Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by Destorogoji »

That looks cool!

I did the same with my Mothra, but it's a lot more simple, just some black, white, terracotta and orange to highlight the already beautiful sculpt

Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I don’t need SHMA anymore.
Made some more MAJOR modifications to my Neca Godzilla 2019. Moved the largest spine from the upper body to the lower body, cut a good portion out of the back of the neck, moved the last spine on the neck to the main body, then I went and messed with the sockets for the neck and head some more to get more range out of them. Now this guy can actually move Image Image Image
Now this figure can actually stand up straight
before and afters
Image Image

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Well godzilla1541, I don't know how you're able to do it. Even though I own four other variants of this sculpt it still killed me to cut this guy up:

I removed a few millimeters from the neck to make it shorter, added an articulation joint using some old Bionicle peices and removed the jaw and lower teeth to give him a closed mouth. Honestly I think that my changes improved the overall accuracy to the 1968 suit.

More to come and also a hint:
This isn't 1968........

UPDATE:

I painted the modified mouth and added damage to his left eye and swelling to his left brow. (Not shown, but I also added cuts to his right hand.)

All that's left to do is fix any mistakes and paint him!

UPDATE:

My Godzilla 1971 is finished! I applied a grey wash to pop out the sculpt and dirtied it with some light brown. I also added some tan to the right hand and his left brow to highlight the damages made by Hedorah.

Last edited by godzilla98rules on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

godzilla98rules wrote: I removed a few millimeters from the neck to make it shorter, added an articulation joint using some old Bionicle peices and removed the jaw and lower teeth to give him a closed mouth. Honestly I think that my changes improved the overall accuracy to the 1968 suit.

More to come and also a hint:
This isn't 1968........

UPDATE:

I painted the modified mouth and added damage to his left eye and swelling to his left brow. (Not shown, but I also added cuts to his right hand.)

All that's left to do is fix any mistakes and paint him!

UPDATE:

My Godzilla 1971 is finished! I applied a grey wash to pop out the sculpt and dirtied it with some light brown. I also added some tan to the right hand and his left brow to highlight the damages made by Hedorah
Looks Great!
Lol yeah I’m kinda Numb to cutting up figures now. Especially since I do it so often when customizing.

Made some Major modifications to the Neca GMK Godzilla. Basically resculpted the entire face. More photos soon Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

God, I’ve always hated that snarl. Well done, hopefully NECA will resculpt the figure for it’s inevitable poster box re-release.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Custom Neca Godzilla 2001! Pretty much resculpted the entire face, and I fixed the posture of the whole figure. ImageImage Image Image ImageImage

Here’s a comparison with my original repaint of this Figure from two years ago. Improvements have been made in that time ImageImageImage Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

godzilla1541 wrote:Custom Neca Godzilla 2001! Pretty much resculpted the entire face, and I fixed the posture of the whole figure. [bunch of images]
Ah, yes, that new face is SO much better. Original NECA sculpt was okay, but the removal of the gums and the smaller nostrils definitely brings it closer to the suit design.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Got to agree. I like NECA's sculpt as it is, but that looks way better......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html

R.I.P. George Root III

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Gave my Neca Mothra a Waist Joint and a fresh coat of paint on the body ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I did something Crazy to my Neca 2019 ImageImage

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

godzilla1541 wrote:I did something Crazy to my Neca 2019 ImageImage
Nevermind image wasn't showing

Oops
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Ok so I have to post full gallery’s on two customs already (a 64 emergence repaint and the Custom 2019 2.0) but here’s a look at another figure I’m working on Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Goji 55?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Goji 55?
Yep!
Progress

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Custom Figure: SHMA Godzilla 1964 emergence Repaint! ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Custom Figure: Neca Godzilla 2019 2.0! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Feedback and Critique is appreciated!
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Custom Figure: Neca Godzilla 1955 Image Image ImageImageImageImage

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Great job on that '55!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Jeez, man. Please take over NECA's job already! You're too good at this!

R.I.P. George Root III

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Did some custom painting work on the bootleg Bandai memorial box 1984 Godziila. Sculpt has great detail to work with. They must have the molds as the flange of the head and legs has a clear '84 stamp plus all the bandai stamps on the bottom of the foot.

Before (auction photo):

After
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Did some custom painting work on the bootleg Bandai memorial box 1984 Godziila. Sculpt has great detail to work with. They must have the molds as the flange of the head and legs has a clear '84 stamp plus all the bandai stamps on the bottom of the foot.

Before (auction photo):

After
That Looks Fantastic!