, I'll give you the Readers Digest version of it.

Its going to be delayed
No its not
Yes it is
You're stupid
We need a trailer
Something has gotta come out soon
Some guy on twitter said something
Looks like it wasn't true
Whens the trailer coming out?
Movie is probably going to get delayed
There is still hope
I doubt it
Shut up

And that's about it.

Oh and there were some Paul Walker jokes/discussion too.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:If anyone pops into this thread on a sporadic basis and haven't had time to read the past 20 odd pages, I'll give you the Readers Digest version of it.

Its going to be delayed
No its not
Yes it is
You're stupid
We need a trailer
Something has gotta come out soon
Some guy on twitter said something
Looks like it wasn't true
Whens the trailer coming out?
Movie is probably going to get delayed
There is still hope
I doubt it
Shut up

And that's about it.

Oh and there were some Paul Walker jokes/discussion too.
Makes sense. Also christmas songs.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly everyone of my comments for this thread are just bound to be "blah blah blah let's wait to see on the 8th,blah blah blah maybe Thanksgiving rumor is true,blah blah blah". So I'm not gonna comment on this thread till the trailer hits. If you need me I'll be stalking the general forums. :P

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd be too cliche if Kong n G showed up in the Hollow Earth and some of Kongs species were revealed to have migrated down there right?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.