Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by BurningCoolMan »

I think test screenings were done in house this time to avoid plot leaks like with KOTM and Wonder Woman 84

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:Can anyone else confirm this?
Yeah it's legit. Not saying that we are getting the trailer, but the coordinates are right.

The only reason I'm hesitant to believe it is because we are supposed to get the WW84 trailer around that same time (which is confirmed unlike GvK). Why should WB market both of them around the same time? That's kinda strange. One will overshadow the other.

Unless,
Spoiler:
Its because WW84's test screenings were mixed so WB knows they have a dud on their hands.
Spoiler:
I don't really think a mixed screening means a dud. If anything i think this means WB has no faith in GVK.
Spoiler:
Idk if your a DC fan, if ya dont wanna know what happens in the movie, you dont have to rest the rest of this. Just giving you or anyone reading this a heads up.
Spoiler:
But the leaks are out and I sounds like a tonal mess and the way they bring Steve Trevor back is kinda lame. I loved the first one, if the leaks are legit, its mostly a Script problem - which is harder to correct before release than the editing. Now with GvK, I'm sure WB just wants to make sure the CGI looks legit enough before they start marketing the film. We dont need WB throwing out a half-assed CGI trailer like Paramount did with Sonic. Otherwise, the production would have to go back to the drawing board - which should delay to the film (like sonic). WW84 doesn't have CGI problems, it's the majority of the script itself.

I'm sure the reason why we havent have news for the movie is because the CGI is being worked on until it looks perfect. And GvK is CGI obviously heavy.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Spoiler:
CGI does take time. LOTS of time.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

yeah WW84 sounds like a major downgrade from the first one

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Test Screenings are by far the worst thing to happen to movies and are total garbage.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Test Screenings are by far the worst thing to happen to movies and are total garbage.
how so?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Test Screenings are by far the worst thing to happen to movies and are total garbage.
how so?
I alluded to it in the Star Wars thread, but it basically shows that the creators lack a definitive vision and are more interesting in having something that appeals to the most amount of people possible, rather than making a good film.

I'm sure that occasionally some constructive criticism can come out of it, or it can reveal an idea or concept might not have been executed fully/to the extent of what was going on, but it's just bad overall.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:
how so?
I alluded to it in the Star Wars thread, but it basically shows that the creators lack a definitive vision and are more interesting in having something that appeals to the most amount of people possible, rather than making a good film.
I was going to mention this in that thread but the conversation moved on: none of the Star Wars sequels have had test screenings so that rumor is undeniably false.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Um, just so we're clear, people are aware that test screenings aren't some newish, modern phenomenon...they've been happening for literally decades...
Last edited by Moogabunga on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Moogabunga wrote:Um, just so we're clear, people are aware that test screenings aren't some newish, modern phenomenon...they've been happening for literally decades...
I don't see how that statement negates anything that's been talked about so far.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

They can be helpful in some cases

Here's a fun video!

https://youtu.be/Fnvk9MNokPw
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chris55 wrote:

They can be helpful in some cases

Here's a fun video!

https://youtu.be/Fnvk9MNokPw
Definitely, but the video creator makes it clear it's important to not take aspects too seriously.
UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote: how so?
I was going to mention this in that thread but the conversation moved on: none of the Star Wars sequels have had test screenings so that rumor is undeniably false.
I stand corrected then.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote: how so?
They haven't had public test screenings that we can confirm. They have had plenty of in house test screenings. Rumors are Iger didn't like the first cut of TROS and other rumors say it was a selected test audiance.

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
Now on to Godzilla vs Kong, their is a youtuber I'm watching now who says an person that has been right before is confirming the bone white tips on the spines and a Titan above Godzilla.

Keep this with a grain of salt.

https://youtu.be/KR3zvKS7HGs
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:Um, just so we're clear, people are aware that test screenings aren't some newish, modern phenomenon...they've been happening for literally decades...
I don't see how that statement negates anything that's been talked about so far.
It doesn’t. But some act like it’s a trend that’s ruining movies when it’s been a pretty regular thing for quite a while.
GO GO GOJI KUN

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

miguelnuva wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: I alluded to it in the Star Wars thread, but it basically shows that the creators lack a definitive vision and are more interesting in having something that appeals to the most amount of people possible, rather than making a good film.
They haven't had public test screenings that we can confirm. They have had plenty of in house test screenings. Rumors are Iger didn't like the first cut of TROS and other rumors say it was a selected test audiance.

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
Now on to Godzilla vs Kong, their is a youtuber I'm watching now who says an person that has been right before is confirming the bone white tips on the spines and a Titan above Godzilla.

Keep this with a grain of salt.

https://youtu.be/KR3zvKS7HGs
some random guy on twitter is a terrible source

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

So supposedly the trailer will drop in December? I don't know, all of this sounds a bit much.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Shadowfyre wrote:So supposedly the trailer will drop in December? I don't know, all of this sounds a bit much.
That's what people are clinging onto. People really believe that Warner Bros/Legendary will only have a 3 month marketing campaign for Godzilla vs Kong - it's actually pretty funny

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Moogabunga wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:So supposedly the trailer will drop in December? I don't know, all of this sounds a bit much.
That's what people are clinging onto. People really believe that Warner Bros/Legendary will only have a 3 month marketing campaign for Godzilla vs Kong - it's actually pretty funny
Whats funny is you have no idea of the inner workings of their marketing strategy and are just as in the dark as the rest of us. Yet you act like you know what they are thinking.

I would think they would have announced a delay by now. But they haven't. I still feel its just taking time to get away from KOTM and have a shorter (cheaper) and more explosive marketing campaign
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

The Way Back trailer just came out today, if you don’t know it’s the Ben Affleck movie by Warner Bros that’s coming out a week before Godzilla vs. Kong.

As for the silence, the people hoping and guessing that this is still coming out in March, you can’t deny that this dust in the wind scenario is a abnormal for a movie of this size. If anything, they’re either A) gonna drop an explosive trailer that’s gonna rival the Infinity War trailer in terms of views and reception (and should preferably during a major event like the Thanksgiving games instead of a random day like December 10th when its buzz and hype will get drowned by Wonder Woman 1984 and any other major trailers that will for sure come out during the week of Jumanji and Star Wars IX) or B) they’re doing a great job trying to keep production troubles and horrible test screenings under wraps.
Yooo 8-)

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
Whats funny is you have no idea of the inner workings of their marketing strategy and are just as in the dark as the rest of us. Yet you act like you know what they are thinking.

I would think they would have announced a delay by now. But they haven't. I still feel its just taking time to get away from KOTM and have a shorter (cheaper) and more explosive marketing campaign
As much as I'm itching to see a trailer for this film, if this really is the marketing approach for the film then It'll honestly be quite refreshing. I remember when the first KOTM trailer was released and thinking....wow that was awesome.....but that was kind of a lot for a movie that's close to a year away still.