King Ghidorah (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

King Ghidorah (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

Post by GmkGoji »

OKAY OKAY I know what yall may be thinking. BUT, this isn't as one-sided as it seems.

MV Ghiddy[url]https://wikizilla.org › wiki › King_Ghidorah › Legendary[/url]

Showa Ghiddy[url]https://wikizilla.org › wiki › King_Ghidorah › Showa[/url]

Monsterverse Ghidorah is a lot bigger, but Showa Ghidorah would use his flying abilities to his advantage like how he used them against Godzilla, so he couldn't hit him. Like a spammer spamming and OP move in a video game. Monsteverse Ghidorah just bit at and gravity beamed Godzilla. Also, Ghidorah was definitely not as strong as Monsterverse Godzilla, because he only was able to pick him up after sucking up a massive amount of electricity. In a 1v1 battle, Monsterverse Ghidorah was about on par with Godzilla. With Mothra and Godzilla together, with Godzilla mainly using his atomic breath instead of melee attacks, Ghidorah was starting to lose. Ghidorah needed a power boost to take care of them both. Showa, on the other hand, in his first movie, was only brought down by the combination of 3 different Kaiju, Mothra, Rodan, and Godzilla. In Destroy All Monsters, he held his own against a much more impressive number until he was knocked to the ground by Gorosaurus, a whopping 7 different Kaiju! It took Godzilla, Gorosaurus (especially him), Mothra, Kumonga, Rodan, Anguirus, and Minilla (yeah, kinda cheap to consider that shmuck as helpful, but he did technically end up being the one to finish him off). Now, say Monsterverse Ghidorah, who doesn't even employ tactics like Showa era does, were to go up against the same ones, but monsterverse-ified. He'd be destroyed immediately, because he was already being beaten by just Mothra and Godzilla pretty badly. Godzilla by himself, to my knowledge, has never beaten Showa era Ghidorah on his own. Not only that, but Showa era Ghidorah is surprisingly durable. One might say "Oh, but Ghidorah could just regenerate himself because Showa can't completely destroy him!" Well, he doesn't need to. Seeing as how the middle head was still alive after Godzilla's thermonuclear head, but the head Godzilla ripped off was dead, I believe that the middle head is the main threat. If Showa were to cut off or impale through all of Monsterverse Ghidorah's heads, I think it'd die. I mean, this might not be true, but I think that this would be the case. If this is true, Showa Ghidorah, a known strategist, would just need to fly above Monsterverse Ghidorah, a creature known for not really strategizing, and use his gravity beams to cut through all of its heads at once. But would his gravity beams be strong enough to do it? They can't even kill Showa Godzilla, what about Monsterverse Ghidorah? I mean, he was the cause of the destruction of an entire advanced civilization on Venus and responsible for how it looks now. That means his power out put would be at least comparable to Monsterverse Ghidorah, who could probably do the same thing. However, I don't think Monsterverse Ghidorah could make a planet look like Venus, maybe with his storm he could kinda change what Earth looks like, but probably nothing like Venus. So with tactics, and maybe a surprise attack, Showa Ghidorah could impale every one of Ghidorah's heads so that he can't regenerate and effectively dies. BUT then again, Monsterverse Ghidorah has the definite edge on melee combat. All Monsterverse Ghidorah would need to do is come up to Showa Ghidorah and beat the crap out of him.

I see it this way: If Showa can keep Ghidorah away for long enough, he wins.
If Monsterverse gets his necks/heads on Showa, he wins.
Both can win. It depends on who can get the other dead faster.
In the end, I think Showa actually has a shot at winning. However, I'm abstaining for now.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Re: King Ghidorah (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Showa. He has more destructive power.

Legendary Ghidorah couldn't even kill a little girl in a football stadium. And had trouble killing a lady in a car.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Showa King Ghidorah’s beams have no killing power at all. They just make monsters stagger and fall over, they don’t do any meaningful damage. A Mothra Larva survived them just fine, and the most they ever did to Godzilla was make him flail for a bit. And SKG is going to land, given that he constantly let Godzilla get close to him. Rodan certainly couldn’t have done much to keep KG out of the air for any sizable length of time.

Showa King Ghidorah is going to land and stand around cackling, which is going to let Monsterverse Ghidorah charge into him and start tearing him apart. Because Showa King Ghidorah is hopeless in melee.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MV Ghidorah would be on Showa Ghidorah like a flock of birds on a ditch of worms.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GmkGoji wrote:Showa Ghidorah would use his flying abilities to his advantage like how he used them against Godzilla, so he couldn't hit him. Like a spammer spamming and OP move in a video game. Monsteverse Ghidorah just bit at and gravity beamed Godzilla.
A highlight scene of KOTM '19 is MV Ghidorah curbstomping Rodan in a completely aerial battle.
GmkGoji wrote:with Godzilla mainly using his atomic breath instead of melee attacks, Ghidorah was starting to lose. Ghidorah needed a power boost to take care of them both.
Godzilla had just been supercharged by a nuclear blast, to the point where Godzilla overloading and detonating was inevitable. This is outright stated by the characters in the movie.
GmkGoji wrote:If Showa were to cut off or impale through all of Monsterverse Ghidorah's heads, I think it'd die.
Very likely... except how would Showa KG actually accomplish that?
GmkGoji wrote:Showa Ghidorah, a known strategist
Pffffft hahaha :lol:
GmkGoji wrote:use his gravity beams to cut through all of its heads at once.
Showa Ghidorah's gravity beams can't even cut through Mothra Larva.
GmkGoji wrote:So with tactics, and maybe a surprise attack, Showa Ghidorah could impale every one of Ghidorah's heads so that he can't regenerate and effectively dies.
But again... like... how? Showa Ghidorah isn't suddenly covered with razor sharp swords just because he decides to strategize. What's he going to impale or cut through MV Ghodorah with? His wings? His tails? His faces? He has nothing sharp to impale with.

Don't get me wrong. Showa King Ghidorah is my favorite incarnation of the character. But he has absolutely no way of defeating MonsterVerse King Ghidorah. The only thing Showa has going for him is his insane durability, but all that means is he'll survive MonsterVerse's beating and blasting until he decides to fly away to fight another day.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Showa Ghidorah's best hope is his "gravity beam the shit out of everything in a mad frenzy" strategy holds the squad up. Minute Monsterverse gets breaks though and grapples, he's dead. Maybe if MV tries the sky drop again and he breaks out, he can escape or try to outmaneuver him, but this boy is gonna have the 4th curb stomp in his life.

RIP Evan.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

GmkGoji wrote:BUT, this isn't as one-sided as it seems.
Yes it is. KOTM KG is superior to Showa in literally every capacity.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I mean at least Showa will probably live at the end of this by durability and the gravity beams will do some damage but um..besides that he's skreoonked.

I feel as if the only Toho Ghidorah who can beat his American counterpart is Grand King,due to his massive amount of powers MV Ghidorah will never see coming.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Showa's gravity beams would be overwhelmed by Monsterverse's gravity beams coming from his mouth (blocking Showa) and wings, Showa getting hit from multiple angles. Showa is inferior to Monsterverse thanks to maneuverability both on the ground and air (though the strength of the two are equal, so maybe Showa can use that to his advantage. However, Monsterverse has a drain Showa with his bite so that strength equality could be rendered moot.). I think Monsterverse will win.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

What if Showa Ghidorah's gravity beams supercharge MV Ghidorah? :lol:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:BUT, this isn't as one-sided as it seems.
Yes it is. KOTM KG is superior to Showa in literally every capacity.
Nuh uh. KOTM KG isn't as good of a target as Showa Ghids. You take that back.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.