My Little Pony G5 discussion thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

My Little Pony G5 discussion thread.

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:59 am

Here's to hoping this becomes more active than the last one. :lol:

So it's pretty clear that after G4's big success.Hasbro wasn't gonna let the franchise go to waste. The creators of Friendship is Magic knew since mid 2017 season 9 would be the finale to make way for the next generation of MLP..said next Gen got leaked January of last year.

So now the adventures of Twilight Sparkles and her friends have come to an end,the book quite.literally closing on them. What's next? Who knows really.

Lots of fans got a good look at possible concept art for it and...yeah its kinda weird.
Spoiler:
I mean I get why Pinkie is a Pegasus ( refetence to Suprise from G1)but Twilight's a Earth Pony? Fluttershy is a Unicorn?

Now tbf,this most likely isn't what the final show will be like. It could very well just be the designers testing put how they look. We could have a brand new group which imo,sounds like a much better idea. Other things that came out is concept art for the new lands,and how there's suppose to be a
Spoiler:
gateway to mutiple worlds,since Earth Ponies Unicorn and Pegasi don't live in the same world in this continuity.
There's suppose to be inspiration from G4,Gravity Falls,Steven Universe and Star vs. The forces of Evil
So what so you guys think? What direction should MLP go next? Leave a suggestion down below!
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mr_Krenicboy
Ronin

Re: My Little Pony G5 discussion thread.

Postby Mr_Krenicboy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Yeah I don't think g5 and to that extent this thread will gain much traction. FIM was lighting in a bottle and imo kinda irreplaceable.

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:07 pm

https://www.equestriadaily.com/search/l ... ony%20Life

Apparently, this is what the next series will look like. Will air on 2020 on Discovery Family
Image Image

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Lame. I was hoping for a whole new approach from the ground up, new characters and everything, not an inferior reskin of what we've had for the last nine years. Oh, well. My years as a full-time brony, incredibly fun and educational as they were, are behind me now, and I wasn't really planning to go all in with G5 either way.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:07 am

JAGzilla wrote:Lame. I was hoping for a whole new approach from the ground up, new characters and everything, not an inferior reskin of what we've had for the last nine years. Oh, well. My years as a full-time brony, incredibly fun and educational as they were, are behind me now, and I wasn't really planning to go all in with G5 either way.

Now hold on Jag! This isn't supposed to be G5,rather a G4.5 made to bridge the gap between the other two. So G5 itself could still be a completely different ball game like the leaks are saying.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
Now hold on Jag! This isn't supposed to be G5,rather a G4.5 made to bridge the gap between the other two. So G5 itself could still be a completely different ball game like the leaks are saying.

Ah, okay. Here's hoping, then!

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:25 am

Plus, a CGI movie is coming in 2021, pretty sure it'll be a pilot of sorts for G5.
Image Image

Mr_Krenicboy
Ronin

Postby Mr_Krenicboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:46 pm

I had some crazy ideas for what I would make my own Gen of MLP would be like. How's this: Cadence and Luna are Celestia's daughters. All 3 rule their own kingdoms. Luna rules the Unicorns. Cadence rules the Pegasus. And Celestia rules the Earth Pones. Each send 2 of there subjects(the mane 6) about on missions to bring Harmony amongst the 3 kingdoms.

Return to “Media Center”