The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Gigantis »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?
Wow,that is some actual trash.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

...Why?
Just, why?
Eh, well you did bring it to the right place. People here deserve this.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

...Why?
Just, why?
Yeah, why ruin a good character by combining him with MV King Ghidorah?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, why ruin a good character by combining him with MV King Ghidorah?
As if anything at this point could ruin Sans. His own fandom, considered among the absolute worst, couldn't ruin him, what hope do they have?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

...Why?
Just, why?
I like Sans and Undertale, I like Ghidorah, but I hate this. I think in general I hate pointless pop culture mash-ups in general.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

...Why?
Just, why?
Kevin's real name is San.

San.

Sans.

Not excusing this just trying to explain where this thought process could come from.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

...Why?
Just, why?
Kevin's real name is San.

San.

Sans.

Not excusing this just trying to explain where this thought process could come from.
We gotta name Ghidorah's heads in Japanese because it's a Japanese monster...
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I call san Kevin. I don't support the meme i just like the name kevin.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

...Why?
Just, why?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I call san Kevin. I don't support the meme i just like the name kevin.
chaotic good

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Orichalcum wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Because.... he was making a westernized film?
Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?
Calling KOTM “pro-nuke” isn’t far off from calling the original Gojira pro-nuke. Both show the detonation of a superweapon as a necessary evil in order to save the world. If we say that KOTM supports nuclear weapons, then by the same logic, we have to say Ishiro Honda’s original film does as well.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LockBite wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Because.... he was making a westernized film?
Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?
Calling KOTM “pro-nuke” isn’t far off from calling the original Gojira pro-nuke. Both show the detonation of a superweapon as a necessary evil in order to save the world. If we say that KOTM supports nuclear weapons, then by the same logic, we have to say Ishiro Honda’s original film does as well.
Nope. Not even close. Nice try though.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LockBite wrote:
Orichalcum wrote: Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?
Nope. Not even close. Nice try though.
Please elaborate.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Did you miss the whole climax where the scientist sacrifices himself so that the world's next super weapon can never surface? I don't really think its arguing for the greater good of nukes.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Jetty_Jags wrote:Did you miss the whole climax where the scientist sacrifices himself so that the world's next super weapon can never surface? I don't really think its arguing for the greater good of nukes.
Clearly it isn’t, and that’s my point. Serizawa detonates the nuke knowing that none of this shit would be happening if humanity could contain its arrogance.

EDIT: Let’s continue this in the “Heroic Godzilla” MV thread. I should’ve searched for that before digging up an old quote in this thread. My bad :-x
Last edited by LockBite on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

This YouTube channel. This fucking YouTube channel. That's all I'm saying:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVtsQ ... k2Q/videos

I swear there were more Godzilla videos. He must've deleted some.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

RIP Evan.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
GOOD, you literally are better off not knowing because so many weirdo fans praise her as the greatest YouTuber of all time despite how false all her info is.

By the way, I agree that Minya should be in Smash Ultimate.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

You and I had this exact conversation a few months ago. Funny how history repeats itself as long as those idiots remain.