Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Moogabunga »

_JNavs_ wrote:Thanksgiving is looking more and more like the case tbh.
Guarantee you it comes out before Thanksgiving

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote:
I'm all for a sooner trailer release lol, it'd give us something to geek out about to our families during TG.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I just want to say the revamped Box Office Mojo sucks.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
I'm all for a sooner trailer release lol, it'd give us something to geek out about to our families during TG.
This but minus the family part.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Terminator: Dark Fate...don't care. Let that franchise die.

New James Bond...I love Bond, but I'm also kind of done with Craig's run as 007.

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker...don't care at all and it actually makes me sad that I don't care. They've successfully sucked out my ability to care about Star Wars.

Frozen II...yeah, not for me. If I had kids, I'd take them and it would probably be mostly painless, but I don't, so I'm not seeing it.

Anything MCU related...eh. Endgame was a good enough ending to everything. I think I'm good.

Godzilla Vs. Kong...GIMME GIMME GIMME! NOW! I WANT IT NOW!!! What body part do I have to sell to see this dang movie?!?!?!
Last edited by GojiDog on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GojiDog wrote:Terminator: Dark Fate...don't care. Let that franchise die.

New James Bond...I love Bond, but I'm also kind of done with Craig's run as 007.

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker...don't care at all and it actually makes me sad that I don't care. They've successfully sucked out my ability to care about Star Wars.

Frozen II...yeah, not for me. If I had kids, I'd take them and it would probably be mostly painless, but I don't, so I'm not seeing it.

Anything MCU related...eh. Endgame was a good enough ending to everything. I think I'm good.

Godzilla Vs. Kong...GIMME GIMME GIMME! NOW! I WANT IT NOW!!! What body part do I have to sell to see this dang movie?!?!?!
I actually agree with everything you said except Frozen 2. I am going to be forced to sit through that
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I wonder if they’re gonna repeat the marketing strategy from the Meg and have just one trailer.
Yooo 8-)

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

The official KOTM YouTube channel just updated its title and description for GvK
GO GO GOJI KUN

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GoWhaleTours wrote:The official KOTM YouTube channel just updated its title and description for GvK
I assume you're talking about this channel, but I don't think this is actually an official channel. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe these video have ever been linked by Legendary or Warner Bros nor does any other evidence exist of this being an official channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj_pmR ... w/featured

Edit: Yeah, that channel is definitely fake...watch some of the videos, in particular the "Monarch Specimens" one
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think there is an actual KOTM channel,it also uploaded videos of G14 before that one released. Just gotta find it..

EDIT: It exist,but despite the channel name change,it hasn't uploaded a single KOTM related vid,everything still straight out of 5 years ago.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

GojiDog wrote:Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker...don't care at all and it actually makes me sad that I don't care. They've successfully sucked out my ability to care about Star Wars.
That is EXACTLY how I feel about Star Wars nowadays. I haven't even watched the trailer for the new one.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
GojiDog wrote:Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker...don't care at all and it actually makes me sad that I don't care. They've successfully sucked out my ability to care about Star Wars.
That is EXACTLY how I feel about Star Wars nowadays. I haven't even watched the trailer for the new one.
Yeah, you're not missing anything, trust me.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

tyrantgoji wrote:I think there is an actual KOTM channel,it also uploaded videos of G14 before that one released. Just gotta find it..

EDIT: It exist,but despite the channel name change,it hasn't uploaded a single KOTM related vid,everything still straight out of 5 years ago.
I have a feeling they were going to release the trailers and tv spots in that channel like they did for Godzilla 2014 but then they (Warner Bros) saw that they had millions of subscribers on their own channel and decided to upload there for further exposure.
Yooo 8-)

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I feel like everything for this film has just come to a halt. It makes me wonder if the next big announcement is a schedule change in the release date... Again.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Maybe but you'd think they'd have announced something already this close to release.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Let's not panic guys. LOL

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I know what WB is trying to do with not releasing the trailer for GvsKong, but it’s about time to do so. At this point you’re just aggravating the fans lol
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Cookson wrote:I know what WB is trying to do with not releasing the trailer for GvsKong, but it’s about time to do so. At this point you’re just aggravating the fans lol
Psychotics like us will see the movie 8 times anyway, so I don't blame them for focusing the marketing on General Audiences.
In my opinion, of course.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

HannibalBarca wrote:
Cookson wrote:I know what WB is trying to do with not releasing the trailer for GvsKong, but it’s about time to do so. At this point you’re just aggravating the fans lol
Psychotics like us will see the movie 8 times anyway, so I don't blame them for focusing the marketing on General Audiences.

Yeah, KOTM focused on us and for that I am happy. But please go, don't fuck up the action scenes this time