What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Fish Cakes »

Just made use of the blocking feature on this site for the first time. Supporting forced pregnancy is fucking disgusting.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.
Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.
That's like one step away from raping women and holding them captive till they give birth to babies conceived by rape.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy. Lo and behold, I'm proven wrong.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

NSZ wrote:I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy. Lo and behold, I'm proven wrong.
A lot of pro-lifers come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Holy shit.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming he wants em)
"Assuming the man is present, or is decidedly not a rapist", I take it, were the words left out there.
Last edited by M.U.T.O. on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

M.U.T.O. wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming he wants em)
Assuming the man is present, or is decidedly not a rapist, of course.
Yeah definitely, re-edited my post.

As long as the dude isn't some rapist or something.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

NSZ wrote:I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy.
I did.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)
This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:

This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.
Definitely, both parents should decide.

The kidnap part is definitely a crime though lol, not touching that one.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

But the woman is the one whose body is effected and giving birth.

I don't get why anyone in this hypothetical scenario would even want to have a child with a woman that clearly doesn't want to have a baby. Like if I ever have a child, of course it would be with someone that feels the same and wants to be a parent. It's crazy that this is an actual argument.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Meh, not really an argument, just a discussion.

It's the womans body yes. But it's the man who gets her pregnant, therefore he deserves some say in the matter. (Once again not condoning the forced stuff, just regular everyday couples). It's also their responsibility before hand to decide how they're going to approach that next step. If they use protection, then neither of them want kids, but if they mess around without it? They end up playing Russian Roulette and are forced into these kinds of discussions.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

I don't get why anyone in this hypothetical scenario would even want to have a child with a woman that clearly doesn't want to have a baby. Like if I ever have a child, of course it would be with someone that feels the same and wants to be a parent. It's crazy that this is an actual argument.
I..don't remember this part coming up. Who wants to have a child with a woman who doesn't want any? I don't!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Definitely, both parents should decide.

I..don't remember this part coming up. Who wants to have a child with a woman who doesn't want any? I don't!
The point I'm trying to make, is that many people make anti-abortion arguments based on the framework of what the guy wants in that scenario. I'm pointing out that the majority of people, including general people who are anti-abortion, would agree with my sentiment. In other words, people are arguing hypothetically for a scenario that rarely does not exist, and is still insanely creepy and wrong should it.

If people have moral obligations against abortions, and think it's life, that's fine, for themselves, and I respect that reasoning. However, we also don't apply a blanket statement and make laws based on what some people may believe.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Am I the one Fish Cakes blocked? Just like that, no debate, zero to sixty in no time flat? Over a fictional scenario? I could just as easily scream that slaughtering babies is skreeonking disgusting and block her.

And Living Corpse... back up and read what you said. Jesus. I haven't seen the movie in question so I don't know exactly how the initial story played out, but it seems like there is a BIG goddamn step in between those, and either way the LIVES OF BABIES are on the table here. It isn't 100% about the mothers, and don't forget that. Again, this is coming from someone who is pro-choice.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Holy fuck dude, put the shovel down and stop digging yourself deeper.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

JAGzilla wrote:the LIVES OF BABIES are on the table here. It isn't 100% about the mothers, and don't forget that.
Sure, disregard that the mother was kidnapped and forced to give birth against her will. Are women just fetus incubators, or are they also people whose opinions and wants and needs matter too -- like the babies you claim to defend? You're really not helping your case. Sorry, man.
Last edited by M.U.T.O. on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Okay, let's stop this discussion right here and now. This is definitely NOT the place to erupt into this kind of argument, so I will ask ONLY ONCE that we move on and leave this be. Otherwise, warnings will be handed out. Take this to the PM's, please. PLEASE.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Halloween is only once a year. :c
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."