How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Re: Reiwa Ghidorah: How do you want him?

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

An End Game Thanos type villain in a Destroy All Monsters type movie. Really building up to the fact that he's coming too.

From there, they could start doing different things with him. Like having him fight and be defeated by new monsters, that later go on to challenge Godzilla. Maybe a team up movie where him and Godzilla team up, before turning on each other. Him and Mechagodzilla together have to happen at some point too.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't want him at all. We've seen entirety too much Ghidorah in the last few decades, and he needs to be shelved for a few years. Bring in something new or give Spacegodzilla or Destoroyah a chance to be true Big Bads.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

If they do use him id like them to expand on the ghidorah from the 4k ride, which acts very alien in it.

Though i will say it would be a hard sell, i feel ghidorah in kotm was one of the best interpretations of the character

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

JAGzilla wrote:I don't want him at all. We've seen entirety too much Ghidorah in the last few decades, and he needs to be shelved for a few years. Bring in something new or give Spacegodzilla or Destoroyah a chance to be true Big Bads.
Here! Here! Amen, brotha!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

H-Man wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:I don't want him at all. We've seen entirety too much Ghidorah in the last few decades, and he needs to be shelved for a few years. Bring in something new or give Spacegodzilla or Destoroyah a chance to be true Big Bads.
Here! Here! Amen, brotha!
Well you two keep dreaming,but let's be honest, it ain't coming true.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Honestly, the MonsterVerse version was probably my favorite version of the creature, and I really dug the Lovecraftian take on him that the Anime films did, way more than I thought I would (he was the best thing in the trilogy for sure). And even before that, he's been a space alien, a genetic experiment made up of creatures from the future, we saw him get turned into a cyborg, have hypno-powers, and even the odd twist of him being an ancient guardian.

It'd be very hard for me to come up with something new or interesting to do with him that wasn't already covered in those films.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Well you two keep dreaming,but let's be honest, it ain't coming true.
*dreaming intensifies*
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I hope for a blend of the Ghidorah from Godzilla x Evangelion and the Ghidorah from Planet Eater.
Basically Showa Ghidorah with an alien cult spreading his word. Think of Galactus and the Silver Surfer, where either Xilliens or Exif work as "heralds" of Ghidorah, arriving at preselected worlds, spreading their religion and attracting Ghidorah to that planet for consumption.
Also, he doesn't need to be extremely OP to devour worlds; let's say he works as a leech, arriving at a planet, using his gravity beams to absorb the planet's core energy and faith, and then leaving for the next world.
I think that could work just fine for the relation between aliens and Ghidorah while giving it a fresh air.

Oh, and he really needs to have the manes back.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Full eldritch abomination. I had an idea of Ghidorah being a space parasite, using wormholes to travel through space by folding our dimension, creating an entry hole into the "other-dimension" and then traveling through the "other-dimension" space to reach the other side of the wormhole into the select target. Having to squeeze through the wormhole compresses his size and thus he grows from the energy of a solar system's planets and stars. After he successfully destroys a solar system, he begins to get hungry again, thus repeating the cycle.
As for his design, make him look ALIEN for once rather than just a 3 headed golden dragon. Bifurcated jaws, multiple eyes, weird lovecraft time-vortex thingy inside of him instead of standard innards, etc.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Gawdziller1954 wrote:Full eldritch abomination. I had an idea of Ghidorah being a space parasite, using wormholes to travel through space by folding our dimension, creating an entry hole into the "other-dimension" and then traveling through the "other-dimension" space to reach the other side of the wormhole into the select target. Having to squeeze through the wormhole compresses his size and thus he grows from the energy of a solar system's planets and stars. After he successfully destroys a solar system, he begins to get hungry again, thus repeating the cycle.
As for his design, make him look ALIEN for once rather than just a 3 headed golden dragon. Bifurcated jaws, multiple eyes, weird lovecraft time-vortex thingy inside of him instead of standard innards, etc.
I don't like him being a parasite that "feeds" off Earth or any of the monsters. He should just destroy for the hell of it.

And while I like the idea of humans worshiping kaiju (i think they would in real life if creatures resembling stuff from ancient religions and myths surfaced), i don't want them to be super lovecraftian with King Ghidorah. If they want a more lovecraft inspired monster, they should just make a totally new monster and not completely change King Ghidorah.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Yeah I’m on this one with having enough of King Ghidorah.
We’ve a weird but creative interpretation from Planet Eater, a fantastic modern incarnation from KOTM and a just as weirdly counterpart for Shin in the Godzilla vs Evangelion ride. It would be nice to have another villain shine...but we know that won’t happen. So I all I can say that I hope they give him more alien features and abilities like what they did with Planet Eater and GVEG.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I guess we all can agree Lovecraftian Ghidorah is the next logical step for him (except for the people who want Toho to leave him rest and for the people still hyped with that awful KoTM Ghiddy).
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Destorogoji wrote:I guess we all can agree Lovecraftian Ghidorah is the next logical step for him (except for the people who want Toho to leave him rest and for the people still hyped with that awful KoTM Ghiddy).
I disagree.

We saw it in the anime trilogy. Interesting idea for a one shot series, but I want to see my outer space Ghidorah back. Involving himself in all sorts of different plots in unique ways. If they want a Lovecraftian villain, they should just introduce a new monster. Mechagodzilla and Ghidorah alike should be updated versions of their Showa counter parts, imo. Just on a much grander scale.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Destorogoji wrote:I guess we all can agree Lovecraftian Ghidorah is the next logical step for him (except for the people who want Toho to leave him rest and for the people still hyped with that awful KoTM Ghiddy).
Quite the unpopular opinion there. Mind explaining why?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Something like Grand King or Legendary Ghidorah design wise with some Lovecraftian elements.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Reiwa Mothra... How do you want her?

Post by Vakanai »

tyrantgoji wrote:I actually changed Godzilla loosing twice to just him faking a defeat. Mothra thinks he's gone,but unbeknownst to her,she's being followed. ..

And the only one egg thing,eh,that can be retconed.
Still don't want Mothra losing an egg, retcon or not.
_JNavs_ wrote:I think they should bring back the Twin Larvas, one ends up like Leo and the other ends up as Battra.
I still prefer that Mothra and Battra be similar but different species. I'd much rather have twin Mothras dealing with one Battra. We've never got two adult Mothras before despite having twin Mothras in the Showa era, so I'd really just want to see two adult twin Mothras rather than one turning all Battra.

Added in 7 minutes 37 seconds:
Also, to all the people who go on and on about how Mothra and Godzilla should always butt heads - KotM was a very special case because, for the first time since the late Showa era, we had a heroic Godzilla. They weren't opposites for once, but both protectors.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Basically I want the same design and especially(!) powers as we got on that Shin Goji vs NGE 4D ride, but bigger.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

KOTM Ghidorah... awful? And this... why?
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah

Added in 4 minutes 25 seconds:
Mmm... I would like to see Reiwa Ghidorah again as a planet destroyer alien, like the Showa one, but even more terrifying and sadistic. And maybe even capable to telepathically comunicate. Imagine Reiwa Ghidorah talking telepathically to his victims before killing them. That would be absolutely terrifying.

Added in 23 seconds:
Italian G-Fan wrote:
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
Italian G-Fan wrote:
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa Ghidorah

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Italian G-Fan wrote:
Dude you typed the same comment three times,i think he gets it.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Italian G-Fan wrote:
Dude you typed the same comment three times,i think he gets it.

Yikes you are right. I didn’t notice I typed this three times. My bad sorry