Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'd prefer a safe reintroduction of a classic character to a spontaneous garbage fire.
Some of us just want to watch the world burn. :twisted:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Can anyone else confirm this?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Gojira2K wrote:Can anyone else confirm this?
Mine has him on South America when I try Dec 7-8. On the 6, he’s in the mid Atlantic coming from Africa. Starting on Nov 22, he broke off his original route and swam north of Australia to all the way to South America.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Nani wrote:
Mine has him on South America when I try Dec 7-8. On the 6, he’s in the mid Atlantic coming from Africa. Starting on Nov 22, he broke off his original route and swam north of Australia to all the way to South America.
Does it actually say 2019? In mine it’s talking about 2018.

But yeah he’s in Brazil in December.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Nani wrote:
Does it actually say 2019? In mine it’s talking about 2018.

But yeah he’s in Brazil in December.
Yeah I have set for 2019 and it appears. Certainnly interested

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Well certainly interesting, maybe we will get it in December and the trailer will play with Rise of Skywalker. Works for me to be honest.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Oh well

Hopefully it’s good at least
Last edited by JGAR on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yooo 8-)

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

On Dec 8, 7:00 on Monarch Sciences, Godzilla is right in top of South America most north outpost. Think it may unlock?

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

I would really questions WB's support of this film if they end up releasing the first trailer the same time as the first one for Wonder Woman 84. I know WW84 will be their priority next year, but how about alil breathing room here?
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I would really questions WB's support of this film if they end up releasing the first trailer the same time as the first one for Wonder Woman 84. I know WW84 will be their priority next year, but how about alil breathing room here?
They invest 25% on the budget compared to Legendary’s 75%, so maybe not as much support as you may think.

Then again Godzilla 2014 had arguably one of the best marketing campaigns of all time so I don’t know.
Yooo 8-)

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'd prefer a safe reintroduction of a classic character to a spontaneous garbage fire.
[meditates on a secluded mountain for 40 days]

GOT IT! Ghidorah's head mutates into 2,000 ft long serpent named Manda.

I need you to send 50 million to my PayPal for editing and production costs, please and thank you.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I would really questions WB's support of this film if they end up releasing the first trailer the same time as the first one for Wonder Woman 84. I know WW84 will be their priority next year, but how about alil breathing room here?
If it gets delayed, it'll get enough breathing room. If not, then I'd question the decision to release the trailer alongside WW84's and a bit more than a week before Rise of Skywalker. Like, good job sandwiching your movie between the hype for two other films that are bound to be much bigger.
Last edited by keizerkaiju on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

keizerkaiju wrote:
If it gets delayed, it'll get enough breathing room. If not, then I'd question the decision to release the trailer alongside WW84's and a bit more than a week before Rise of Skywalker. Like, good job sandwiching your movie between the hype for two other films that are bound to be much bigger.
Agreed, the timing would just be weird to have both trailers come out together. I will say IF it gets delayed to August, I would love for the first trailer to drop during the Super Bowl. That would be a great way to kick off the marketing. First trailer beginning of February, second trailer the beginning of May, and drop a special "final look" at SDCC

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If the film gets pushed back to an August release,i could see the trailer coming out around May or so. If it gets pushed back to November though..not sure. Maybe around July?
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Yeah it's legit. Not saying that we are getting the trailer, but the coordinates are right.

The only reason I'm hesitant to believe it is because we are supposed to get the WW84 trailer around that same time (which is confirmed unlike GvK). Why should WB market both of them around the same time? That's kinda strange. One will overshadow the other.

Unless,
Spoiler:
Its because WW84's test screenings were mixed so WB knows they have a dud on their hands.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Rodan95 wrote:
Yeah it's legit. Not saying that we are getting the trailer, but the coordinates are right.

The only reason I'm hesitant to believe it is because we are supposed to get the WW84 trailer around that same time (which is confirmed unlike GvK). Why should WB market both of them around the same time? That's kinda strange. One will overshadow the other.

Unless,
Spoiler:
Its because WW84's test screenings were mixed so WB knows they have a dud on their hands.
Spoiler:
I don't really think a mixed screening means a dud. If anything i think this means WB has no faith in GVK.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

The thing about GvK is that it’s a versus movie which could be a marketing goldmine. I’d give you the chance to find potential sponsors for each party like Coke team Kong, Sprite team Godzilla etc. Plus these are iconic characters that most people know of. There’s just so much that you can do in terms of marketing a movie like this.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Warner Bros doesn’t do Super Bowl commercials, and although it’d be nice, I doubt they’d do one for this film and would rather release a Wonder Woman tv spot. The timing does however coincide with the release of Birds of Prey, so if not during the game, I could see the trailer come out during that week.

Added in 7 minutes 6 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:If the film gets pushed back to an August release,i could see the trailer coming out around May or so. If it gets pushed back to November though..not sure. Maybe around July?
If it gets pushed back to November, they would release a teaser in late May so it gets attached to Wonder Woman, followed by a lengthier trailer at Comic-Con and a final trailer in late September or early October.
Yooo 8-)

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

I usually don't enter this thread so I can avoid spoilers, but I'll take a peak in every now and then when the topic is non-spoilery, like right now...has there been any tests screenings for this movie? I have heard nothing about re-shoots, or test screenings, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I usually don't enter this thread so I can avoid spoilers, but I'll take a peak in every now and then when the topic is non-spoilery, like right now...has there been any tests screenings for this movie? I have heard nothing about re-shoots, or test screenings, etc.
I think two of them came around,but i think Legendary told everyone to keep quiet.