Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by gvamp »

Gears 5- I'm working on the campaign right now, currently on Act III of that its taking awhile to go through because Act 2 and Act 3 are basically open world. I should hopefully be done with it this weekend as I have the whole weekend off. After campaign I'll jump into Horde Mode with friends.

Then next Friday I'll start the Link's Awakening remake on the Switch.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Playing Smite, beat Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory, but that was like 3+ months ago.

I"ve played WoW, DC Universe Online, Smash Bros Ultimate, Spider-Man PS4, and Arkham Asylum recently too.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Why isn't this pinned?

Anyhow, playstion had a sale for Ace Combat 7 so I picked it up.
Not a bad game but a little disappointing. It plays just like all the other AC games before it, but now with better graphics. At this point just remaster one of the older games if you're not gonna add anything new.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Just finished Act-1 (and all sidequests in Velen) of Witcher 3 and did all the nodes in Warframe.
Wanted to get Borderlands 3 but I don't like the characters, story and that ending. It looks so fucking shiiit!
Fuck Gearbox and EGS SHILLS.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Ultraman02 wrote:Just finished Act-1 (and all sidequests in Velen) of Witcher 3 and did all the nodes in Warframe.
Wanted to get Borderlands 3 but I don't like the characters, story and that ending. It looks so fucking shiiit!
Fuck Gearbox and EGS SHILLS.
Was this supposed to read like it was over the mic of the 12 year old who had sex with my mom last night? Great job if so.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
space godzilla wrote:Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.
Try replaying Sekiro and get back to me. The big issue with it is it lacks replay value. There aren’t any builds or different ways to approach the game. I say this as someone who has milked at least 100 hours of Dark souls, 2, 3 and Bloodborne individually.

Anyways almost done with resident evil Zero.
Never played any Souls/From Software game before.
What is the main draw for people that play games like that? Just asking because I checked my steam and one of my friends put in 400+ hours in DS 2 and 3.
Last edited by Ultraman02 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ultraman02 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
space godzilla wrote:Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.
Try replaying Sekiro and get back to me. The big issue with it is it lacks replay value. There aren’t any builds or different ways to approach the game. I say this as someone who has milked at least 100 hours of Dark souls, 2, 3 and Bloodborne individually.

Anyways almost done with resident evil Zero.
Never played any Souls/From Software game before.
What is the main draw for people that play games like that? Just asking because I checked my steam and one of my friends put in 400+ hours in DS 2 and 3.
The games are just really solid single player experiences, with a lot of replay value. I've beaten each Dark Souls game multiple times, and each new play-through change up my build and combat style. On top of that the games are full of a lot of optional areas, and different ways to tackle things. Dark Souls, especially the first one, has a lot of branching paths and is almost an open world game. You can essentially skip large portions of the game if you're good enough at the combat.

A lot of people, wrongly, think that the Dark Souls/Fromsoft games are liked because they're hard, and while their is a degree of euphoria for managing to get through one the first time, the difficulty helps the replay-ability.

I also just like a lot of the dark themes and monsters in the games.

Anyways, I beat Astral Chain and am wrapping up all the optional content and post game. Also currently playing Super Metroid. May beat that tonight. The SNES Switch online is awesome. I hope they add more games soon. I'm surprised how many fantastic games are out this year. This weekend will be the switch remake of Legend of Zelda Links Awakening.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I just finished off TLOZ: Link's Awakening on the Switch. It was a nice remake and very charming. I didn't 100% it because part of getting 100% meant doing the dungeon builder thing and some of the challenges just take too long to do. I did manage to collect enough seashells to power up my sword, I didn't get 100% of them because the reward is pretty lame for that. I didn't do all the figures from the trendy game and I got all but like 5 heart pieces.

Not sure what game I'll start next.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Finished Origins, fantastic game.. Not so much an AC, but it felt like an AC precursor which is what it's meant to be.

Bought Odyssey and it seems to be a much larger game, mechanic wise. So far it feels great but not as heavy as Origins.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Tried Tembo the Badass Elephant on Xbox since its free and it just wasn't for me so instead I started Metro Exodus which is an amazing game even though I'm less than a half hour in.

PC Specs

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Playing currently Dynasty Warriors 9 (PS4)
Previously beat Warriors Orochi 4 (Xbox One)
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Currently playing the PS4 version of Minecraft (trying to make a tree metropolis that spans across the entire world).
A game I remember beating Fire Pro Wrestling World (pretty great game in my opinion).

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

All of the Sonic The Hedgehog games are for sale on Steam, so I took a look at two of them:

PLaying:

Sonic Adventure DX - So far it's been pretty good. It runs a lot smoother on my computer than SA2 and seems to be less buggy. At the current moment, I'm having fun playing this one.....

Gave Up On:

Sonic Adventure 2 - This game infuriated me. The broken graphics and controls caused the game to be unplayable in several spots. I made it as far as the giant stone statue boss before rage quitting over Sonic continuously falling off the edge because of the way the character moves vs the placement of the camera. It's disappointing too because the segments that didn't lag or glitched were actually fun......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finished Metro Exodus a few weeks ago and thought it was an amazing game, my favorite in the series even though I got the bad ending.

Now I'm playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and its pretty excellent. I like the mashup of various games; its like the Force Unleashed, Dark Souls, Metroid/Castlevania and Tomb Raider/Uncharted all rolled into one game.

Not sure what's after Star Wars, either The Outer Worlds or Pokemon Sword

PC Specs

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I got myself a copy of Pokemon Emerald, enjoying it immensely.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Just finished Pokemon Sword. Best Pokemon game since HGSS.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Just finished Pokemon Sword. Best Pokemon game since HGSS.
I agree. I'm having a blast in the postgame. The games have issues for sure, but it's a shame that there's tons of negativity surrounding the game from those that haven't actually played the game themselves, or never had any intention of buying it to begin with.

I have Shield, so if you'd like I'd be willing to trade version exclusives. I have Eiscue, Ponyta and some others unique to my game. I need the Apple's Sword version item and also I need Darumaka. Let me know! Also let me know if you want to do raids.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Now Playing:
- Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (PS4)
- Samurai Warriors 4-II (PS4)
- War Thunder (Xbox One)
- Ace Combat 7 (Xbox One)
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Now playing:

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. Been waaaaay too long since I've played this gem. Just picked it up on sale on Steam.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just finished Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It was an excellent game highly recommended. Going to take a break from games for a bit so I'm not sure what I'll start next. My focus will be to make it through Ultraseven on BD.

PC Specs