The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2505
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Wow,that is some actual trash.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10667
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:24 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Eh, well you did bring it to the right place. People here deserve this.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14200
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:56 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Yeah, why ruin a good character by combining him with MV King Ghidorah?
Image

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, why ruin a good character by combining him with MV King Ghidorah?

As if anything at this point could ruin Sans. His own fandom, considered among the absolute worst, couldn't ruin him, what hope do they have?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6573
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:22 am

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?

I like Sans and Undertale, I like Ghidorah, but I hate this. I think in general I hate pointless pop culture mash-ups in general.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:06 am

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Kevin's real name is San.

San.

Sans.


Not excusing this just trying to explain where this thought process could come from.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6573
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:37 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Kevin's real name is San.

San.

Sans.


Not excusing this just trying to explain where this thought process could come from.

We gotta name Ghidorah's heads in Japanese because it's a Japanese monster...
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
SuperPawnageGigan
Interpol Agent
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Xiliens Lair

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SuperPawnageGigan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:36 am

I call san Kevin. I don't support the meme i just like the name kevin.
8-BIT MADNESS
Image
2 Friends having a good time.
Image

User avatar
Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Dino-Mario » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image

...Why?
Just, why?


Image
Image Image

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4960
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby 2004Zilla » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 pm

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I call san Kevin. I don't support the meme i just like the name kevin.

chaotic good
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
LockBite
Interpol Agent
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LockBite » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Orichalcum wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Because.... he was making a westernized film?

Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?

Calling KOTM “pro-nuke” isn’t far off from calling the original Gojira pro-nuke. Both show the detonation of a superweapon as a necessary evil in order to save the world. If we say that KOTM supports nuclear weapons, then by the same logic, we have to say Ishiro Honda’s original film does as well.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6573
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 pm

LockBite wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Because.... he was making a westernized film?

Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?

Calling KOTM “pro-nuke” isn’t far off from calling the original Gojira pro-nuke. Both show the detonation of a superweapon as a necessary evil in order to save the world. If we say that KOTM supports nuclear weapons, then by the same logic, we have to say Ishiro Honda’s original film does as well.

Nope. Not even close. Nice try though.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
LockBite
Interpol Agent
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LockBite » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LockBite wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Ah, is that why the film sports such a pro-nuke message?

Calling KOTM “pro-nuke” isn’t far off from calling the original Gojira pro-nuke. Both show the detonation of a superweapon as a necessary evil in order to save the world. If we say that KOTM supports nuclear weapons, then by the same logic, we have to say Ishiro Honda’s original film does as well.

Nope. Not even close. Nice try though.

Please elaborate.

User avatar
Jetty_Jags
Yojimbo
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:27 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Jetty_Jags » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Did you miss the whole climax where the scientist sacrifices himself so that the world's next super weapon can never surface? I don't really think its arguing for the greater good of nukes.
He Jock it Made of Steel

User avatar
LockBite
Interpol Agent
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LockBite » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Jetty_Jags wrote:Did you miss the whole climax where the scientist sacrifices himself so that the world's next super weapon can never surface? I don't really think its arguing for the greater good of nukes.

Clearly it isn’t, and that’s my point. Serizawa detonates the nuke knowing that none of this poop would be happening if humanity could contain its arrogance.

EDIT: Let’s continue this in the “Heroic Godzilla” MV thread. I should’ve searched for that before digging up an old quote in this thread. My bad :-x
Last edited by LockBite on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 pm

This YouTube channel. This skreeonking YouTube channel. That's all I'm saying:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVtsQ ... k2Q/videos

I swear there were more Godzilla videos. He must've deleted some.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby AllosaurHell » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm

AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.


Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby AllosaurHell » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.


Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

GOOD, you literally are better off not knowing because so many weirdo fans praise her as the greatest YouTuber of all time despite how false all her info is.

By the way, I agree that Minya should be in Smash Ultimate.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 pm

AllosaurHell wrote:I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, Alteori is the biggest cringe in the Godzilla fandom and her thumbnails and titles are so misleading, she recently uploaded a video about "Powerful Monsterverse Kaiju" or something close to that but she put Shin Godzilla's third form as the thumbnail... She seriously needs to get a reality check and stop making videos already, I'm shocked she has that many fans to be honest and how anyone can defend her is beyond me.

You and I had this exact conversation a few months ago. Funny how history repeats itself as long as those idiots remain.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest