Composer for GvK?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What composer do you want for GvK?

Bear McCreary (KOTM, God of War)
50%
Michael Giacchino (Jurassic World, Far from Home)
17%
Ramin Djawadi (Pacific Rim, Game of Thrones)
No votes
Hans Zimmer (any Christopher Nolan movie)
No votes
Junkie XL (Alita, Batman v Superman)
No votes
Alan Silvestri (Avengers: Endgame, RPO)
11%
Other
22%

Total votes: 18

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Composer for GvK?

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So, I was wondering what composer could score Godzilla vs. Kong. I would like for Bear to return, but if he can't, my next choice would be Ramin Djawadi.

NOTE: If there's already a thread with this topic, let me know.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Composer for GvK?

Post by Gigantis »

Now i loved Bear's work,but i'm gonna be realistic and say i don't think he's coming back for GvK. Michael was rumored but said it wasn't happening,yet it's not too late so it could potentially. But Ramin is the one i want,his score for Pacific Rim was just majestic! Imagine hearing that while Kong and Godzilla fight!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Lets go Ramin.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd give that German composer from Joker a shot tbh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.

Venom
Ronin

Post by Venom »

I hope it's Bear but if not, then Dave Jordan because he makes really good music for the MCU

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

I don't think anyone's ever gonna top Bear McCreary for MV Soundtracks (right up there with the greats like Ifukube himself IMO, his Ghidorah and Rodan themes are just as iconic as their Showa themes, then there's Goodbye Old Friend) and he's definitely my top pick, but let's see what happens. Maybe I'll be surprised! I would love Ramin as well, since the PR score was pretty great (albeit not as iconic as KOTM).
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm kinda shocked no ones voted for Michael yet. He could actually boost the film in popularity considering how famous he is in the movie industry now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Floroskull
Samurai

Post by Floroskull »

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm kinda shocked no ones voted for Michael yet. He could actually boost the film in popularity considering how famous he is in the movie industry now.
I voted for him, I loved his Cloverfield score and think he could really add something unique yet familiar to the Monsterverse. I know he said he wasn't going to but I'd love for it to happen.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I vote Alexandre Desplat
GO GO GOJI KUN

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

rob559 wrote:Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.
Absolutely this
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
rob559 wrote:Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.
Absolutely this
Seconded! Bear McCreary breathed new life into the Akira Ifukube scores, it would be wonderful to hear his rendition of the 1933 Kong themes! Or even anyone else if they can pull it off this well.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Where did Michael say he wasn't doing Godzilla vs Kong's score?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Where did Michael say he wasn't doing Godzilla vs Kong's score?
His Twitter account sometime earlier this month. Rumor had it he was composing but he said no. But i think he followed up with that he would love to compose a future Godzilla film so there's that!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Think we might get some kind of tease on November 3rd?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean scoring has to be complete or damn near so. Yahoo is trying to say Giacchino but he has denied it himself.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I mean scoring has to be complete or damn near so. Yahoo is trying to say Giacchino but he has denied it himself.
Bunch of yahoos
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Maybe there just saving all the news for a short but very strong marketing campaign. I mean it isn't unheard of and could work in the films favor.

Anyway I am sure they already have had a composer and it's near completion.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

I'm still hoping for Bear McCreary. I'd love to hear the leitmotif he gives Kong!

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

It's getting weird, that there's not a composer announced yet. Of course, it's entirely possible that the music is already done, and they're just choosing to keep the name under wraps...but why would they? Not like it'd be some Earth-shattering news like...they got John Williams for GvK!
Maybe...Wingard composed the music himself. He's done it a few times in past movies, so it's possible (and it could be the reason there hasn't been an announcement).
Maybe he got someone from "Zombi". Or Atticus Ross. Both have worked w him before (and how badass would it be to have Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor composing for GvK?).
Maybe it's someone else. But the situation bugs me a great deal bc you'd think that announcing a composer for your movie is a great way to get the fans and the media to talk about it, without revealing anything about the movie itself.
If there's no delay and they're just waiting to drop the name along w the trailer, so be it. Strange decision, but what can you do.
Last edited by keizerkaiju on Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.