What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by goji89 »

G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Used to have a very redneck family living next to me who would let their garbage pile up on the fence we share.
Didn't realize this was you and your dad
Bravo! Bravo!........ :lol:

I mean.......5 stars.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I'm a confrontational person I guess. But only in my head and online. Sorry I misjudged, GojiDog, and thanks for explaining. I misspoke I suppose.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.
Doesn't really bother me because i wake up at 5 to 6 in the morning everyday,even when i go to bed at 1 or so in the morning. Guess i'm just used to it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.
Doesn't really bother me because i wake up at 5 to 6 in the morning everyday,even when i go to bed at 1 or so in the morning. Guess i'm just used to it.
Wait till you get older. Ugh.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into conformity.
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

eabaker wrote:
There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into a conformity.
Dude what the actual fuck? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:Dude what the actual fuck? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.
I think eabaker's actually agreeing with Beast Blood here, unless I'm misunderstanding something. He's basically lamenting that "regular" sleep schedules are treated as inviolable while someone who has to sleep odd hours (people who work swing or graveyard shifts, for instance) don't get the same respect
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Living Corpse wrote:
eabaker wrote:
There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into conformity.
And I said that people should let him get that sleep. That his need to sleep should be respected.

What the fuck are you snapping at me for?

Added in 46 seconds:
G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Dude what the actual fuck? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.
I think eabaker's actually agreeing with Beast Blood here, unless I'm misunderstanding something. He's basically lamenting that "regular" sleep schedules are treated as inviolable while someone who has to sleep odd hours (people who work swing or graveyard shifts, for instance) don't get the same respect
Thank you. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping shit/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some shit.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

eabaker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
eabaker wrote:
And I said that people should let him get that sleep. That his need to sleep should be respected.

What the fuck are you snapping at me for?
Ah, I misunderstood. Apologies.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping shit/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some shit.
Those are some weird friends. I'd never judge someone for drinking the only day they could based on their schedule
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping shit/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some shit.
Ah, yes, because as we all know, drinking naturally evolved in humans based on our hard-wired impulse to become intoxicated specifically on days associated with Venus and Saturn. Drinking on a day named for the moon?! Clearly aberrant, perhaps even sociopathic behavior.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the fuck out of you topic.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.
Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

This can only end well
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

He essentially Rorschach'd 3 women.

You may hate him for it, and it may absolutely be terrible, but he did it for a greater good.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.
Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.
I disagree with this so,so,so,so,so,so,so,so,so VERY much. Okay i get it though,i understand that you feel everyone should have a chance at life but..no. I don't understand that psycho's motivation. People should at least be able to understand that if someone they know is pregnant but can't take care of the baby,they can always abort it. It's terrible to think about an unborn infant being pretty much cut to bits but sometimes it just has to happen. Especially in more..um,messed up situations (rape,especially for the underaged). That man had no right to do what he did and should be thrown in jail and the mom is almost near psychopathic.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

G2000 wrote:This can only end well
I mean, at least it's diverting to try to figure out which commenters do and do not process that LC was posting about a fictional character.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote:
G2000 wrote:This can only end well
I mean, at least it's diverting to try to figure out which commenters do and do not process that LC was posting about a fictional character.
Yeah well at least that's tru-HEY!