What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Fish Cakes »

master_of_monsters wrote:it's worse when you're an introvert with horrid communication skills on top of all that
Yeah, communication is super important in dating. Last three people I've met ended up being too busy to pursue a relationship further. Like, not just with me but with anyone and shit. Pisses me off, why are they on a dating site in the first place if they don't have the time and energy to commit to dating? Tell me that shit up-front.

Also, don't read too much into the introvert vs extrovert stuff, it's ultimately a label. You are you. I am I. They are they. In the end, we all die.

Sorry, I sound like a massive incel in retrospect. I'm not upset at anyone, I'm upset about making plans, spending money, time, all that, for what amounts to people not even wanting to be friends.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Fish Cakes wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:it's worse when you're an introvert with horrid communication skills on top of all that
Yeah, communication is super important in dating. Last three people I've met ended up being too busy to pursue a relationship further. Like, not just with me but with anyone and poop. Pisses me off, why are they on a dating site in the first place if they don't have the time and energy to commit to dating? Tell me that poop up-front.

Also, don't read too much into the introvert vs extrovert stuff, it's ultimately a label. You are you. I am I. They are they. In the end, we all die.

Sorry, I sound like a massive incel in retrospect. I'm not upset at anyone, I'm upset about making plans, spending money, time, all that, for what amounts to people not even wanting to be friends.
friends? what are those? :P but yeah that shit is frustrating. Personally though I feel I'm not stable enough to seek anything like that yet, hell I don't even have a car or a license and I just started a new job
your source of self destruction

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I think some jackass on YouTube just gave away a MAJOR piece of GvK news in the title and thumbnail of a video that randomly popped up on the recommended list. I hardly watch Godzilla videos for just that reason. Maybe it's not true, or maybe it's something that'll be revealed in the trailers, anyway... but if it was something that was supposed to be kept quiet, I would've liked to walk into the theater not knowing...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:I think some jackass on YouTube just gave away a MAJOR piece of GvK news in the title and thumbnail of a video that randomly popped up on the recommended list. I hardly watch Godzilla videos for just that reason. Maybe it's not true, or maybe it's something that'll be revealed in the trailers, anyway... but if it was something that was supposed to be kept quiet, I would've liked to walk into the theater not knowing...
Let me guess, D Man?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Living Corpse wrote:Let me guess, D Man?
My first thought would be Candice actually.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm pretty sure it was D Man, but apparently it was just info on the GvK prequel graphic novel. I don't care about that, so no harm done.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Candice site just take the fucking bait? >:c

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:I'm pretty sure it was D Man, but apparently it was just info on the GvK prequel graphic novel. I don't care about that, so no harm done.
I was about to say we don't even have a trailer for GvsKK and already? Yeah they showed off a monster for the graphic novel at Comic Con. Still no name yet.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Idiots on YouTube making clickbait Godzilla videos piss me off, because for the most part, it’s all low-rent easy to find shit just exploited from other sources.

It’s fucking obnoxious that I get bombarded with Godzilla clickbait videos just because I’ve been searching Godzilla related stuff.

To be brutally honest, it’s extra annoying because I’m currently trying to translate some Godzilla mangas, and in a few weeks I’m going to some actual Godzilla events in Tokyo, and I sort of have someone semi-close to Toho that I know(it’s not really a big deal). What I’m trying to say, is basically a lot of this Godzilla click-bait stuff, is just mostly people pretending to be important, and make money off of the YouTube game.

If I wanted to be evil I could form my own clickbaity Godzilla YouTube channel :evil:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'll tell ya what's been getting on my nerves lately.

Since moving into my new neighborhood, I've noticed that my neighbors have a nasty habit of leaving their trash bags by the curb for trash pick up without putting them inside trashcans.

Not only is that incredibly lazy and disgusting, but do these morons not understand that leaving the trash bags out over night is a sure fire way to attract an undesirable rodent population? Sure enough, I found a dead rat in front of my door just last week.

I hate to be the guy that just raises hell, but I hate mice and I hate rats, and leaving trash bags out attracts them. Sorry, I'm not sorry. Next HOA meeting, I am going to raise a major stink about this.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiDog wrote:I'll tell ya what's been getting on my nerves lately.

Since moving into my new neighborhood, I've noticed that my neighbors have a nasty habit of leaving their trash bags by the curb for trash pick up without putting them inside trashcans.

Not only is that incredibly lazy and disgusting, but do these morons not understand that leaving the trash bags out over night is a sure fire way to attract an undesirable rodent population? Sure enough, I found a dead rat in front of my door just last week.

I hate to be the guy that just raises hell, but I hate mice and I hate rats, and leaving trash bags out attracts them. Sorry, I'm not sorry. Next HOA meeting, I am going to raise a major stink about this.
The Garbage Day clip is relevant. :lol:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Used to have a very redneck family living next to me who would let their garbage pile up on the fence we share.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Is it illegal (no trash tags on the bag) or are you just projecting your home's rat problem onto that?

On this note, home owners' associations get on my nerves. Feels like people wanting to have power trips over their neighbors, just be friendly and mind your own business.

I'm not sure where else to post this, but lately I've been worried I have some sort of reverse body dysphoria and see myself as much more attractive than other people do? Also, I realized I'm more in-touch with fantasy than reality, which scares me deeply.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:

Is it illegal (no trash tags on the bag) or are you just projecting your home's rat problem onto that?

