The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

AllosaurHell wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
GOOD, you literally are better off not knowing because so many weirdo fans praise her as the greatest YouTuber of all time despite how false all her info is.

By the way, I agree that Minya should be in Smash Ultimate.
Ok, I looked her up, I DO know her, just never cared enough to look up her name.

nice to know I have another ally in my year long campaign.

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US SAKURAI!

DOZENS!

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Because troll content creators attract troll fans.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

You know, I've given it some thought and the weird dudes from deviantart and shit who just blatantly fetishize giant monsters are probably way less cringe than the actual fanbase who argue over power levels and toy articulation. There is some wisdom in the simplicity of those degenerates.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:You know, I've given it some thought and the weird dudes from deviantart and poop who just blatantly fetishize giant monsters are probably way less cringe than the actual fanbase who argue over power levels and toy articulation. There is some wisdom in the simplicity of those degenerates.
I concur.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Nothing in this fandom induces cringing in me to the same degree that seeing the word "cringe" used as an adjective does.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

eabaker wrote:Nothing in this fandom induces cringing in me to the same degree that seeing the word "cringe" used as an adjective does.
Dude stop being so cringe.

I agree though that the term is overused.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I agree though that the term is overused.
What should we use as an adjective instead? Distasteful? Ugly? Based and redpilled? Disgusting?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I agree though that the term is overused.
What should we use as an adjective instead? Distasteful? Ugly? Based and redpilled? Disgusting?
Shameful.
:shock:

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

There's also embarrassing.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

There is a perfectly good adjective derived from the word cringe: cringeworthy. Cringe-inducing serves as well.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

eabaker wrote:There is a perfectly good adjective derived from the word cringe: cringeworthy. Cringe-inducing serves as well.
People have to ruin words like everything else. If I were to say to someone 90's Gamera is edgy they'd think I'm being sarcastic and sayng lol "edgy" as in trying to be hardcore when in reality I mean his 90's films are legit edgy, as in he isn't trying to be hardcore, he just is. He acts out of character in G3 killing a lot of people and it's actually done well with good story reasons instead of just for the sake of looking "cool" or rebellious.

Now if you excuse me, I need to find that damn Chaos Emerald.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

eabaker wrote:There is a perfectly good adjective derived from the word cringe: cringeworthy. Cringe-inducing serves as well.
Yeah but that doesn't work well in a Youtube Video title. :P

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Yeah but that doesn't work well in a Youtube Video title. :P
I use it all the time,don't know what your talking about. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Didn't Heisei G cause a global extinction?

Or was it just Japan.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

"Vs Battle Wiki" Holy shit, that's some cringe kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Didn't Heisei G cause a global extinction?

Or was it just Japan.
I mean,that's just Burning,not base form (who could probably never do something like that)

But yeah,never trust vs.battle wiki for fantasy match speculation..EVER. :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Being into hypothetical fantasy matches is pretty cringe, ngl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:Being into hypothetical fantasy matches is pretty cringe, ngl.
Nah it's fun,when your doing it with a non biased person.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I mean, if he reaches meltdown the planet will die, but so does he so it's a moot point.