On this note, home owners' associations get on my nerves. Feels like people wanting to have power trips over their neighbors, just be friendly and mind your own business.

I'm not sure where else to post this, but lately I've been worried I have some sort of reverse body dysphoria and see myself as much more attractive than other people do? Also, I realized I'm more in-touch with fantasy than reality, which scares me deeply.
That's a good point. If I ever own a home I wouldn't do anything that would disturb my neighbors, but at the same time I would not listen to anyone who tells me what to do with my own belongings/things.

I mean it's never a bad thing to feel good about yourself, but if it makes you egotistical that's pretty bad.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:That's a good point. If I ever own a home I wouldn't do anything that would disturb my neighbors, but at the same time I would not listen to anyone who tells me what to do with my own belongings/things.

I mean it's never a bad thing to feel good about yourself, but if it makes you egotistical that's pretty bad.
Yeah, it's also a really weak move to not just talk to someone about stuff that bothers you. My family used to have these REALLY annoying, nosy neighbors who would leave these passive-aggressive notes on our door and gossip about us with new people who move in and stuff. Fake, petty shit like that annoys the hell out of me.

Not egotistical, I just worry I come across as it because I speak very bluntly and have high self-confidence. The world may never know.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: If I wanted to be evil I could form my own clickbaity Godzilla YouTube channel :evil:
The thing that annoys me about shitty Godzilla channels is that I didn't come up with it first. I know how to edit, I remember when the Godzilla Youtube scene was barren... I could've made "KING GHIDORAH EXPLAINED" and "THE HISTORY OF MONARCH OUTPOSTS YOU WON'T BELIEVE (DESTOROYAH IN GVK???)"
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Smuggers wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: If I wanted to be evil I could form my own clickbaity Godzilla YouTube channel :evil:
The thing that annoys me about shitty Godzilla channels is that I didn't come up with it first. I know how to edit, I remember when the Godzilla Youtube scene was barren... I could've made "KING GHIDORAH EXPLAINED" and "THE HISTORY OF MONARCH OUTPOSTS YOU WON'T BELIEVE (DESTOROYAH IN GVK???)"
Exactly :evil:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:Used to have a very redneck family living next to me who would let their garbage pile up on the fence we share.
Didn't realize this was you and your dad
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: The Garbage Day clip is relevant. :lol:
Right? Lol.
Fish Cakes wrote: Is it illegal (no trash tags on the bag) or are you just projecting your home's rat problem onto that?

I'm not sure if its illegal, but it is certainly unsanitary. Normally, I don't give a crap what my neighbors do but when it creates a rodent problem for the whole neighborhood that can easily be resolved, I feel like I have to say something.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:That's a good point. If I ever own a home I wouldn't do anything that would disturb my neighbors, but at the same time I would not listen to anyone who tells me what to do with my own belongings/things.
If it was just one neighbor or even two homes doing it, I would just talk to them directly, but its literally over half the people on my block doing this, so going to the HOA is the best way to get the message out to everyone without singling anybody out.

I don't want to be that guy that nags at everyone, but if all you have to do is buy a trashcan to resolve the issue,

Also, our HOA isn't that bad. I got dinged a couple weeks ago to have my back fence fixed and they gave me until the first weekend of April to do it and told me "Thanks for telling us your situation, no rush to have it fixed, just keep us posted if you can't make that 1st weekend of April date". Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. So if I tell them about my issue they'll make sure the message gets out to everyone and hopefully that will correct it.

Most people have already started putting rat poison traps around the homes, so if they're willing to do that, why not just get a damn trashcan to put your trash in?
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiDog wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: The Garbage Day clip is relevant. :lol:
Right? Lol.
Fish Cakes wrote: Is it illegal (no trash tags on the bag) or are you just projecting your home's rat problem onto that?

I'm not sure if its illegal, but it is certainly unsanitary. Normally, I don't give a crap what my neighbors do but when it creates a rodent problem for the whole neighborhood that can easily be resolved, I feel like I have to say something.
If it was just one neighbor or even two homes doing it, I would just talk to them directly, but its literally over half the people on my block doing this, so going to the HOA is the best way to get the message out to everyone without singling anybody out.

I don't want to be that guy that nags at everyone, but if all you have to do is buy a trashcan to resolve the issue,

Also, our HOA isn't that bad. I got dinged a couple weeks ago to have my back fence fixed and they gave me until the first weekend of April to do it and told me "Thanks for telling us your situation, no rush to have it fixed, just keep us posted if you can't make that 1st weekend of April date". Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. So if I tell them about my issue they'll make sure the message gets out to everyone and hopefully that will correct it.

Most people have already started putting rat poison traps around the homes, so if they're willing to do that, why not just get a damn trashcan to put your trash in?
I think many people just have a different idea on what is more or less polite. Like to some people, directly asking would be better and more personal, but at the same time some people might find it more confrontational. I don't think there's a right answer.

On a slightly related note, my next door neighbor consistently blasts music and television shows at strange times. Japanese apartment walls are super thin, so it's not me just being weird. I realized that he works as a shift worker at some local factory, I think, so he always gets home much later then me. I don't want to tell him not to watch television or whatever, because it's not my fault or his fault that his life just has a different schedule then mine. My remedy to this is that during the hours he's not home, and when he is home on the weekends, I have no reservations about being loud myself (not intentionally trying to get back at him or anything, just like I'm not worried about if I'm bothering him too much).